• filter:

$25 Dining Certificates for $2 at Restaurant.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
restaurant.com has its $25 Dining Certificate for $2 with coupon code BEST [Exp 3/29]. Fine print applies, such as $35 minimum, dinner only, etc.
https://www.restaurant.com/offer/search?int=rdc_b02ab_249

More deals in the official Restaurant.com coupon thread.
Moderator Comment: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here. — Mar. 29, 2017 @ 7:19am
Member Summary

Restaraunt.com (1.58kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Haven't bought these in a while. I recall having all kinds of restrictions imposed and displeasure shown by the restaurants when trying to redeem the certificates. Has that changed for the better?

Have been going with localflavor. While their certificates are pricier (50% off, with occasional extra savings), they are welcomed by the businesses with no hassles. No (minimal) strings. And you get full face value.

rated:
What is localfavor?  Another certificate?  Please give link here.

Thanks.

rated:
localflavor

- All certificates are 50% off, and are valid for a long period
- All participating merchants welcome customers without frowning upon them
- Occasionally, $5 off per purchase is offered, which is great for low-value certificates ($20 for $10 - $5 = $5)
- Lately, 25% off is offered, which is great for high-value certificates ($70 for $35 - 25% = $26.25)
- When the discounts are being offered, it usually gets posted here on FW

Several certificates are worthwhile at 50% off without waiting for the extra discounts. Some certificates are either not offered during the special promos, or limited quantities are snapped up quickly.
There is a local grocery store where I shop regularly. They are slightly pricier, but with good quality produce. Using the certificates at 50% off makes them the best value around.

rated:
I am noticing that restaurant.com locations require the minimum purchase to be twice the face value of the certificate.
So the best deal you are getting is 50% off, plus $2. So already a little behind.
Next, I am noticing that in order to spend the minimum, you generally have to go way over. For example, $49.98 is insufficient for a $50 minimum. You might have to spend say $56.98. That's a big no-no for me.
With localflavor, if you don't use the full value, you just lose the balance. So in my example, spending $49.98 is just fine. You "lose" the 2c.
I also notice a much better selection of restaurants with them. At least in my neck of the woods.
I think I will pass on this.

rated:
Local Flavor was Double Take Deals (I worked there for a bit), a site trying to compete with Groupon/ Living Social. They are (were*) owned by Gannett (USA Today) and one of their subsidiaries does those magazines with coupons (Mint, Clipper, etc). Local Flavor is basically the merging of the DTD & the mags so you can go to one place for both. They advertise Local Flavor on the front page of those mailed coupon magazines, but I have met no one that ever knew the ad was there. *I just googled and found out that clipper was bought in 2015, so it may not be partnered anymore.

As for restaurant.com, they have become more and more restrictive. Some deals require a purchase of 3x the coupon price (e.g., $10 cert requires a $30 purchase). The number of participants is also low, with a VERY low retention rate (in my area anyhow).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017