• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

pic (197.35kB)
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Premium Hardwood Mulch (Red, Brown or Black)
$2.00
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Premium-2-cu-ft-Black-Hardwood-Mulch/3420262 

Lowe's has Premium Hardwood Mulch (Brown, Red, or Black) on sale for $2.00 with free in-store pickup.

Deal Notes: Store pickup requires local store's to have inventory, however at this time in the season most stores have large qualities. 

• Controls moisture to help reduce water use and regulates soil temperature
  • Seasonal color for 1 year, guaranteed
  • Product is available in 3 colors: black, red, brown

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Save your receipts as this stuff is absolute garbage. Color will fade 50% after the first hard rain and material will break down after just 5-6 months.

rated:
Agree... must be using color water.

rated:
Great mulching properties, and love that smell in the tomato garden every year!

rated:
good price for the product. thanks.

rated:
javajoejava said:   Save your receipts as this stuff is absolute garbage. Color will fade 50% after the first hard rain and material will break down after just 5-6 months.
  Serious question, so would you re-bag it and take it back to the store for a refund?

rated:
ach1199 said:   
javajoejava said:   Save your receipts as this stuff is absolute garbage. Color will fade 50% after the first hard rain and material will break down after just 5-6 months.
  Serious question, so would you re-bag it and take it back to the store for a refund?

rated:
ach1199 said:   

There is a 12 month guarantee.  Save your receipts, take a pic when you spread it, take a pic 3 months later, get all your money back.  I did it three years in a row until I decided it was a complete waste of time and labor and now I just get the good stuff by the yard from a local company that gets it straight from the mill, and uses a colorant that truly lasts 12+ months. 

I'm as much of a FatWaller as another, but some things in life aren't worth wasting time on.

rated:
Termites love it!

rated:
BennyZz said:   Termites love it!

if termites love it then this is deal breaker for me, dont want my home to be eatin' by termites!!!!!! i can't find any link between hardwood and termites via google unless someone does can you provide a link?

rated:
Darith said:   
BennyZz said:   Termites love it!

if termites love it then this is deal breaker for me, dont want my home to be eatin' by termites!!!!!! i can't find any link between hardwood and termites via google unless someone does can you provide a link?

https://www.terminix.com/blog/bug-facts/does-mulch-attract-termi...

https://www.google.com/search?q=mulch+and+termites&oq=mulch+and+termites&aqs=chrome..69i57.2745j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

rated:
gkg7 said:   Great mulching properties, and love that smell in the tomato garden every year!
  Who mulches tomatoes?  Half the weeds that grow stop bugs, and the other half stop Deer.

Or simply plant a garden patch... let the tomatoes get a head start, then plant the cukes between the rows... Viola!

rated:
Just picked up from store near me, thanks.

rated:
home depot has Scotts Earthgrow mulch for $2. I assume this is a better mulch than Lowe's premium mulch.

rated:
got 25 bags and some of this stuff has faded 50% right out of the bag

rated:
Anyone know how long this sale last? I hate buying/storing this before I need it.Thanks.

rated:
lkdeals said:   home depot has Scotts Earthgrow mulch for $2. I assume this is a better mulch than Lowe's premium mulch.
  Why?

rated:
  Isn't the breakdown of materials essentially fertilizer?

rated:
I mix up a dark brown dye in my sprayer. Water based and no nasty chemicals. When this stuff fades, which it does, all of them do, I touch it up with the sprayer and it looks new again. It's pretty easy and quick.

rated:
Thanks for posting the product.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017