Samsung PRO+ 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - $24.99 FS @ Bestbuy

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bestbuy has Samsung - PRO+ 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Black/White on sale for $24.99.
Shipping is free.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-pro-64gb-microsdxc-class-10-... 

Member Summary

Samsung
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what's a better quality card.. this or the 64gb SanDisk extreme?

is it a good deal?

georgepl said:   is it a good deal?
  Kind of some what bargain for 64gb micro.  Last time I bought a generic micro SDXC 512gb from eBay for a lot cheaper like $5 or  $6.  Some netbook or phone will accept larger capacity for example 128gb, 256gb, or 512gb.  For a $5 to gamble, why not?

FYI - have been using a 32GB non pro+ version on my phone, no issue so far. This appears good deal.

kenwallet said:   
  Kind of some what bargain for 64gb micro.  Last time I bought a generic micro SDXC 512gb from eBay for a lot cheaper like $5 or  $6.  Some netbook or phone will accept larger capacity for example 128gb, 256gb, or 512gb.  For a $5 to gamble, why not?

Often when SD cards on eBay are sold for unbelievably low prices, you end up getting one that has a phony capacity.   It appears to be the capacity that it says it is and then one day as you attempt to use the space, it gives you an
error that requires it to be reformatted.   When you do that you learn that the true capacity is a tiny fraction of what you thought it was.   If what you really bought was a 4Gb that you thought was 512Gb, the $5 was not such a hot price.

I have some fake Sandisks usb and SD cards from China and from eBay that reported full capacity, but it's fist in/first out when you try to fill it up with data. A 32GB drive is actually 8gb and only will have the last 8GB of data, the old files will disappear or can't copy back out from the drive.

leonc said:   
kenwallet said:   
  Kind of some what bargain for 64gb micro.  Last time I bought a generic micro SDXC 512gb from eBay for a lot cheaper like $5 or  $6.  Some netbook or phone will accept larger capacity for example 128gb, 256gb, or 512gb.  For a $5 to gamble, why not?

Often when SD cards on eBay are sold for unbelievably low prices, you end up getting one that has a phony capacity.   It appears to be the capacity that it says it is and then one day as you attempt to use the space, it gives you an
error that requires it to be reformatted.   When you do that you learn that the true capacity is a tiny fraction of what you thought it was.   If what you really bought was a 4Gb that you thought was 512Gb, the $5 was not such a hot price.

I used the SD on my netbook.  The netbook was not design to read large SD.  I used the 521 gb on my Surface Pro 3 and it works fine with 521 gb.  I have been using it over a year.  Knock on wood and cross my finger

I'm confused as to why this deal is getting so much green.  I got a couple Samsung 64gig microSD cards over a year ago for about $16.  The price hasn't gone down much lately, but IMO a "deal" on a 64 gig card would be at least under $20, ideally under $15.  Hell, a few weeks ago Amazon had a 128gig microSD for $32 shipped.

Cyfun said:   I'm confused as to why this deal is getting so much green.  I got a couple Samsung 64gig microSD cards over a year ago for about $16.  The price hasn't gone down much lately, but IMO a "deal" on a 64 gig card would be at least under $20, ideally under $15.  Hell, a few weeks ago Amazon had a 128gig microSD for $32 shipped.
  Because this card has 95/90MB/sec read/write speeds and the card you have most likely does not.

Now shows shipping unavailable, and no stock within 250 miles of Tucson.

Not available for shipping as claimed. WTF?

This is the more performant card. See the performance summary I posted in the member summary from the TweakTown review.
markandrer said:   what's a better quality card.. this or the 64gb SanDisk extreme?

Onlly 1 store had stock around me for pickup, no shipping. GUess its high demand

kenwallet said:   

Almost 100% sure a $5 512gb microsd card off of eBay is fake.  You might want to do one of those tests that will write the card to capacity.  Usually they hack the FAT of a smaller card to get it to say the advertised amount but you run into all kinds of problems (obviously).

hawk311 said:   
kenwallet said:   

Almost 100% sure a $5 512gb microsd card off of eBay is fake.  You might want to do one of those tests that will write the card to capacity.  Usually they hack the FAT of a smaller card to get it to say the advertised amount but you run into all kinds of problems (obviously).

I have been using this generic SD over a year, and it still said 512 gb..

I bet the 512 Gb card is really a 512 MByte card. $5-$6 is about right for a rather "small" 512 Mbyte card

SO in Austin.

Fuzzytopclark said:   I bet the 512 Gb card is really a 512 MByte card. $5-$6 is about right for a rather "small" 512 Mbyte card
  I went home and checked the capacity.  I said 512 gb. 

kenwallet said:   I went home and checked the capacity. I said 512 gb.

Selling a card that incorrectly reports the space it has available is literally the definition of this particular scam. The card may also act as though the total space is available, overwriting previous data or simply not recording the data at all.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Dont-fall-for-the-Flash-Drive-Sc... 
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Beware-of-fake-microSD-cards-Here... 

Related: as far as I know (and I'm not an expert, just a consumer) there currently is no "micro SDXC 512gb" on the market.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007962%20600497138%20600567961&IsNodeId=1 
This one was announced but afaik never saw the market:
https://www.cnet.com/news/microdia-will-sell-a-1000-ish-512gb-microsd-come-july/ 

The largest I've seen is 256 GB, and camelcamelcamel tells me that the one I picked at random has never dipped below $150. eBay 's great but anytime you find yourself buying something new at a 97% discount you know it's more of a risk than not (as you mentioned yourself).

Not so much replying for you but this is a relatively public thread and it should contain good information.

​​​​​​​Also, this deal is dead for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017