• filter:

staples: 0.01AC/R hammermill copy plus ream (1 coupon/ream/transaction) 9.99AC/R for case exp 5/6/17

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
the Staples app has the following coupon for the hammermill copy plus paper ream:

18983 exp 5/6/17

online link for reference purposes only:

HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Ream

The case paper has the following coupon code: 91539 (seems to be a $5 coupon if there's a $41 rebate based on weekly ad, page 1)

HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Case

Rebate info will be added on sunday in the morning.

Thank you for your patience in reading this post

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Received a message from Staples Rebate today, My May 1 rebate bounced due to < Custom Value >

It should have been for sin... (more)

LORENW (May. 09, 2017 @ 10:25a) |

Working now -- just submitted rebate from 5/4

jatan1986 (May. 10, 2017 @ 8:29p) |

It did receive the "Your rebate is being processed" email for my Visa GC rebate submission on Sunday.

fwuser12 (May. 10, 2017 @ 11:36p) |

rebate info
17-12484 said: Promotion: Get a $41 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Hammermill 8.5 x 11 inch CopyPlus Paper 10 Ream Case (SKU 122374) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Reward: $41.00 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Valid Dates: 04-30-2017 through 05-06-2017

Purchase a Hammermill 8.5 x 11 inch CopyPlus Paper 10 Ream Case (SKU 122374) at Staples stores between 04/30/17 and 05/06/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.

17-12483 said: Promotion: Get a $5.30 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Hammermill 8.5 x 11 Inch CopyPlus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Reward: $5.30 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Valid Dates: 04-30-2017 through 05-06-2017

Purchase a Hammermill 8.5 x 11 Inch CopyPlus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples stores between 04/30/17 and 05/06/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
VivYip said:   the Staples app has the following coupon for the hammermill copy plus paper ream:

18983 exp 5/6/17

online link for reference purposes only:

HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Ream 

The case paper has the following coupon code: 91539 (seems to be a $5 coupon if there's a $41 rebate based on weekly ad, page 1)

HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Case 

Rebate info will be added on sunday in the morning.

Thank you for your patience in reading this post

Staples has patched their POS. they no longer accept multiple coupons on the same transaction. 

rated:
it's more like one of each type of coupon per transaction might be okay. Even one expired and one current of the same type of coupon will not work.

rated:
VivYip said:   it's more like one of each type of coupon per transaction might be okay. Even one expired and one current of the same type of coupon will not work.
  that's right. only 1 unique coupon per transaction now. in the old days, we could use 4 (same) coupons for 4 reams.

rated:
If the rebate limit is 4; can you do 4 consecutive tranx with the same rebate?

TIA

rated:
confused200 said:   If the rebate limit is 4; can you do 4 consecutive tranx with the same rebate?

TIA

if the store lets you, you can do 4 sep. transactions, but each rebate from each order must be entered one at a time. But yes, you will get all 4 rebates, and possibly 4 Visa Cards for $5 each or whatever the new week rebate amount is.

rated:
And in case it's not obvious, what you _can't_ do any more is burn a $20 Reward on 4x$5.01 reams (the first purchase will generate a $14.99 Balance Reward, but that has to be used in its entirety).

=aw

rated:
coupons are up.

rated:
Just when I had given up on gathering penny reams of Hammermill paper at Staples
and returning them to OD....

rated:
did anyone notice in the email the photo of the case paper for the coupon is Hammermill but when you click on the link the coupon says Staples Copy Plus?
Edited to include coupon

rated:
sechs said:   Just when I had given up on gathering penny reams of Hammermill paper at Staples 
and returning them to OD. ...

isn't that basically stealing?

rated:
crabbing said:   
sechs said:   Just when I had given up on gathering penny reams of Hammermill paper at Staples 

rotating stock?

rated:
wwinters said:   did anyone notice in the email the photo of the case paper for the coupon is Hammermill but when you click on the link the coupon says Staples Copy Plus?

The coupon I saw in the app looked right last night(?) I haven't checked the webpage yet...

as for "returning" to Office Depot. I'm not ready to go to that level on stuff yet, since I hope the two stores survive somehow...and keep some semblance of competitiion.

rated:
crabbing said:   

Of course it is! But that never stopped crooks from stealing!

rated:
ottawa said:   And in case it's not obvious, what you _can't_ do any more is burn a $20 Reward on 4x$5.01 reams (the first purchase will generate a $14.99 Balance Reward, but that has to be used in its entirety).

=aw

i faced the same scenario. no choices. got $40 rewards but only $20 left. must use all in FULL. so no way we can use 4x in the same transaction now. i end up buying some paper towels. today is the last day to spend ur $20.

rated:
ottawa said:   And in case it's not obvious, what you _can't_ do any more is burn a $20 Reward on 4x$5.01 reams (the first purchase will generate a $14.99 Balance Reward, but that has to be used in its entirety).

=aw

Decisions! Decisions! This new policy kills the monetizing Golden Egg and my $30 ink ransom is coming up the third week of May.   BTW, I'll have PLUS status the remainder of the year.

rated:
You can buy some Staples brand product with you reward coupon and return it to get a Staples GC which you can use to make multiple transactions.
I don't bother anymore buying anything from Staples as they have made it harder and harder to shop there.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   You can buy some Staples brand product with you reward coupon and return it to get a Staples GC which you can use to make multiple transactions.
I don't bother anymore buying anything from Staples as they have made it harder and harder to shop there.

I hear you. I got out of shopping at Staples on a regular basis several months ago and that is one of the best decisions I ever made.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
marcopolomle said:   You can buy some Staples brand product with you reward coupon and return it to get a Staples GC which you can use to make multiple transactions.
I don't bother anymore buying anything from Staples as they have made it harder and harder to shop there.

