Nintendo Switch at Amazon $300, Exclusively for Prime Members (Act fast, will be gone quickly)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Nintendo Switch
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you!

OOS

Thanks, worked for me.

Lol. People selling for $160?

Sell yours for a Gift Card
We'll buy it for $11.80

whats the deal withe it being sold for 160.00? strange

Why are there so many for under $200 from private sellers? scam?

It's pretty obviously a scam. Anyone have a viable link to report it?

Any seller that says "just launched" and under $300 is a guaranteed scam...

Mulox said:   Any seller that says "just launched" and under $300 is a guaranteed scam...
Yes, I've noticed a large influx of "just launched" scam sellers on a variety of products in the last few weeks. Amazon will have to find a way to address them soon, they make for a bad buying experience.

It'd be nice if shops could just stock what people want instead of this limited edition nonsense. I can't even find an NES mini nearby here unless Fry's stocks it for $40 over MSRP. "Your best buys are always at Fry's Guaranteed" <- utter nonsense.

Dotbody said:   
Mulox said:   Any seller that says "just launched" and under $300 is a guaranteed scam...
Yes, I've noticed a large influx of "just launched" scam sellers on a variety of products in the last few weeks. Amazon will have to find a way to address them soon, they make for a bad buying experience.

Right... this has been an ongoing problem for years, and now it's getting worse with more and more flooding the market.  Basically the scammer creates a new account and sells a bogus/non-existent item for significantly less than is realistic (that is your first clue - if it looks too good to be true, it IS!).  I have played this game with 6-7 items in the last 12 months and each time it ends with Amazon having to step in and cancel with a full refund.  

IMO I think their motivation/purpose is that they scam hundreds of people every day, knowing full well that most will end in cancels, BUT in the same way mfg rebates work, they are hoping that a handful will forget and not follow up to cancel and that's how they make money.  Eventually they get slammed with so many negative reviews that the account is shut down, so the scammer simply creates a new email/account and starts all over again.  

This could all be prevented if Amazon had a stricter account sign-up process, like require a SSN or something else that is unique and cannot be re-used.  With technology today, there are other ways to uniquely identify people besides SSN - it can be done, Amazon just needs to care enough to work on fixing the problem.

I'm finding some too good to be true buy it now deals on eBay today too from 0 feedback sellers. Go figure, right?

Mulox said:   
Dotbody said:   
Yes, I've noticed a large influx of "just launched" scam sellers on a variety of products in the last few weeks. Amazon will have to find a way to address them soon, they make for a bad buying experience.

Right... this has been an ongoing problem for years, and now it's getting worse with more and more flooding the market.  Basically the scammer creates a new account and sells a bogus/non-existent item for significantly less than is realistic (that is your first clue - if it looks too good to be true, it IS!).  I have played this game with 6-7 items in the last 12 months and each time it ends with Amazon having to step in and cancel with a full refund.  

IMO I think their motivation/purpose is that they scam hundreds of people every day, knowing full well that most will end in cancels, BUT in the same way mfg rebates work, they are hoping that a handful will forget and not follow up to cancel and that's how they make money.  Eventually they get slammed with so many negative reviews that the account is shut down, so the scammer simply creates a new email/account and starts all over again.  

This could all be prevented if Amazon had a stricter account sign-up process, like require a SSN or something else that is unique and cannot be re-used.  With technology today, there are other ways to uniquely identify people besides SSN - it can be done, Amazon just needs to care enough to work on fixing the problem.

How about if you get five negative feedback in a row, you're suspended from certain classes of products?

Like this person: ​https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B01LTHP2ZK&isAmazo...

I was able to secure one earlier today because of this topic. Thanks op! Look forward to playing bomberman with my kiddos

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017