Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

sandisk
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any thoughts on this drive, seems like good price.

Have used the smaller capacity (32 GB) for years, no problems. Ideal leave-in storage upgrade for laptops/tablets with tiny drives.

I have two of these drives (128 GB version) and would not recommend them at all.

As seen in all the Amazon reviews, the drive gets tremendously hot (>130F), which not only makes it painful/dangerous to touch, but also causes it to quickly slow down and periodically disconnect from the PC entirely (which is not fun in the middle of a file transfer). In a USB 3.0 port, this drive also seems to produce a lot of 2.4 GHz interference (causing issues with 2.4 Ghz WiFi and wireless mice/keyboards/gamepads).

If it actually worked properly, the compact size would've made it great for leave-in storage.

Based on the Amazon reviews it definitely seems like the FW "Hot" tag is appropriate here.....

Also had one of these, you can't write more than about 1gb of data to it at once without it overheating and disconnecting itself, at least on my laptop.

Would NOT recommend.

klocwerk said:   Also had one of these, you can't write more than about 1gb of data to it at once without it overheating and disconnecting itself, at least on my laptop.

Would NOT recommend.

So many negative reviews of the drive mentioning overheating in this thread, and yet the Amazon reviews give it 4/5 stars from over 3000 reviews.  What's up with that?

I have one of these. I loaded it up full of mp3 files, and leave it plugged into the stereo in my truck. It works great for this purpose, and I have not noticed it getting hot. That being said, it has excellent ventilation in the spot that I keep it in.

I have on these too and it's great for backing up pictures and stuff locally

Got a 128gb for my switch, thanks.

I see some others here, in for a 64GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive at $14.29.

This little drive is massive in size and blazing fast, but I think my favorite part has to be the low profile design.

From what I've read small size transfers & short usage times work great.

But larger files & longer usage times make it very hot & corrupts files.

SanDisk is very hot now...

SanDisk is very hot now...

They overheat easily.  Sequential read speed only about 100mb/s and not the 500+mb/s you would expect from USB 3.0 devices.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017