Scotch Multi-Purpose Scissor, 8-Inches Add-on Item $1.09 @Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has Scotch Multi-Purpose Scissor, 8-Inches Add-on Item on sale for $1.09.
Free shipping on orders over $35.
https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-1428-Multi-Purpose-Scissor-8-Inche...

Member Summary

scissor
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can i use this on fabric ?

minorjhwsd said:   Can i use this on fabric ?

No. You need a chainsaw for that. Better get a professional one, with a 36" bar.

Facepalm...

They say multi purpose, but I wouldn't use them for any real sewing project.  For once in a while, sure or maybe small craft projects.  For that price, get a few pairs and designate one for crafts, they won't cut paper as well after you use them on fabric.

canoeguy1 said:   

No. You need a chainsaw for that. Better get a professional one, with a 36" bar.

Facepalm...

Why answer if you don't know what the question is about?

@minor: yes, you can. But heavier ones are more suited. Try this one

ocean935 said:   
canoeguy1 said:   

Facepalm...

Why answer if you don't know what the question is about?

@minor: yes, you can. But heavier ones are more suited. Try this one

Ahem.
Can you tell me which scissor CAN'T cut fabric? I can cut fabric with the little scissors on my mini-jacknife.

BTW: He didn't say leather, he said fabric. The stuff T-shirts and linens are made of. Of course, you can argue that some types of HEAVY fabric (jeans-type material) may need heavier, specialized scissors, but that wasn't the question that was asked. You're just guessing that's what he meant.

Idiot can't be cured!

To actually answer the question: Most of the reviews that mention fabric or cloth say they do OK on lighter-weight stuff (by the way, tight knits like T-shirt jersey are actually pretty tough to cut). These seem to be a cut above (eh, so to speak) Dollar Tree scissors and I can cut many fabrics just fine with those until they get dull, which happens quick but then I just toss them and get another pair.

Third party sellers only, they sold out.. No pricing displayed

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017