Harman Kardon Esquire Mini COACH Limited Edition Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker $49.99 @Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has Harman Kardon Esquire Mini COACH Limited Edition Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker on sale for $49.99 w/promo code EMCSRDCF3.
Shipping is free.

• The ultra-thin speaker to take your music anywhere.
  • Advanced craftsmanship redefined elegance and performance in an all-in-one speaker.
  • High-fidelity, wireless, Harman Kardon sound with dual, high-performance drivers and extended bass response.
  • Wireless Bluetooth stereo streaming.
  • Versatile, dual-microphone conferencing system with echo and noise cancellation technology.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855754001

Member Summary

Harman Kardon Esquire Mini COACH Limited Edition Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ok, I bit. This thing is perfect for the person who wants to listen to music from his phone, but obviously can't use headphones (ie at work) BUT is usually either too mobile, or needs to be a little discrete. This thing EASILY fits in a pants pocket and can stay there while playing music. This is actually what made the JBL speaker one of the Moto Z's best addons. The bluetooth speaker market is huge, but the far majority of them simply do not fit in your pocket, and if they do they leave an extra bulge. Like the JBL, this can slip into one of your pant pockets without getting in the way and you can play when ever.

So of course one of the first questions I had when I saw this was how did it sound, and my SECOND was how does it compare to the JBL? Several videos if the unit alone revealed very clear high and mids and "passable" lows at medium volumes. When I say passable, it is the best you could expect for a device that has like no air chamber. This is intended for you or a group in a small area at average sound levels.

Amazingly, I found that someone DID do a direct comparison between this and the JBL's!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPt-hRWeFU

TLDR: They came out the same. I detected the harman kardon was a tad clearer while the JBLs offered just a little more thump, but they were more or less simular.

So why have you probably not heard of these before? Because they came out at a silly $179. They completely priced them out of the normal user range and tried to squeeze in with the executives and such, this is a device you probably see in the SkyMall catalog. Hence, the version we see here is the COACH special edition, a "tie in" with a luxury fashion company, which features a brown leather colored stripe design. Not bad looking but not sexy either, luckly it can stay in the pocket.

For $49 however it is hard to pass up. This will easily be something I can slip into my pocket anytime I am going to think I'll want it. Before this I was using one of those mono speaker spheres clipped to my belt, or if I was working over night I would use my Flip 3.

Here is another obscure video out of nowhere that is simply some music samples infront of a good quality mic. No "why".. it is just there.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98_ABYO6Ws

Saddly it seems to have low scores all over the place thanks to it not sounding like a $179 speaker, hard to go and ask how it sounds for a $49 speaker. ^^

Oh yea... if you didnt notice, the back is a bronze leather, again not my style but no one needs to see the speaker. 

Looks like for the next 2 days its running with another promo code that makes it $75. Big discount but puts it up against many other models that can more than put out the bass. Still it was only its unique form factor that made it any good.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017