• filter:
This deal has expired.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Free at GOG.com thru Ars Technica at arstechnica.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Free at GOG.com thru Ars Technica

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/ars-and-gog-two-great-tastes-that-go-great-together/

Ars is teaming up with GOG and it?s gonna be awesomeAnd to kick it off, everybody gets a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I couldn't find a link to this page, but here's where you paste the code from ragingwookie's page to add the game to your gog library:
https://www.gog.com/redeem  Ah, I see NOW that the ars page has a button to both copy to clipboard and navigate to this gog page. I'll leave this link in case anyone else wants to do it the hard way like I did.

rated:
i am 150+ hrs into Witcher 3 after not playing video games for over a decade.
this series is incredibly well written.
i feel like i am playing a movie. will have to check out W1, and possibly W2.

thanks OP.

rated:
"Our apologies, but Ars registration is temporarily close for required maintenance." I hope Ars not closing the registration page for the remaining 2 days, until the promotion ends.

rated:
Xam said:   "Our apologies, but Ars registration is temporarily close for required maintenance." I hope Ars not closing the registration page for the remaining 2 days, until the promotion ends.

Looks like they realized that giving away codes without capturing your information was not a good idea for Ars.  They modified the page so that now you have to create/sign in with an Ars account before they'll give you the free code.

Before that, you just had to click a button to get the code - no Ars account needed.  You happened to catch the page while they were still working on that change.  

rated:
Our apologies, but Ars registration is temporarily close for required maintenance.   they snooze they loose

rated:
registration is not required, just a email

rated:
I got a code emailed from Arstechia. Follow the link to GOG and I get :

"This code has already been used. If you believe this is incorrect, please let us know."

rated:
ragingwookiee said:   

Ars is teaming up with GOG and it?s gonna be awesomeAnd to kick it off, everybody gets a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Before the trolls start complaining that this should be in "Free Stuff", all trolls are welcome to send Wookie $10 and  he will send you the link. That will make it a hot deal for you. (PM for instructions)
Trolls: Note that you pay him, not me, so this is not self promotion!

rated:
Got mine, thank you OP!

rated:
Worked fine for me..>Easy peasy

rated:
Had the same problem yesterday.
Try it now...I think it's up and running again. I just got mine.

rated:
thank you OP!

rated:
jerosen said:   I got a code emailed from Arstechia. Follow the link to GOG and I get :

"This code has already been used. If you believe this is incorrect, please let us know."

There is a promoted comment on the article page from one of their editors that mentions this bug, their code generation system seems to be occasionally generating a duplicate code for people.
They recommend trying again with a different email address (which if you use gmail is as easy as putting a + and some random text before the @ in your address, gmail treats it as an alias and it'll end up in your inbox).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/ars-and-gog-two-great-tas...

rated:
Entered my email and got my code. Thank you

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
Can't seem to run under windows 10

rated:
Got mine thanks OP for sharing this.

rated:
Dead. :'(

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017