7-Watt Amorphous Solar Power 12-Volt Battery Charger for $18.97 @ Home Depot w/ Free Shipping

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Competition Solar 7-Watt Amorphous Solar Power 12-Volt Battery Charger-41007 - The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Home Depot has 7-Watt Amorphous Solar Power 12-Volt Battery Charger for $18.97, today only.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Competition-Solar-7-Watt-Amorphous-Solar-Power-12-Volt-Battery-Charger-41007/203930319  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice, thanks!

OOS......

Currently showing OOS online for me

Seems strange - but is now available again.
In for 2 - thanks!

jteam said:   Seems strange - but is now available again.
In for 2 - thanks!

what do u use it for. and how do u know its working properly?

microkelvin said:   
In for 2 - thanks!

Exactly.  I'm trying to understand the primary envisioned (and realistic) use cases here.  Anyone? Bueller? ...Bueller?  

is it still available?

spoonyg said:   
microkelvin said:   
In for 2 - thanks!

Exactly.  I'm trying to understand the primary envisioned (and realistic) use cases here.  Anyone? Bueller? ...Bueller?  

If you have something in a remote location that's powered by 12v (like a pump or something), this could keep the battery topped off forever.

Would this work if I have a car I rarely use..would this keep the battery charged?

I intend to keep my camper batteries topped up while its parked in the back yard.

Thanks. Ordered two shipping to my house. will use one for Boat, one for car in storage.

The panel is rated at 7 watts, on a good day you might get 5 out of it for a couple of hours.
Too small to be of any use.....

4/5 stars on Amazon, based on 20 reviews, where it is currently selling for $37.61. CCC price history tells me HD price is definitely a hot deal for this item.

Based on customer feedback, there may be a risk of overcharging, and also the advertised "built-in blocking diode" may not exist.

If you are using a panel like this long term for storage, get a cheap solar charge controller on Amazon! Over time these units tend to overcharge batteries, even though they are extremely low output. Plus alot of the $20 dollar controllers have a built in volt meter, which is very Handy.

Realistically anything I store over the winter gets a real plug in the wall charger hook up to it. Every time you leave your battery for extended periods of time it degrades it due to sulphation on the plate.

Home Improvement (and Wholesale Clubs) is the 5% category for Discover cards this quarter.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017