• filter:
This deal has expired.

Panasonic KX-TGE233B Expandable Cordless Digital Phone with Large Keypad - 3 Handsets $49.99 at amazon.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Panasonic KX-TGE233B Expandable Cordless Digital Phone with Large Keypad - 3 Handsets
$49.99
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TGE233B-Expandable-Cordless-Digital/dp/B00ISKW56Q 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Typically, if the description states "Item will come in original packaging", then the damage, if any, is to the packagin... (more)

ocean935 (Apr. 07, 2017 @ 3:03a) |

Thanks. Someone bought that one. Probably because of my post.   Only one now says repackaged.

Slickone (Apr. 07, 2017 @ 9:15a) |

There are plenty of other Panasonic models available from Warehouse, including 4- and 2-handset versions of this one.

ocean935 (Apr. 07, 2017 @ 4:17p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
love um. Very nice, good large writing on screen and seemed very easy to program. Still got a couple of bitsy things to figure out but really love it. Had a Panasonic phone before then went to a different brand phone and was very unhappy with it so came back to Panasonic. It's great!

rated:
Couple of comments:

1. Same item @ Amazon Warehouse for $37.49 listed as "Used-Very Good" which they define as:

Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. Small (less than 1/4" x 1/4") cosmetic imperfection on front of item. Small (less than 1/4" x 1/4") cosmetic imperfection on top of item. Small scratches on sides of item (up to 1/2 in.). Small scratches on back of item (up to 1/2 in.).

Warehouse has never let me down and you'd have the same scratches on a new phone within a couple of weeks anyway....

2. If you need to expand your system with additional handsets, I see those go for about $33. Makes better sense to get a second full set and have 6 handsets. Save even more if you can get the second set from Warehouse also. You will only have 5 charging bases but as soon as you lose a phone in the couch you're all set.

rated:
Been a while since I've seen one of these around, although my generation probably has never owned a landline...

rated:
keaton85 said:   Been a while since I've seen one of these around, although my generation probably has never owned a landline...
  No Link2Cell. No buy.

rated:
I own a 5-year old Panasonic 4-handset system and it still works like new. I would like to buy this one to replace it since the newer model has call blocking (250 #'s) built-in, but the method to block a number is insane compared to my old Digitone Call Blocker. The older Digitone blocks 80 numbers by double-tapping the block button, but it's almost full.

I don't see how a cell phone can substitute a landline. You would have to run up and down a flight of steps unless everyone in the household has one strapped to their body. They always need charging and are prone to damage and theft. Not to mention dropped calls, interference and inferior call quality. 

rated:
blueribb said:   I don't see how a cell phone can substitute a landline. You would have to run up and down a flight of steps unless everyone in the household has one strapped to their body. They always need charging and are prone to damage and theft. Not to mention dropped calls, interference and inferior call quality. 
  Never had that experience. I guess everyone I know has a cell and if they get a call its for them, hardly ever see a landline anywhere at friends and family. A cordless phone also needs charging...

Hardly ever have dropped calls, interference? or poor call quality. Also theft has never been a concern for me as you can brick a cell phone in about 5 mins, so people have to be pretty dumb to go after a cell these days. Or you could get a flip phone and never have to worry about theft haha!

rated:
blueribb said:   I own a 5-year old Panasonic 4-handset system and it still works like new. I would like to buy this one to replace it since the newer model has call blocking (250 #'s) built-in, but the method to block a number is insane compared to my old Digitone Call Blocker. The older Digitone blocks 80 numbers by double-tapping the block button, but it's almost full.

