Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS Navigator System w/ Voice Directions, Lifetime Maps - $79.99 FS @ Amazon - DotD

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

nuvi57LM
Disclaimer
For one day only, Amazon has the Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS Navigator System w/ Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Lifetime Map Updates, Direct Access, and Speed Limit Displays  on sale for $79.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This is $9.99 lower than Amazon's previous lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel

• Foursquare - Search millions of additional new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
  • Garmin Real Directions - Garmin Real Directions guides like a friend using landmarks and traffic lights
  • Direct Access - Simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like malls and airports
  • Backup Camera Compatible - Take the worry out of reversing with the BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately)
  • Free lifetime Map updates

Rated 4.3/5 stars with 1,466 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $99.99 from PC Richard & Son.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How does this get the map updates? Do you connect a cable (if so, which one) to your PC? Does it go through wi-fi for it?

ablang said:   How does this get the map updates? Do you connect a cable (if so, which one) to your PC? Does it go through wi-fi for it?
  via USB cable

N41. Now the wife can stop complaining about her 4.3" Garmin and I can keep my 5" Garmin in MY car where it belongs.

Unless I decide I need the new one. Either way, one less irritant to endure.

zeroinverse said:   
ablang said:   How does this get the map updates? Do you connect a cable (if so, which one) to your PC? Does it go through wi-fi for it?
  via USB cable

Updated mine yesterday, pretty painless

updating the POI really helps  (points of interest)    This is part of the map

I have owned a Nuvi 200...failed...replaced it with Nuvi 750...failed...replaced with Nuvi 455T....would not connect with USB to computer...battery dead....wrote a letter to the CEO...sent him the last failed unit...asked him if I should buy a fourth Nuvi? He sent my unit back and told me to buy a new unit.
I have had two Mac computers since 2000, my 17 year old iMac works today as does this Mac....yet Garmin cannot make a unit that lasts...
I would not suggest anyone buy their crap.

belgique said:   I have owned a Nuvi 200...failed...replaced it with Nuvi 750...failed...replaced with Nuvi 455T....would not connect with USB to computer...battery dead....wrote a letter to the CEO...sent him the last failed unit...asked him if I should buy a fourth Nuvi? He sent my unit back and told me to buy a new unit.
I have had two Mac computers since 2000, my 17 year old iMac works today as does this Mac....yet Garmin cannot make a unit that lasts...

I have nuvi's 205/775/2595/2599 and have had 0 problems with any of them....you must have horrible luck with em. 

The new ones update via WiFi.  Not this one though.
Check Garmin's website.

dniksich said:   
belgique said:   I have owned a Nuvi 200...failed...replaced it with Nuvi 750...failed...replaced with Nuvi 455T....would not connect with USB to computer...battery dead....wrote a letter to the CEO...sent him the last failed unit...asked him if I should buy a fourth Nuvi? He sent my unit back and told me to buy a new unit.

I have nuvi's 205/775/2595/2599 and have had 0 problems with any of them....you must have horrible luck with em. 

Same here. User is doing something wrong, or as you say, bad luck.

Who uses these anymore? Unless you are still rocking a flip phone?

You can't really beat Waze these days.

Good fins. thanks.

Thanks for that!

So how much (in the way of maps) can this thing update to? Can you ever fill it up to the max?

Thanks OP!

keaton85 said:   Who uses these anymore? Unless you are still rocking a flip phone?

You can't really beat Waze these days.

Good question. I too find myself using Google Maps on my phone 99% of the time, but there are occasions, especially on long trips when you need to talk and drive, where a dedicated GPS is Handy. As I often don't have time to prepare and pre-cache maps before a trip, it's also nice knowing that you can find your way out of rural America where cell signals may not be reliable with fully loaded maps. While not strong use cases, I paid the $79 insurance to have this in the car as a backup.

whopping $16 cheaper than previous price going back to January. no need for these if you have a smartphone and are halfway savvy with smartphones.

offline navigation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&...

Thank God the smart people finally arrived to let us dummies know that you could use your smart phone for navigation.
It's totally like I would have no clue without their expert guidance.
It's not at all like I could possibly have a different preference of using my technology or anything like that.  

sidewinder33625 said:   whopping $16 cheaper than previous price going back to January. no need for these if you have a smartphone and are halfway savvy with smartphones.

offline navigation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en

No need for a smartphone, I have a gps.

Navigation...online.

Does it retain a history or address book? Will it record the route taken so that you can always take your preferred route?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017