WinX Dvd
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Windows only?

ravenmaniac (Mar. 27, 2017 @ 2:28p) |

Free stuff is always good.

Druden (Mar. 28, 2017 @ 6:32a) |

Anyone know if this offer is still valid? (As of today, 3-29-17, following the original post link, it does say offer exp... (more)

pentiuman (Mar. 29, 2017 @ 3:31p) |

WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
License key:AA-VOEDVBJQ-FMPRUX
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › WinX
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

After I installed it it asks for the license key. Is there a free key somewhere?

TellyTubby said:   After I installed it it asks for the license key. Is there a free key somewhere?

MISTERCHEAP said:   
TellyTubby said:   After I installed it it asks for the license key. Is there a free key somewhere?

Thanks!

Hmm. No free updates? So, if there are bugs or an exploit, you just have to live with them?
I guess, for free, you can't go wrong. But it certainly doesn;t have a $40 value with those restrictions.

canoeguy1 said:   Hmm. No free updates? So, if there are bugs or an exploit, you just have to live with them?
I guess, for free, you can't go wrong. But it's certainly not worth $40 with those restrictions.

I've never run into an issue with these types of giveaways with no free updates. the software works just fine for years and years. and typically, they do offer this at least once a year for free, so you can always just get the latest version that way and uninstall the older version to be 'updated' for free.

Is there a direct D/L link?

pkp413 said:   Is there a direct D/L link?

just use any fake email addy. no need to really register.

Anyone know what version this is? I'm currently using version 8.0 from a previous freebie. Works great, but everytime I open it, I get a message trying to convince me to update to version 8.5.

fungo45 said:   Anyone know what version this is? I'm currently using version 8.0 from a previous freebie. Works great, but everytime I open it, I get a message trying to convince me to update to version 8.5.
  Technical Details

• Developed by Digiarty Software 
  • Version is v8.5.0
  • Download size is 38.3 MB
  • Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)

MISTERCHEAP said:   

https://downloads.sharewareonsale.com/files/hub/sharewareonsale....

pkp413 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

https://downloads.sharewareonsale.com/files/hub/sharewareonsale.com/SharewareOnSale_Giveaway_WinX_DVD_Ripper_Platinum_hub.exe

bad link

I used one of the free versions of DVD Ripper a few years ago, until I discovered Handbrake, which is far superior and always free. DVD Ripper did mostly work but was also very quirky. I hope the latest version doesn't have the problems with audio sync that old version had!

The license key works for the download directly from the maker as well:
https://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper-platinum/?ins-DRP8.5.0

ahallfatwallett said:   ... until I discovered Handbrake, which is far superior and always free.

More on this, please.

https://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-dvd-ripper-pt.exe

Direct Download link from manufacturer

ocean935 said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   ... until I discovered Handbrake, which is far superior and always free.
  More on this, please.

I am not familiar with Handbrake, but here is there website.

https://handbrake.fr/

Thanks. I did give the website a quick glance before I posted.
I was wondering if ahall could shed some light on why that would be preferable.

DVD Ripper was quirky when I used it a few years ago. Handbrake just works better for me - I have been using it for years. No audio sync issues and I found it easier to use. However, I'm not copying DVD to DVD - I'm just ripping DVD movies to MP4 files.

I will say that I use Handbrake in Linux, not Windows. I understand that the newest versions of Windows don't have a built-in DVD decoder, and Handbrake in Windows might need one. Maybe you just need to install VLC media player (also free) first?

Try both and see which works better for you. You'll have to see for yourself.

I have paid versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and still use DVD Shrink. DVD to DVD files.
But every once in a while, there will be some stubborn DVD that will refuse to be backed up.
I'll try DVD Ripper on them, and hope for the best.

Two questions:
- what % space am I saving by ripping to MP4 files instead of DVD files?
- what % quality am I losing by doing so?
Thanks!

I have no interest at all in "DVD files." DVD is an obsolete data delivery system I use as a one-way read-only system, only when I am starting with something on DVD. MP4 videos can be played on my phone, tablet, or media PC. If I'm lucky, I'll never need to burn another DVD disc again - can't imagine why I'd ever want to.

ahallfatwallett said:   I have no interest at all in "DVD files." DVD is an obsolete data delivery system I use as a one-way read-only system, only when I am starting with something on DVD. MP4 videos can be played on my phone, tablet, or media PC. If I'm lucky, I'll never need to burn another DVD disc again - can't imagine why I'd ever want to.

if you have no interest, why are you even commenting in this thread? 