I don't see how a cell phone can substitute a landline. You would have to run up and down a flight of steps unless everyone in the household has one strapped to their body. They always need charging and are prone to damage and theft. Not to mention dropped calls, interference and inferior call quality. 

running up and down stairs? have u noticed people in 2017? about 99% of them have their phones in hand about 95% of the time.  also, missing a call is actually good, since you can respond to 95% of them with a brief text.  that's a good way of avoiding 10+ mins of "blah, blah, blah."

my cell has long battery life, much longer than what I've ever gotten out of a cordless landline.

damage: buy a cover? pay your monthly bill with a CC that provides free cell insurance?

theft: don't leave it in public? pay your monthly bill with a CC that provides free cell insurance?

dropped calls: rare

interference: pretty rare.  actually seems more common with cordless landlines

inferior call quality: maybe if you've got a piece-of-shit dumb cell from 5+ years ago or a terrible cell provider....otherwise, not a problem

rated:
blueribb said:   I own a 5-year old Panasonic 4-handset system and it still works like new. I would like to buy this one to replace it since the newer model has call blocking (250 #'s) built-in, but the method to block a number is insane compared to my old Digitone Call Blocker. The older Digitone blocks 80 numbers by double-tapping the block button, but it's almost full.

why do u need to block any number? just go to donotcall.gov. do a quick file, they will stop calling u instantly. if they call u again, u can earn up to $3500 per call.

rated:
microkelvin said:   

why do u need to block any number? just go to donotcall.gov. do a quick file, they will stop calling u instantly. if they call u again, u can earn up to $3500 per call.

That's the way it should work but it doesn't

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/best-ways-turn-tables-telemarkete...

rated:
keaton85 said:   Been a while since I've seen one of these around, although my generation probably has never owned a landline...
  They can be used on voip

rated:
Should I assume the buttons lightup?

rated:
While this is Verizon cell service  $15 a month unlimited calls, no text though,
it works great with the cordless phones

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Huawei-H258C-Wireless-H...

rated:
  may be

rated:
Thanks. Needed a replacement for a really old panasonic. Hope these last as long as my old one.

rated:
I am really impressed with this product.Thanks.

rated:
Does this system allow for call waiting caller ID so I can see who's calling if I'm on the phone?

rated:
taylorlily2 said:   Does this system allow for call waiting caller ID so I can see who's calling if I'm on the phone?
  If you subscribe to both Caller ID and CallWaiting with Caller ID services,the 2ndcaller’s information is displayed on thehandset that is in use after you hear the callwaiting tone.

rated:
Arrggg. Missed it. I hate these one day sales. I wish I knew it was one.
blueribb said:   I don't see how a cell phone can substitute a landline. You would have to run up and down a flight of steps unless everyone in the household has one strapped to their body. They always need charging and are prone to damage and theft. Not to mention dropped calls, interference and inferior call quality. 
  I agree. I can't stand seeing people carry their cell phone around everywhere now, and I certainly don't want to do so myself. Even some cashiers now (ie. Dollar General in my experience) often have them in their hand.
Multiple handsets and simple charging bases FTW.

rated:
mpd671 said:   Couple of comments:

1. Same item @ Amazon Warehouse for $37.49 listed as "Used-Very Good" which they define as:

Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. Small (less than 1/4" x 1/4") cosmetic imperfection on front of item. Small (less than 1/4" x 1/4") cosmetic imperfection on top of item. Small scratches on sides of item (up to 1/2 in.). Small scratches on back of item (up to 1/2 in.).

Warehouse has never let me down and you'd have the same scratches on a new phone within a couple of weeks anyway....

2. If you need to expand your system with additional handsets, I see those go for about $33. Makes better sense to get a second full set and have 6 handsets. Save even more if you can get the second set from Warehouse also. You will only have 5 charging bases but as soon as you lose a phone in the couch you're all set.

How specific are these damage details to the actual item? Too bad they don't show pics. The one now says:
Item has minor cosmetic damage on bottom or back. Lid has minor cosmetic damage. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.
What is the "lid"?

rated:
Typically, if the description states "Item will come in original packaging", then the damage, if any, is to the packaging. The item itself will be flawless.

rated:
Thanks. Someone bought that one. Probably because of my post.   Only one now says repackaged.

rated:
There are plenty of other Panasonic models available from Warehouse, including 4- and 2-handset versions of this one.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017