Prime Members: New Kindle E-reader w/ 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display & Special Offers - $49.99 + FS @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

kindle
Disclaimer
Amazon has the New Kindle E-reader w/ 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display & Special Offers available for $49.99 for Amazon Prime Members (discount applied in cart), otherwise it's $79.99. Not a Prime Member? Sign up for a free 30-day trial to take advantage of this offer! Shipping is free

• All-new design is thinner and lighter, and now available in your choice of black or white
  • Easy on your eyes—touchscreen display reads like real paper with no screen glare
  • Single battery charge lasts weeks
  • Holds thousands of books—choose from new releases and bestsellers, or from over a million titles at $2.99 or less
  • Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles

Also Available:

Note: If you already have a Kindle and are upgrading to a new device, Amazon is offering a $20 Bonus to toward a new Kindle when you trade in your old one. More info here

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This deal is not expired.

The upgrade deal is nice. My old (circa 2010) Kindle was dying, sent it in, got $15, plus the $20 coupon for it. So, net cost of the new Paperwhite was $55.

Question: how intrusive/annoying are the "Special Offers" advertisements on these things?

ArmchairArchitect said:   Question: how intrusive/annoying are the "Special Offers" advertisements on these things?
  It's not so bad. I have a Kindle Fire with Special Offers. They only show up on your lock screen (game/app advertisements) and change from time to time. It never got in the way for me, the only downside is you can't set a background for your lock screen but that's about it! Plus I've found out about some pretty fun games that way

Yep, the special offers are a non-issue. However, I'd strongly recommend moving up to the paperwhite to get the awesome backlight.

ArmchairArchitect said:   Question: how intrusive/annoying are the "Special Offers" advertisements on these things?
  No problem at all.  It's just the lockscreen, doesn't impede use of the device in any way, and I've actually bought a couple of books from suggestions that caught my eye when picking up my Kindle.  

I have the Paperwhite, it's nice to have and isn't too hard on the eyes. Ads are not a big deal, unlike the others the books advertised seem to have nothing to do with the books I buy! Go figure!

Do I have time to trade in my current kindle in order to use the credit towards the sale? And when they say extra $20 for trade in, is that included in the quoted price already, or is it a separate $20 credit in addition to the trade in amount?

Sorry, duplicate post.

Also on sale is the Kindle for Kids Bundle for $99.99 - $30.00 = $69.99! Offers the regular last generation e-reader (non-paperwhite) with NO special offers, 2-year worry-free guarantee, and a sturdy flip-top cover with auto-on feature. No other (kids-related) restrictions.

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Bundle-E-reader-Worry-Free-Guarantee/dp/B01KMSFMXO?th=1

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017