Canon 2-Pack Pixma MG2522 All-In-One Color Printers $33.00 A/C + FS @ Buydig

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

pic (20.38kB)
Disclaimer
Back again! buydig has a Canon 2-Pack Pixma MG2522 All-In-One Color Printers on sale for $53.00 - $20 Off using coupon code "20F2PK" = $33.00 with free shipping. This received about 4.5/5 stars based on 80 customer reveiws.  

• Capacity Of 60 Sheets Of Plain Paper
  • Print, Scan, Copy
  • Scanner Max. Resolutions - Optical: 600 X 1200 Dpi
  • Print Speed (up To) - Black: 8.0 Ipm2; Color: 4.0 Ipm2

Compare at Amazon for $31.95 (for just one printer) with 3.3/5 stars based on 39 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is such a weird deal given the price of ink. Much cheaper to buy new printers.

rated:
Does anyone know if this can print to 3x5 index cards?

rated:
Can I use this with a laptop, or only a desktop?

rated:
taylorlily2 said:   Can I use this with a laptop, or only a desktop?
  If you connect with a USB cable (which is not included) it will work with a laptop.

This printer is not wireless. 

rated:
I've got a couple of these cheapo loss-leader Canons with empty ink cartridges sitting in my basement because it was cheaper to buy a new one than buy replacement cartridges. I felt guilty about that as it's wasteful and environmentally unsound, and I ended up picking up a Brother MFC-J480DW all-in-one with wifi connection for $50 on sale at Staples, instead of yet another new semi-disposable Canon.

The Brother is superior to the Canon MG2500 series in every way. It was extremely easy to set up the wifi drivers for PCs, tablets and iPhones and wireless printing simply works perfectly, with no hassles. It has better print quality, even from non-OEM cartridges - it's good enough that my wife and I don't usually bother to go upstairs to use our Samsung laser printer any more, even for printing resumes or other business correspondence that requires high print quality. The cartridges last a long time, too, and while it requires re-setting the paper guides in the paper tray, it prints envelopes perfectly, the only printer I can remember owning that doesn't make me have to reprint envelopes because they fed crooked.

I picked up a 5-pack of replacement ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, and two black cartridges) off Amazon for something like $14 and they are about as good as the original Brother cartridges - I can't really tell a difference. Had I bought in larger quantities, I could have gotten the price down well below $2 a cartridge, as opposed to what, $30 to $35 a cartridge for this Canon?

I recommend skipping ultra cheap loss leader printers like this Canon that require expensive, chipped ink cartridges and instead get a Brother like mine - they pretty frequently go on sale for $50 to $60 and you will save money in very short time with their outrageously inexpensive, non-chipped third-party ink cartridges. I've owned at least 15 different printers over the years, ranging from near-letter quality dot matrix printers that cost me hundreds of dollars and produced letters made up with very visible pixels to a variety of inkjet printers to a number of laser printers. The Brother MFC-J480DW is by far the most problem-free and cheapest to operate printer I've ever owned and it is a lot better deal over the medium or the long run than this deal on Canon printers.

rated:
lousygolfer said:   I've got a couple of these cheapo loss-leader Canons with empty ink cartridges sitting in my basement because it was cheaper to buy a new one than buy replacement cartridges. I felt guilty about that as it's wasteful and environmentally unsound, and I ended up picking up a Brother MFC-J480DW all-in-one with wifi connection for $50 on sale at Staples, instead of yet another new semi-disposable Canon.

The Brother is superior to the Canon MG2500 series in every way. It was extremely easy to set up the wifi drivers for PCs, tablets and iPhones and wireless printing simply works perfectly, with no hassles. It has better print quality, even from non-OEM cartridges - it's good enough that my wife and I don't usually bother to go upstairs to use our Samsung laser printer any more, even for printing resumes or other business correspondence that requires high print quality. The cartridges last a long time, too, and while it requires re-setting the paper guides in the paper tray, it prints envelopes perfectly, the only printer I can remember owning that doesn't make me have to reprint envelopes because they fed crooked.

I picked up a 5-pack of replacement ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, and two black cartridges) off Amazon for something like $14 and they are about as good as the original Brother cartridges - I can't really tell a difference. Had I bought in larger quantities, I could have gotten the price down well below $2 a cartridge, as opposed to what, $30 to $35 a cartridge for this Canon?

I recommend skipping ultra cheap loss leader printers like this Canon that require expensive, chipped ink cartridges and instead get a Brother like mine - they pretty frequently go on sale for $50 to $60 and you will save money in very short time with their outrageously inexpensive, non-chipped third-party ink cartridges. I've owned at least 15 different printers over the years, ranging from near-letter quality dot matrix printers that cost me hundreds of dollars and produced letters made up with very visible pixels to a variety of inkjet printers to a number of laser printers. The Brother MFC-J480DW is by far the most problem-free and cheapest to operate printer I've ever owned and it is a lot better deal over the medium or the long run than this deal on Canon printers.

That Brother printer is on sale for $60 at OfficeDepot at the moment. Still, its 4x the price of one of these cheapo Canons. If you use a lot of ink, it makes sense though.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/274381/Brother-Wireless-Co... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017