• filter:

staples for the week of 4/16/17: $0.01AR ream paper(sun-tues only) $0.01ACR (wed-sat)

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
during the week of 4/16, per ad, sun-tues only, Staples will have the Staples ® Multipurpose Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 500/Ream (513099-WH) for $0.01 after easy rebate, no coupon needed.

link from weekly ad 

minor note that the stores willbe probably opening at noon on sunday.

other items might be listed later in the thread. Thank you for reading.

minor update to include that for wed-sat, there is a coupon that still has the paper $0.01ACR with coupon code 25476 and rebate offer 17-11313
Purchase a Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 5 Ream Case (SKU 1147484) at Staples Stores between 04/16/17 and 04/22/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebate per name/address/household.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does Staples still need one to buy cartridges to recycle?

vickh (Apr. 23, 2017 @ 12:30p) |

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Apr. 23, 2017 @ 12:33p) |

Just as an update...I received my rebate(s) today and I got four separate cards despite submitting them all at the same ... (more)

Noahbody123 (May. 18, 2017 @ 11:06a) |

rebate related
instore
17-11382, $31 said: Purchase a Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 10 Ream Case (SKU 513096) at Staples stores between 04/16/17 and 04/22/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.
17-11307, $7.98 said: Purchase a Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper Ream (SKU 513099) at Staples stores between 04/16/17 and 04/18/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.

17-11312, $39 said: Purchase Domtar EarthChoice Office Paper 8.5 x 11 Inch Case (SKU 674747) at Staples.com or Staples catalog between 04/16/17 and 04/22/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 2 rebates per name/address/household.
17-11306, $41 said: Purchase Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 10 Ream Case (SKU 513096) at Staples.com or Staples catalog between 04/16/17 and 04/22/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 2 rebates per name/address/household.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Should be MM using this week's coupon on Sun/Mon.  YMMV.

rated:
rewards should print out in time as well.
While cashier may allow 4 reams (per household limit for rebates) deal will likely be discounted with last week's cpn in a single order once only or spread over all 4.

rated:
REWARDS ARE UP

rated:
this week's code: 57365

it is worth $2.99 off

coming up next week is a rebate that, alone, makes the paper 1 cent.

This will be good.

I have a 10 off 30 (exp 5/13) and that 15% off that ends Sat.

on that 15% off that ends saturday, has anyone had luck recently with using it on the next day after expiration?

rated:
Is it true the system will only accept 1 ream coupon per transaction now? Someone said that was happening this week.

rated:
do we use this week's coupon for sunday buying?

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Should be MM using this week's coupon on Sun/Mon.  YMMV.

wow a Staples MM deal after a while...

rated:
Danzilla said:   Is it true the system will only accept 1 ream coupon per transaction now? Someone said that was happening this week.
  that happened this week with my paper purchase. whether this will continue remains to be seen.

rated:
Very nice to see Staples running the penny reams every week again. I was afraid that was a thing of the past, hopefully it hangs on.

rated:
are rebates cash/paypal or Staples credit?

rated:
As always, they are Visa prepaid debit

rated:
brusbrother said:   
Danzilla said:   Is it true the system will only accept 1 ream coupon per transaction now? Someone said that was happening this week.
  that happened this week with my paper purchase. whether this will continue remains to be seen.

Ran into this same situation for the first time.  Last week the POS system took ALL four coupons in a single transaction, this week it applied the first coupon across the 4 reams and would NOT accept the remaining three coupons.  Had to do 4 separate transactions.  Not a big deal except I had to do 4 separate rebates and instead of getting one VISA rebate card for $20, I will be getting 4 cards for $5 each.  This is also going to make it harder to monetize rewards. Hope they have some case of paper deals soon!

rated:
Lumpy05 said:   
brusbrother said:   

Ran into this same situation for the first time.  Last week the POS system took ALL four coupons in a single transaction, this week it applied the first coupon across the 4 reams and would NOT accept the remaining three coupons.  Had to do 4 separate transactions.  Not a big deal except I had to do 4 separate rebates and instead of getting one VISA rebate card for $20, I will be getting 4 cards for $5 each.  This is also going to make it harder to monetize rewards. Hope they have some case of paper deals soon!

It is a big deal if you want to use up $40 in rewards, and you have only 2 transactions to do it.

rated:
Lumpy05 said:   
Not a big deal except I had to do 4 separate rebates and instead of getting one VISA rebate card for $20, I will be getting 4 cards for $5 each.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1563303?showmessage=1...

rated:
nice deal. thank op

rated:
Please check me. Is this the correct way to do this deal?

