Lowe's Mulch (Brown/Black/Red) - $2.00 at Lowe's

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Shop Premium Unit Of Measure Quantity Unit Of Measure Brown Hardwood Mulch at Lowes.com
Disclaimer
Lowe's Mulch (Brown / Black / Red) - $2.00 at Lowe's

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Laid down 25 bags of the red about a month ago, so far so good.

magnafides (Mar. 30, 2017 @ 7:37a) |

Not sure why that's funny.  Garden centers in my area will deliver for free if you order a couple yards of topsoil or mu... (more)

dcwilbur (Mar. 30, 2017 @ 7:52a) |

I bought 15 bags of the brown last summer and its mostly gray now. The color was gone after about a month or two.

skarface (Apr. 05, 2017 @ 6:03p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd better jump on this quick, only 10,721 bags of brown left at my local store!

only 10,720.  I just bought one.

There was only 4499 bags left at my Lowes, they were going quick!

Bought 25 bags with a $15 off $50 coupon I found online to bring this down to $1.40 a bag! Thanks OP.

Shop Miracle-Gro 0.75-cu ft All Purpose Soil at Lowes.com
Disclaimer
You might as well buy this at the same time
Miracle-Gro 0.75-cu ft All Purpose Soil   $2.00 bag     

wtjc said:   You might as well buy this at the same time

no, no you shouldn't. that is worse than dirt. Miracle-gro probably produces some of the worst soil I have ever bought. get ready to sift through it to pull out plastic bags, labels, etc. Mine never ended up being use for the intended location. 

Mulch madness!

I think Home D might be having their sale next week / weekend (Last year I think it started around April 7th or something near there)

My nearby cities give away free mulch from the tree trimmings that they grind up.

Coconut Fiber & Coir are used as mulch in tropical parts, so I knew they work well.

Here we go again!

myisland said:   My nearby cities give away free mulch from the tree trimmings that they grind up.

Check with your city, mine have location where they unload the mulch and you can come with your bucket to get much as you want.

myisland said:   My nearby cities give away free mulch from the tree trimmings that they grind up.
  I got some from my city once, and ended up with a terrible ant infestation.

I went with this mulch last year and it ended up being the worst mulch I'd bought. I went with Red Cedar b/c that's what I've always used. Usually buy it at Wal-Mart or Sutherland's. It's cheap no matter what and always fades and never lasts close to a year but this mulch was the worst. It was faded in less than 2 months. Still there now and it looks like "city mulch," you can barely tell I had some there it's so worn, discolored and dissipated away. Debated going with that "rubber" brand but those are usually $9-$10 and well I can do my whole house for under $30 on sale at this $2, would take prob $200 on the "rubber" kind. Be interesting to see if it fades at all though.

Love the mulch posts, every Spring and summer.

That works out to $36/cubic yard.  You should be able to get topsoil from your local garden center - often delivered - for much less than that and it will probably be better quality.  

dcwilbur said:   

That works out to $36/cubic yard.  You should be able to get topsoil from your local garden center - often delivered - for much less than that and it will probably be better quality. 

LOL on the "often delivered" part of your estimate.

What was the code you used brah?

My city does that also. I got a truckful from them a few years ago. I had an incredibly wide variety of weeds that year.

why can't I get the price to reflect the sales price??

I also had bad experience with Lowe's mulch a couple years ago and decided to stay away from it. Not only its color faded away after 2 months, but it also grew white mold. My garden was more like a hosting ground for mold rather than a soil bed to grow veggies.

Home Depot will have the same promotion starting 3/30: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1561883

megachacker said:   I went with this mulch last year and it ended up being the worst mulch I'd bought. I went with Red Cedar b/c that's what I've always used. Usually buy it at Wal-Mart or Sutherland's. It's cheap no matter what and always fades and never lasts close to a year but this mulch was the worst. It was faded in less than 2 months. Still there now and it looks like "city mulch," you can barely tell I had some there it's so worn, discolored and dissipated away. Debated going with that "rubber" brand but those are usually $9-$10 and well I can do my whole house for under $30 on sale at this $2, would take prob $200 on the "rubber" kind. Be interesting to see if it fades at all though.

Scotts will be on sale soon for $2.50 a bag. That stuff lasts the whole season. They also have a premium grade that usually goes on sale at 3 for $10.

I had almost zero weeds covering my soil with several inches of ground up tree trimmings.

What does the 12 month color guarantee cover? Does Lowes replace/refund the mulch?

skarface2002 said:   What does the 12 month color guarantee cover? Does Lowes replace/refund the mulch?
  does it matter ?for $2 it's not worth my time to refund the mulch . 

Love this mulch. Smells so good.

Thanks in for ten.

Are there any differences in red & black & brown?Just the color is different?

Laid down 25 bags of the red about a month ago, so far so good.

UkeDoggie said:   
dcwilbur said:   

LOL on the "often delivered" part of your estimate.

Not sure why that's funny.  Garden centers in my area will deliver for free if you order a couple yards of topsoil or mulch.  

I bought 15 bags of the brown last summer and its mostly gray now. The color was gone after about a month or two. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017