LifeStraw Portable Water Filter Survival Gear $12.50 @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon.com : LifeStraw Personal Water Filter : Camping Water Filters : Sports Outdoors
Disclaimer
Proozy has LifeStraw Personal Water Filter on sale for $12.50 with free shipping using Prime or orders of $49 or more or with an Amazon Prime Membership (free trial HERE) to avoid shipping and handling fees. 

• Filters up to 264 gallons of water
  • Removes 99.9999 percent of waterborne bacteria
  • Removes 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan parasites
  • Reduces turbidity filtering down to 0.2 microns
  • Contains no chemicals and BPA free
  • Uses no iodine or iodized resin
  • Requires no batteries, and has no moving parts
  • Very high flow rate with no after taste
  • Easy to clean and maintain with no shelf life, can be stored indefinitely

Received 4.7/5 stars based on 6,016 customer reviews on product page. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This item is great to have if you are traveling abroad and want to ensure you have clean water. It works great!

How much water does it hold, and how long does it take to purity the water?

At williamkitty. You don't have a wait time. You just simply put the straw directly in the water then you sip on the straw. It's instant.

williamkitty2 said:   How much water does it hold, and how long does it take to purity the water?

It purifies the water as you suck it up. It does not hold water. It's a purity and drink as you go. IMPORTANT. You must blow out the excess water after you drink. Remove it from the water source and blow and blow. This will keep it from clogging. It wil purity about 250 gallons of water. But I'd replace it Long before that point.

good finds. thanks.

This Lifestraw looks awesome. I haven't bought one yet but based on the reviews sounds like something I want to keep around.

This might be nice to add to my zombie apocalypse kit. Does anyone know if it will filter out the Z-virus? I don't want to end up eating any brains.

what's this?

This might be nice to add to my zombie apocalypse kit. Does anyone know if it will filter out the Z-virus? I don't want to end up eating any brains.

Some basics for people new to this technology:

1) It does not filter viruses--zombie, or otherwise. You'll need a more expensive filter system. It's a non-issue here in US, but abroad is a different story.

2) It is slow. Drinking water like this takes time.

3) You can buy any number of higher volume, faster filter systems--but you'll pay for it. This is great for adding to a bug out bag/72-hour kit, but drinking directly from a stream with this is awkward. Hikers will be much happier with a higher volume system.

frett said:   Some basics for people new to this technology:

1) It does not filter viruses--zombie, or otherwise. You'll need a more expensive filter system. It's a non-issue here in US, but abroad is a different story.

3) You can buy any number of higher volume, faster filter systems--but you'll pay for it. This is great for adding to a bug out bag/72-hour kit, but drinking directly from a stream with this is awkward. Hikers will be much happier with a higher volume system.

thanks

Need to be a sucker to use this.  LOL

It's not practical.  Camel pack is a better choice.

WorkerAnt said:   

Need to be a sucker to use this.  LOL

It's not practical.  Camel pack is a better choice.

How does the Camel filter? that would be cool if they have that option

^ no it wouldn't be cool. I want light weight and functional. No carrying dead weight around.

I like this method the most for getting clean water. http://survivor-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/solar-st...

I always wondered why the people on Naked and Afraid didn't take something like this to purify water.  Half of them get sick and/or dehydrated the first few days.  

This is good for outside traveling! Must got 1.

cyfan said:   I always wondered why the people on Naked and Afraid didn't take something like this to purify water.  Half of them get sick and/or dehydrated the first few days.  

So having something like this magically make you hydrated and not afraid?  You would still be dehydrated having this in the middle of the desert.  LOL

Simply put, need to be prepared for your journey.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017