$31.96 ($7.99*4)
-$11.92 (2.98*4 coupon 57365)
--------------
$20.04 total
-$10.00 (my rewards)
-------------
=$10.04 OOP
+$31.92 SER ($7.98*4 SER)
------------------
$21.88 MM ? Is that the correct math?

rated:
That may/may not work. 
If the register will not accept 4 of the same coupon in one transaction you'll have to do as follows:
Buy one ream, use $2.98 coupon and $10 Rewards. Receive $4.99 balance coupon.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 2nd ream, use $2.98 coupon and $4.99 Reward balance coupon.  Pay 2¢ oop.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 3rd ream, use $2.98 coupon.  Pay $5.01 + tax.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 4th ream, use $2.98 coupon.  Pay $5.01 + tax.  Submit for rebate.

According to LorenW, if you submit for all 4 rebates on the same date you'll receive just one Visa rebate card.

rated:
Is this the week for electronics recycle at Staples?  I forget...

rated:

rated:
VivYip said:   minor note that the stores willbe probably opening at noon on sunday.

Stores in my area are closed whole of Sunday. Check you local store hours for sunday before heading out.

rated:
I had an interesting situation on Monday. I was issued a cash card for my reward remaining balance instead of a printed coupon code. The downside of this is whatever amount paid by the cash card is still taxed. Has anyone seen this? Is this new?

rated:
unnamedone said:   I had an interesting situation on Monday. I was issued a cash card for my reward remaining balance instead of a printed coupon code. The downside of this is whatever amount paid by the cash card is still taxed. Has anyone seen this? Is this new?
  Not new. And correct. You have a cash card that was "purchased" with pre-tax dollars. So you owe tax when you buy something

rated:
ellory said:   
unnamedone said:   I had an interesting situation on Monday. I was issued a cash card for my reward remaining balance instead of a printed coupon code. The downside of this is whatever amount paid by the cash card is still taxed. Has anyone seen this? Is this new?
  Not new. And correct. You have a cash card that was "purchased" with pre-tax dollars. So you owe tax when you buy something

Do I understand this correctly???  Previously, rewards were applied as a coupon and decreased the purchase total BEFORE taxes were calculated.  You only paid tax on the final amount NOT on the full pre-rewards purchase total.  If the rewards "balance" is now going to be given as a cash card, it will not reduce the purchase total BEFORE tax is calculated reducing the effective buying power of the balance reward by your state's tax rate. 

rated:
No. The poster had a one time issue. The store resolved it by issuing a store card.

rated:
ellory said:   

However, use of a cash card 'counts' towards earning new rewards and your annual spend, whereas a balance coupon does not.

rated:
Hmmm, no individual reams on their coupon page and shows $7.99 minus $0.40 for in-store pickup for me. Anybody actually seeing this rebate for this week?

Edit: NVM, the link brings you to a landing page that has the deal, even searching the item number won't find it. Safari's adblock software messes with FW links and it's rough to whitelist them.

rated:
Off topic, but I was able to sell 30 cases of paper yesterday at $15 a case. I will use the $450 to help buy a Samsung smart TV that I am in the market to soon buy. I am down to the equivalent of only about 23 more cases left. My garage is looking a lot less cluttered now.

rated:
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LOCAL STORE. SOME ARE CLOSED FOR EASTER SUNDAY, so don't head out today until you verify store hours.

Store Hours

Easter Sunday 4/16/17 - Closed    http://storelocator.staples.com/ 

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Off topic, but I was able to sell 30 cases of paper yesterday at $15 a case. I will use the $450 to help buy a Samsung smart TV that I am in the market to soon buy. I am down to the equivalent of only about 23 more cases left. My garage is looking a lot less cluttered now.

curious Mr.V, how did you sell it (advertised, garage sale?) and was it all to one buyer, guess they came with a truck to get it!

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   Off topic, but I was able to sell 30 cases of paper yesterday at $15 a case. I will use the $450 to help buy a Samsung smart TV that I am in the market to soon buy. I am down to the equivalent of only about 23 more cases left. My garage is looking a lot less cluttered now.

curious Mr.V, how did you sell it (advertised, garage sale?) and was it all to one buyer, guess they came with a truck to get it!