Most people here should also consider trying out makemkv, it's free while in beta (basically forever so far) and is quite good. It'll handle most blurays too.

used in combination with handbrake to shrink stuff down there isn't much you can't do for free.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   I have no interest at all in "DVD files." DVD is an obsolete data delivery system I use as a one-way read-only system, only when I am starting with something on DVD. MP4 videos can be played on my phone, tablet, or media PC. If I'm lucky, I'll never need to burn another DVD disc again - can't imagine why I'd ever want to.

I am interested in ripping from DVDs to some other format that is not obsolete - like MP4.  I didn't get the word about Handbrake right away, either.  Just trying to share my good experience with it, which was much better than with DVD Ripper.

I am baffled that people still use DVD discs for anything other than reading them.  Then again, I guess some people still use floppy discs too to store information.

ahallfatwallett said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I am interested in ripping from DVDs to some other format that is not obsolete - like MP4.  I didn't get the word about Handbrake right away, either.  Just trying to share my good experience with it, which was much better than with DVD Ripper.

I am baffled that people still use DVD discs for anything other than reading them.  Then again, I guess some people still use floppy discs too to store information.

I use DVD's to store important info, such as finances, that are too sensitive to put in the cloud. I don't want that stuff on my PC, and I don't trust it to a (possibly unreliable) external HD or a memory stick. DVD's rarely fail.

What ^^^ he said.
Plus, I back-up DVDs and BDs to HDs as DVD files to maintain their quality. I am willing to go MP4 if there is significant savings in size, and insignificant loss of quality. I don't have a large screen TV at the moment, so I can't test it out for myself.
Experienced input is appreciated.

canoeguy1 said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I use DVD's to store important info, such as finances, that are too sensitive to put in the cloud. I don't want that stuff on my PC, and I don't trust it to a (possibly unreliable) external HD or a memory stick. DVD's rarely fail.

Burning optical discs is slow and error-prone, and there's no real reason for it when portable hard drives are so much faster and cheaper per GB.  Sure, hard drives can fail too, which is why I have multiple copies of data on multiple drives.  Only a fool would have only a single copy of their data on one hard drive.  The chance of two or three separate drives failing at the same time is remote.  And I can tell quickly if a drive is failing - all hard drives have S.M.A.R.T. technology built into them; they can test themselves.  I can't tell if an optical disc is failing without re-verifying the entire disc, all the data on it.  But optical discs can fail, too.

I have terabytes of data (photos) - trying to back this up on discs is completely impractical.  And what if I need to retrieve something?  How many discs would I have to hunt through - how long would that take?  It's infinitely easier with a hard drive.

You can also make incremental and differential backups (snapshots) on hard drives very easily and quickly, without backing up the whole set of data again.  Oops, some files accidentally got deleted in the last week or two - when was the last time they existed in my backups?  That's easy to figure out quickly with a differential backup on a hard drive.  How long would that take with optical discs, assuming you went to the trouble of burning a full backup of your data set very often to a new disc?

Anyone know what version this is? I'm currently using version 8.0 from a previous freebie. Works great, but everytime I open it, I get a message trying to convince me to update to version 8.5.

this is a good deal.

wish it did bluray, 480p dvds have to few pixels.
Upscaling  does a OK job as mpeg is slightly analog stored info, but we are now moving towards 1080p being upscaled to 4K

MISTERCHEAP said:   

Yeah you tell that troll Mr. Cheap!!!

tonysavealot said:   wish it did bluray, 480p dvds have to few pixels.
Upscaling  does a OK job as mpeg is slightly analog stored info, but we are now moving towards 1080p being upscaled to 4K

Can bluray be ripped?

iwizfranchise said:   Anyone know what version this is? I'm currently using version 8.0 from a previous freebie. Works great, but everytime I open it, I get a message trying to convince me to update to version 8.5.

Code doesn't work. When did it expire?

ravenmaniac said:   Code doesn't work. When did it expire?

it didn't.

Windows only?

Free stuff is always good.

Anyone know if this offer is still valid? (As of today, 3-29-17, following the original post link, it does say offer expired. - But I'm wondering if the direct link download is any different - if it allows you to install and run this program?)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017