• Thick, sturdy mouth-blown glass construction with solid pine wood base
  • 7.5" glass Galileo thermometer
  • Colorful, liquid filled bulbs descend and ascend with temperature changes
  • Lowest floating bulb indicates temperature
  • Measures temperatures from 64 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We have a larger Galileo thermometer on our mantle. While ours has twice the spheres (providing a greater temperature range), is all glass and 24", the effect is likely similar. It is both attractive and thought-provoking. This would likely be a most welcome small present at a very reasonable price. I learned that despite the name, this thermometer was not invented by Galileo, but based on his discovery that the density of a fluid changes (mostly proportionately) as its temperature rises or falls.

Thanks just ordered 15 for Christmas. Love to have most of my shopping done before summer (all online with deals thanks to fatwallet). Need 15 $5.00 gifts and this is perfect.

TY OP
got a few for gifts (but not 15)

pretty cool deal !

hitotamuj said:   pretty cool deal !
  Well that would depend on the temperature... 

And they can be fairly accurate in a constant environment, i.e., air conditioned. If the temp constantly changes, the response is much too slow and will Chase the actual temp.

Shows as $8 now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017