Fender American Special Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar $629.99 at adorama.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Fender American Special Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar $629.99 at adorama.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Fender American Special Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar
$629.99
https://www.adorama.com/fe0115702300.html&emailprice=t

· 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets 
· Texas Special single-coil neck and middle Stratocaster pickups 
· Atomic humbucking bridge pickup 
· Five-way pickup switch 
· Grease bucket tone circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass) 
· Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Damn you RagingWookiee and/or Fatwallet. You made me buy another guitar. How about a Les Paul next time? Seriously though, great deal. Now to tell the wife.

FW members are getting stingier with the green thumbs-up votes - seems like if it isn't a cell phone deal, a People magazine subscription, a software sale, or some sort of TV deal, nothing is good enough anymore.

This deal is a perfect example of that. It got over 345 views, yet only one member, a single member, could be bothered to click on the green button. Presumably at least half of the people looking at this post know something about guitars and thus must know that this is a terrific deal, hundreds of dollars less than what these American-made Fenders were selling for a few years ago and a whole lot less than the typical $900-$1000 price most music shops want for this guitar today. I guess saving $15 on a tax preparation software download is sexier these days than buying a classic piece of music history at more than a third-off for a savings of hundreds of dollars.

Hey thanks for the message - I have been a lurker here for a while and have never bothered to post or even hit the green thumbs up. You are correct that this is a killer deal, the best I have ever seen on a Fender American Strat. You can't even buy them used off of Craigslist for this amount. I'll hit them thumbs up and pay better attention to what is a great deal in the future.

For those who are wondering, the main difference between this and the rumored to soon be discontinued American Standard are:

• Texas Special single-coil pickups vs. custom shop fat 50's
  • 6 screw tremolo bridge instead of prefered 2 post tremolo bridge - If you don't use trem you can block the trem and this feature will not matter in the slightest
  • 70's headstock vs more 60's ish
  • soft bag vs. hard case
  • Grease Bucket tone circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass) vs. standard 1 vol. 2 tone setup with 2nd tone bypass on tone knob 2
  • Jumbo frets vs. medium jumbo frets

Almost all of these are mere preference or become non-consequential depending on preferences of the player. Bummer not to get a hard case but for most who will not take the guitar out of their house more than a handful of times it really makes no difference. The tone circuits are a cheap modification away from being identical or any number of other variations if that is even a concern. Most people don't play trem so that downgrade won't bother many and many more will not recognize what they are missing unless they have played a nicer strat.

I'm trying to find the $629 deal - but can't. I find a $600 Brown Sunburst No Bag for $600, but it seems to be the same price over at Musican's Friend LINKY - Can someone tell me the correct color to select to get the great deal from above?

Sorry for the late response but it doesn't look like the deal is valid any longer. But it might be worth a call and see if they will give you the deal over the phone. I've heard they do that sometimes if you just missed one of their deals but I have not done that myself. Good luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017