16 GB Huawei Honor 5X 5.5" 1080p 4G LTE Unlocked GSM Android Smartphone + White Flip Cover Case $139.99 at newegg.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

16 GB Huawei Honor 5X 5.5" 1080p 4G LTE Unlocked GSM Android Smartphone + White Flip Cover Case
$139.99
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875863046

Promo Code: EMCRERB22

Free honor 5X Flip Cover Case w/ purchase, limited offer

Member Summary

huawei honor
Thanks Sdeout73
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
worked for me. thanks.

tumikamrs (Apr. 01, 2017 @ 10:36p) |

I do...  I also bought a very slim charging case for the battery.  I might hook that up to a portable power bank.  I don... (more)

riznick (Apr. 02, 2017 @ 12:12a) |

Nice find Wookie. Thanks!

tyguide (Apr. 02, 2017 @ 4:58p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a SOLID Android phone, esp. for the cost.  I own one.  Dual sim cards (I don't need it, but neat feature).  Accepts SD card so no real worries about the 16 gig storage.  Fingerprint sensor works great.

Hasn't exploded yet either!  (not a Samsung)

Evidently this phone DOES NOT have a removable battery - definite deal killer for me.

FMB1 said:   Evidently this phone DOES NOT have a removable battery - definite deal killer for me.
  It's really hard to find a phone with removable battery nowadays. 

what is the exact purpose of the dual sim anyway?
The reason I ask is my son has to carry a work phone 24/7
plus he wants to be able to have his personal phone with him too,
because he cant use the work phone for personal calls etc.
Would the dual sim help this?? TIA

how many people carry a spare battery with them and how many years do you plan to use the phone? it seems to me most people probably get a new phone every 2 years or less nowadays. when the phone carrier change the type of signal from one to the other, the old phones become unusable. i don't think the old flip phone work any more since most of them use 2g and at&t has dropped support for them. it's a shame since some of my candy bar phones only need to be charged once a week.it'd be nice if i can still use them.

I have the Mate9, which I picked up in beijing for about 450$ USD vs about $600 in bestbuy here. The only issue I have is I need to get the phone reset to USA vs PRC. Other than that amazing

cyberpitstop said:   what is the exact purpose of the dual sim anyway?
The reason I ask is my son has to carry a work phone 24/7
plus he wants to be able to have his personal phone with him too,
because he cant use the work phone for personal calls etc.
Would the dual sim help this?? TIA

Your son's situation is exactly what a dual sim phone is for. As long as both of his phones are GSM, on the ATT or T-Mo networks,*not* on Sprnt or Verzon.

Or if you travel internationally and use different carriers for dual sim.

Solid phone. Unlocked and no pre-installed crapware. Used it while on international travel. Battery lasts forever. Huawei has already pushed out Nougat update (i.e. latest Android OS). Only catch is that it does not have an accelerometer which means it is not compatible with stuff like VR headsets.

Very, very nice phone especially at this sale price. Would be PERFECT if it had dual-band wifi and NFC......but then you'd be approaching true flagship status.

Will this work in Ireland with an Irish SIM?

FMB1 said:   Evidently this phone DOES NOT have a removable battery - definite deal killer for me.
  What phones these days have a removable battery that are not very old? Most are pretty easy to replace the internal battery when the cell count gets high.

I read on Amazon that T-Mobile band 12 is disabled, is this right. Big drawback!!

awesome deal

jimmieoneway said:   I read on Amazon that T-Mobile band 12 is disabled, is this right. Big drawback!!

It looks like it may not support T-Mobile Extended Range LTE.

Link 

T-Mobile link. 

May be supported after Android update? 

So, how difficult is it to update the Android level?

This phone is fine until you try to multi-task...more than 2 apps open and it's garbage. Def. sending mine back.

There must be something wrong with yours. I have had mine for several months and i can switch between numerous apps with no problem. If you are trying to run several high end games at the same time then that may be why.

A limitation that I can tolerate for a phone at this price point.

Is this the new "no HDMI" reflexive deal criticism now?

No floppy drive, pass!

snow tires?

worked for me. thanks.

mtien said:   how many people carry a spare battery with them and how many years do you plan to use the phone? it seems to me most people probably get a new phone every 2 years or less nowadays. when the phone carrier change the type of signal from one to the other, the old phones become unusable. i don't think the old flip phone work any more since most of them use 2g and at&t has dropped support for them. it's a shame since some of my candy bar phones only need to be charged once a week.it'd be nice if i can still use them.

I do...  I also bought a very slim charging case for the battery.  I might hook that up to a portable power bank.  I don't need it, but it's very convenient.  Going from 0 charge to 100% without the phone heating up is nice.  I typically use it when I forget to charge my phone all night.  Other places when it comes in useful are when you are traveling or at an amusement park.

For this price, though, I could easily disregard the spare battery feature.  Powerbanks will meet my needs, though not always as nice or convenient.

Nice find Wookie. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017