I hear you. I got out of shopping at Staples on a regular basis several months ago and that is one of the best decisions I ever made.

They always now ask for "what rewards number did you buy this under" or "what credit card did you use" so they can look up the order and return funds the same way you paid... so if you use rewareds, they say "sorry, you used rewards, which cannot be returned, so sorry!".

rated:
Technologist said:   
MrVietnam said:   

I hear you. I got out of shopping at Staples on a regular basis several months ago and that is one of the best decisions I ever made.

They always now ask for "what rewards number did you buy this under" or "what credit card did you use" so they can look up the order and return funds the same way you paid... so if you use rewareds, they say "sorry, you used rewards, which cannot be returned, so sorry!".

Don't give them your rewards number when you make the purchase? 

rated:
Stolat said:   

=aw

Decisions! Decisions! This new policy kills the monetizing Golden Egg and my $30 ink ransom is coming up the third week of May.   BTW, I'll have PLUS status the remainder of the year.

damn. now u remind me of using that free "copy" rewards. it's expiring today and they all closed by now. i tried to ask what that "copy" reward is all about. nobody knew. in the old days, at least they listed $45 worth in copy/print job. now they dont list anything on that coupon. what's best to use it before the end of the day? order a customized stamper?

rated:
rhino850 said:   
Technologist said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Don't give them your rewards number when you make the purchase? 

didnt they auto pull ur reward number by using ur own rewards?

rated:
I didn't read what the $20 rewards coupon said.  When I bought paper with it a couple weeks ago, I asked if the purchase had to be for the total amount, the cashier said it would work for ringing each one separately. He applied it to each order for 4 transactions of $5 each and it worked.  Huh???  Now I'm wondering about it working in the future.

rated:
Barbwyr said:   I didn't read what the $20 rewards coupon said.  When I bought paper with it a couple weeks ago, I asked if the purchase had to be for the total amount, the cashier said it would work for ringing each one separately. He applied it to each order for 4 transactions of $5 each and it worked.  Huh???  Now I'm wondering about it working in the future.
  i dont know. that's what the coupon said and noone dared to try. no cashiers or managers have tried it yet. too risky for them, in case it failed, they can't re-issue it. u will have to deal with reward center. they will come back to u with the same excuse we told u so. 

rated:

never heard of this before. always have gotten rewards back. Staples gc would be awesome  

rated:
jamesfatwallet said:   

never heard of this before. always have gotten rewards back. Staples gc would be awesome  

i think he showed u how to cheat the system. u have to buy Staples brand products. then return without a receipt to get Staples gc. Staples (or OfficeDepot) would accept their own brand products any day anytime (without 30 day restriction) without a receipt for a gc.

rated:
Returning without receipt too many times will get you blacklisted.

rated:
3c3 said:   Returning without receipt too many times will get you blacklisted.
Correct.
They use the Return/Exchange database (Retail Equation) to Verify Return Authorization

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
3c3 said:   Returning without receipt too many times will get you blacklisted.
Correct.
They use the Return/Exchange database (Retail Equation ) to Verify Return Authorization

Also, in my state at least, the don't refund sales tax without a receipt, ie, they deduct the sales tax from the refund/gift card.  Is a statewide rule, not a Staples rule.

rated:
microkelvin said:     i think he showed u how to cheat the system. u have to buy Staples brand products. then return without a receipt to get Staples gc. Staples (or OfficeDepot ) would accept their own brand products any day anytime (without 30 day restriction) without a receipt for a gc.

+1
There is a difference between using the system, exploring loopholes etc., and cheating the system. Getting a cashier to scan a coupon four times probably falls under the former category (as long as the register accepts it). With the recent change in the way the register processes a coupon, $taples has closed the loophole that allowed cashing-in of rewards. One just has to move on to other deals, or see if buying actual product (without rebate) with the reward is still beneficial.

Returning the rebate eligible item without a receipt falls under the latter category. As pointed out by others, it will quickly get you black-listed.

rated:
yeah was aware of this, but def not scalable.

rated:
Anyone else having problems submitting the Hammermill rebate. Purchased Mon, but when submitting today got the message: "Your eligible rebates are still being determined. Continue to Step 2 and fill out your information so we can notify you when your rebates are ready."

rated:
TerryH said:   Anyone else having problems submitting the Hammermill rebate. Purchased Mon, but when submitting today got the message: "Your eligible rebates are still being determined. Continue to Step 2 and fill out your information so we can notify you when your rebates are ready."
  triple check to make sure you're entering the correct number

rated:
TerryH said:   Anyone else having problems submitting the Hammermill rebate. Purchased Mon, but when submitting today got the message: "Your eligible rebates are still being determined. Continue to Step 2 and fill out your information so we can notify you when your rebates are ready."
  Since I usually submit my rebates online very shortly after returning from the store, I'm used to seeing this message.  Only had a problem once when I mistyped to rebate id, which was easily corrected on the phone.
Have you received an email yet?

rated:
The "Your eligible rebates are still being determined" message is affecting my purchases from Monday as well. I just submitted the rebates anyway.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
  triple check to make sure you're entering the correct number

I copy and paste from the electronic (emailed) receipt.

rated:

Yes, I purchased on Wed (5/3) and I am getting this message this morning.

rated:
drjofis said:   

Yes, I purchased on Wed (5/3) and I am getting this message this morning.

So after 6 days, I am still getting this message.  Is there a problem with last week's purchases?

rated:
I am getting that message on purchases I made on Sunday so I guess this will require a call to Staples and maybe submit by mail...

Skipping 5 Messages...
rated:
It did receive the "Your rebate is being processed" email for my Visa GC rebate submission on Sunday.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017