Laptops $100 Off $300-$649, $250 Off $650+, Desktops $75 Off $200-$399, $150 Off $400+, 30% Off Monitors - AC @ DFC

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Refurbished Off Lease Dell Refurbished Laptops
Disclaimer
Dell Refurbished Computers is offering Laptops $100 Off $300 - $649, $250 Off $650+Desktops $75 Off $200 - $399, $150 Off  $400+ , or 30% Off Monitors  with the coupon codes below. 

• $250 Off Dell Laptops priced $650 & Up (excludes Clearance items) + Free Ground Shipping 

• Coupon Code: SAVE$250LAP
    • Valid 3/31/2017, 9:00 AM CST to 4/03/2017, 11:59 PM CST

• $100 Off Dell Laptops priced $300 - $649 (excludes Clearance items) + Free Ground Shipping 

• Coupon Code: SAVE$100LAP

• $150 Off Dell Desktops priced $400 & Up (excludes Clearance items) + Free Ground Shipping 

• Coupon Code: SAVE$150DESK

• $75 Off Dell Desktops priced $200 - $399 (excl. Clearance items and 7010 models) + Free Ground Shipping 

• Coupon Code: SAVE$75DESK

• 30% Off any Dell Monitor (excludes Clearance items) + Free Ground Shipping 

• Coupon Code: SAVE30MONITOR

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

keep trying to unload those ancient "refurb's" Dęll. Eventually you'll spend more on marketing them than they are worth.

Does Dčll do any donations at all?

Nice detailed post OP.
But unless you are paid by Dell to do so, you pretty much wasted your time, as Dell is known to raise the price 40% and then give 30% discount codes.

dabir said:   Nice detailed post OP.
But unless you are paid by Dell to do so, you pretty much wasted your time, as Dell is known to raise the price 40% and then give 30% discount codes.

Thank you.

I post these sales because there are usually a few gems at least and despite the criticisms, like the one you raise which I've seen many times, there are always multiple orders per sale. Someone is finding value in these sales, in fact some of these sales are our best performing Best Deals each month. I used to doubt the value of these kinds of sales as well, mostly because I don't buy refurbished stuff very often, until I saw the sales numbers with my own eyes. Then I started to really dig into to them and look for the sweet spot between computing power and cost. I was surprised by some of the values. It's not what I need as I built my own computer and like to game, but I've seen quad core i-processors with 8+GB RAM and a copy of Win 7 Pro go for $200-ish. Win 7 Pro itself would cost you nearly half of that new which makes building a comparable computer for less or even the same cost nearly impossible and new pre-built computers of even the most budget nature are still not as cheap or come with their own drawbacks. 

I didn't dig as hard into this sale as some others due to time constraints, but I can almost always find a few good deals if the interest is very cheap non-gaming oriented computing, without regard for currentness of the chips inside.

I can understand that these kind of deals are not for most people, but to attempt to write them off as a whole with "they raise the price 40% and then give 30% Off" just doesn't hold true for all the sales I've seen over the last 3 years. You just gotta mine for the gems if you need a cheap computer, if not, then it probably isn't worth looking through. That being said, like most stores, not every one of their sales is of the same quality and sometimes even a great sale sells out all the worthwhile deals within hours of starting.

This one was just mediocre from the little digging I was able to do, but I have my own ideas about what is worthwhile and judging from some of the orders we see (10-20 computer orders) there must be other perspectives. So I post them just in case my perspective is too limited (deals are in the eye of the beholder).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017