Sam's Club Members: Philips Hue LightStrip for $26.88 at Sam's Club

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Philips Hue LightStrip Gen 1 - Sam s Club
Disclaimer
Sam's Club has (for Sam's Club members), Philips Hue LightStrip (Gen 1) for $26.88. Shipping is free. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Only 6 feet? For $27? That's quite a premium just to control it with your phone...

30 feet for $15 bucks:
www.ebay.com/itm/10M-RGB-5050-Waterproof-LED-Strip/142300753142

Decent deal for apple / ios / homekit folks but I don't buy any gen 1 (or 2) stuff anymore but their quality and the array of apps and API  is unmatched by any other "smart" light.

Good deal. I bought two of the gen 1 lightstrips from Sears for around $35 on clearance a couple months back.

Dotbody said:   Only 6 feet? For $27? That's quite a premium just to control it with your phone...

30 feet for $15 bucks:
www.ebay.com/itm/10M-RGB-5050-Waterproof-LED-Strip/142300753142

Thanks for share. This is much cheaper. I like it.

Do I also need a Hue Bridge to run this light?

I know some will say not worth it unless gen 2, etc. But is this not a great deal for an older product?

Thanks for s haring.

The 2nd Gen are MUCH brighter and you can connect them together, but for the price and where you don't necessarily need the brightness they are good. Good luck with the ones on Fleabay or no-name ones on Amazon. I had nothing but headache with strips that would come with one or two lights that didn't work, adhesive that didn't stick well and colors not lining up when connecting together.

While I agree, I'll note (as I've been looking into this, and already have Hue and other LED strips) that this is simply RGB, not RGBWW (meaning, essentially, no true warm white). If you're going for color, go with the RGB. But for general lighting, you may want to get strips that have RGBW or RGBWW. I haven't yet found a 30ft RGBWW that's waterproof.

Thanks for pointing that out. order this then op suggested. ~33 ft for $15. best deal ever

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017