Craftsman Extreme Grip 3/8-Inch Drive Ratchet + $8.24 in SYW Points $12.99 + FSP at sears.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Craftsman Extreme Grip 3/8-Inch Drive Ratchet + $8.24 in SYW Points
$12.99 + FSP
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-inch-drive-extreme-grip-ratchet/p-00911678000P

• 72 Tooth ratcheting mechanism
  • 5-degree ratcheting arc
  • Quick release mechanium
  • Thumb activated reversal switch
  • Low profile head for tight access
  • Comfort dual-material handle ehances grip and control

Member Summary

ratchet
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

More like Crapsman.

Seriously, though, their tools are just Chinese junk anymore.  And with the company about to go bankrupt, I actually feel safer getting tools from Harbor Freight.

Cyfun said:   More like Crapsman.

Seriously, though, their tools are just Chinese junk anymore.  And with the company about to go bankrupt, I actually feel safer getting tools from Harbor Freight.

Stanley/B&D just bought Craftsman and is saying they're bringing production back to the states. 

I think comparing Craftsman to Harbor Freight is a bit of a reach. I get that people are upset that they stopped making tools in the states but all I own is Craftsman tools and I am always working on four separate family vehicles constantly; never broken one yet. Some of us can't afford $500.00 per wrench from Snap On.

Can ALWAYS use an extra ratchet, outside the one included in the set I carry in each vehicle..

THANKS!

The constant so-so craftsman deals on these deal websites is a little suspicious.

Thanks, had a bit over $9 in points to use up before they expire on Friday.

beezer86 said:   The constant so-so craftsman deals on these deal websites is a little suspicious.
tool conspiracy?

anyone figure out how many SYW points are earned when redeeming SYW points, since they removed this information at checkout?

I redeemed $3 Surprise points and $2 SYWR points and will get back $7.xx in points so it looks like points are partially rollable. I also used a Sears CC to knock 5% off the price which may have affected the SYWR points earned.

Is there any way to find out the points you will earn when you are redeeming points?

i hate deals like this - I always miss out on the "after the fact" points because I forget about them or I just can't find anything to buy

$14.99 with $8.89 in SYW points for me now...

fokatkamaal said:   Is there any way to find out the points you will earn when you are redeeming points?

Sears (in their infinite wisdom) removed that feature.  You can try chatting with a customer service agent.  Chances are they will be clueless, but you might get lucky and get one who knows what you are talking about.  It is POSSIBLE for them to tell you how many points you will receive after taking into account redeemed points and coupons, but most of them probably won't be able to figure out how to do it.

Edit:  Be sure to tell them that you want this feature reinstated!

Looks like it might be time to cash out existing points. They apparently don't realize that they are affecting the customers they have left.

MeerKatKiller said:   I think comparing Craftsman to Harbor Freight is a bit of a reach. I get that people are upset that they stopped making tools in the states but all I own is Craftsman tools and I am always working on four separate family vehicles constantly; never broken one yet. Some of us can't afford $500.00 per wrench from Snap On.
  I have a set of Craftsmen sockets and wrenches that belonged to my grandfather. Over the years, they occasionally break, and I would exchange them at Sears for new ones.  About a decade ago, the quality really started dropping off.  The replacement tools would be of inferior quality, would not fit as well, and would often break more frequently.  I'd get them replaced but it'd be the same crap.

On top of that, many times I've shopped at Harbor Break, but opted to visit Sears to see if they had something of better quality.  But instead I would find an IDENTICAL product at usually twice the price.  So I've been doing most of my shopping at HF, and for the most part, their tools haven't broken much, and are dirt cheap.  I've broken a few sockets, and had them replaced under HF's lifetime hand-tool warranty.  A few of their other tools are utter junk, but I have a HF welder, plasma cutter, bench grinder, vice grips, band saw, air compressor hose, and many other things, and they've stood up to a TON of abuse over the years.  And most of the prices are unbeatable, especially if you hit a sale or use a 25% off coupon.

In any case, it basically boils down to paying more money for basically the same quality tools.  The only real benefit is Craftsman tools don't always need a receipt for replacements, whereas HF does.  But I try to take pics with my phone of every HF receipt, as well as file them away.

Also, there's the little issue of Sears going out of business within the next few years.  Sure, the Craftsman name will get bought up by someone else, but the parts replacement process may change, they may start requiring receipts or some crap.  But either way, HF is probably going to be around LONG after Sears is gone.

tommytom02 said:   
Cyfun said:   More like Crapsman.

Stanley/B&D just bought Craftsman and is saying they're bringing production back to the states. 

That would be nice to hear, if it weren't for the fact that Stanley and Black & Decker make even worse products than Harbor Freight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017