Ridgid 3 Gallon 3.5 HP Portable Pro Wet Dry Vac $35 Homedepot

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Solid Vac if you're looking for something very portable. I had previously bought the Stanley WalMart 3 HP shop vac and returned it. The Ridgid is far better - more power, better hose, and overall better quality - well worth the $10 - $15 extra.

Tons of reviews - mostly very highly rated. One common complaint is that the unit is top heavy and can fall over easily...this doesn't bother me as 90% of the time I am carrying the unit in 1 hand while using. 

For $35 I think this is a great buy.http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-3-Gal-3-5-Peak-HP-Portable-Pro...

Member Summary

Ridgid 3 Gallon 3.5 HP Portable Pro Wet Dry Vac
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How do these small vacs compare in performance to the large rolling ones? I have a big Sears shop vac that I would like to get rid of as it's cumbersome and takes up a ton of space.

Wow...shop vacs have really gone up in price.

Exactly my point, i to bought the 8g craftsman, does excellent job[more than 2 yrs, mostly dry use and in garage]. Now i started to think again.

Bought the smaller porter cable from costco when it was on sale month back. Did little research before i bought this. My main main complaint is 1 1/4" hose. What i found was it does not take in big leaves or pieces of wood. The craftsman 99.99% of time picked up everything [for my needs]. more width[hose] more space for slightly larger objects. Ok, i have a oak tree and during the fall thru winter leaves[they can be upto 5-6 in] are right in front of my door and garage, very easy with the 1 7/8" hose from craftsman then the porter cable which is 1 1/4" hose.

Bottom line for those looking smaller VC i would say 1 7/8" hose is a life saver. Power and capacity also need to be considered.

I might try this too.

If you're looking for a low-cost small shop vac and are near a Kmart store, you might be able to buy a clearance Craftsman Evolv 5 gallon one for cheap. Currently $12.82, down from "regular" $45, plus (if you're a SYW member) 50% in SYWR points back ($6.53)!   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1563367 

I snagged one a couple days ago and it's pretty nice, for what it is. Good suction. The included 1-1/4" hose is pretty stiff, but it has 2-1/2" ports. It even has little casters, which are precious.
The Rigid one is probably nicer, and looks to have a better filter design too.

Excellent, thanks.

OOS online and in store.  Thx anyways.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017