I sold all 30 cases to one buyer. I advertised by word of Mouth only. My wife is a seamstress and I sold the paper to the sister of one of my wife's customers. Her sister has a business. She said she recently bought 20 cases for $20 a case from someone else and really didn't need the paper so I had to make the price more attractive. She has a minivan and took out the back seat and I was able to fit in 20 cases. She will come back in a few days to get the last 10 cases. She paid in advance in cash. I didn't mind selling for only $15 a case because I paid very little for the paper and in many cases it was even a MM when I bought the cases.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   Off topic, but I was able to sell 30 cases of paper yesterday at $15 a case. I will use the $450 to help buy a Samsung smart TV that I am in the market to soon buy. I am down to the equivalent of only about 23 more cases left. My garage is looking a lot less cluttered now.

I sold all 30 cases to one buyer. I advertised by word of Mouth only. My wife is a seamstress and I sold the paper to the sister of one of my wife's customers. Her sister has a business. She said she recently bought 20 cases for $20 a case from someone else and really didn't need the paper so I had to make the price more attractive. She has a minivan and took out the back seat and I was able to fit in 20 cases. She will come back in a few days to get the last 10 cases. She paid in advance in cash. I didn't mind selling for only $15 a case because I paid very little for the paper and in many cases it was even a MM when I bought the cases.

given anyone can get the $15 aer case price on a fairly regular basis, I'd say $15 was very fair to sell it for (no sales tax perk of that price out the door)

rated:
Sunday reams were $7.99 with a $7.98 rebate
I did use last weeks $2.98 off coupon and it went on all 4 reams at 75, 75, 75, and 73 cents off
A second coupon would not scan, I could have used it on 4 separate transactions like Saturday, but I had a $40 Reward to use, so yes the coupon is in the system to use only once per transaction, just like last week..
Still a money maker by using the one coupon on 4 reams.

rated:
Worked for me, 4 transactions of 1 each. I felt sorry for the poor cashier but he handled it with good grace, glad I sometimes tip those guys 😉. What a bummer if this is going to be the only way to buy paper going forward.

I paid cash on these reams, and "recycled" a gadget that was going to Goodwill anyway. With the $10 off $30 was able to stock up on some items on clearance that were already half off. (Clearance is considered "regular price" not on sale to the system, so these types of coupons work).

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Should be MM using this week's coupon on Sun/Mon.  YMMV.
  last week's coupon link? 

rated:
vickh said:   
  last week's coupon link? 

no link on SPLS site

check last week's thread and maybe they have it attached to a post

the code number is in a post above

rated:
Went for 4x in 1 transaction like I always do.

the register would only take the 1 coupon. it was the register, too. I watched what was being entered.

for the first time, I had to do 4 separate transactions.

I hope this is not an omen for future MM rebates.... not trying to say it will happen, I'm just hoping it doesn't.

rated:
MsMorrisine said:   Went for 4x in 1 transaction like I always do.

the register would only take the 1 coupon. it was the register, too. I watched what was being entered.

for the first time, I had to do 4 separate transactions.

I hope this is not an omen for future MM rebates.... not trying to say it will happen, I'm just hoping it doesn't.

encountered the same thing here in PA, a total PITA. 

1) Can't cash out rewards easily since you only get one balance coupon.

2) If they let you buy 4, you have to enter 4 rebates ONE AT A TIME, and get back 4 rebate Visa Cards..3) This will really hurt

rated:
MsMorrisine said:   
vickh said:   
  last week's coupon link? 

no link on SPLS site

check last week's thread and maybe they have it attached to a post

the code number is in a post above

https://static-forums.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/595472_st...

Anyone care to put 4 on a page,  without expiration date??

Skipping 27 Messages...
rated:
my4mainecoons said:   That may/may not work. 
If the register will not accept 4 of the same coupon in one transaction you'll have to do as follows:
Buy one ream, use $2.98 coupon and $10 Rewards. Receive $4.99 balance coupon.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 2nd ream, use $2.98 coupon and $4.99 Reward balance coupon.  Pay 2¢ oop.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 3rd ream, use $2.98 coupon.  Pay $5.01 + tax.  Submit for rebate.
Buy 4th ream, use $2.98 coupon.  Pay $5.01 + tax.  Submit for rebate.

According to LorenW, if you submit for all 4 rebates on the same date you'll receive just one Visa rebate card.

Just as an update...I received my rebate(s) today and I got four separate cards despite submitting them all at the same time.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017