• filter:

Jimmy John's $1 sandwich day - Tues 5/2/17, 4-8PM

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Jimmy John's Sandwiches is having their $1 sandwich day this Tuesday, May 2, from 4 to 8PM.  Check the link for participating locations and FAQs.
JJ's Customer Appreciation Day info 

#1 Pepe -- real applewood smoked ham and provolone cheese garnished with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

#2 Big John -- medium rare choice roast beef, topped with yummy mayo, lettuce, and tomato.

#3 Totally Tuna -- fresh housemade tuna, mixed with celery, onions, and our tasty sauce, then topped with alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, and tomato.

#4 Turkey Tom -- fresh sliced turkey breast, topped with lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, and mayo.

#5 Vito the original -- italian sub with genoa salami, provolone, capicola, onion, lettuce, tomato, & a real tasty italian vinaigrette.

#6 Vegetarian -- layers of provolone cheese separated by real avocado spread, alfalfa sprouts, sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

J.J.B.L.T. bacon, lettuce, tomato, & mayo.

Member Summary

jimmy johns (84.18kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Are these the 8" subs or the "slims"?
It says in the fine print "Sandwiches 1-6" so I am pretty sure it is the 8" sub.
Anyone confirm?

rated:
ljderm said:   Are these the 8" subs or the "slims"?
It says in the fine print "Sandwiches 1-6" so I am pretty sure it is the 8" sub.
Anyone confirm?

I'm assuming it's the 8" subs and slims, as it was last year.
From the FAQs    Our sandwiches #1-#6, J.J.B.L.T.®, and Plain Slims® are all available during the event for $1 plus applicable sales tax.

rated:
how many hours should one expect to wait in line to get these?

rated:
jd2010 said:   how many hours should one expect to wait in line to get these?
Depends on how busy your local JJ is.  Last year it was from 11-3PM.  I got there around noon and waited 20-25 minutes.  Some people went through the line more than once to get more.  JJ is usually very quick with their sandwiches. 

rated:
Thanks OP! Two of these opened around here and always wanted to give them a try.

rated:
although it is not part of this deal, I just find it funny to see this today:
https://facebook.com/HygoNews/videos/1364468633635655/ 
when you order your Sandwich, this would be a good conversational topic.

rated:
I noticed you can place a "cash" order online. It doesn't show the discounted price but I wonder if they would ring it up for the $1 when you get there. Has anyone tried this?

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   
Depends on how busy your local JJ is.  Last year it was from 11-3PM.  I got there around noon and waited 20-25 minutes.  Some people went through the line more than once to get more.  JJ is usually very quick with their sandwiches. 

r u serious? they didnt care if u go the 2nd time?

rated:
microkelvin said:   
sportsfan64 said:   

If you check the FAQs in the link in my first post, it mentions it's up to the store's discretion to let you go through the line multiple times.  Last year, there was a woman in front of me that had a canvas tote bag with 2-3, or maybe 4 sandwiches.  I guess she went through the line a few times.  

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   
microkelvin said:   
sportsfan64 said:   

If you check the FAQs in the link in my first post, it mentions it's up to the store's discretion to let you go through the line multiple times.  Last year, there was a woman in front of me that had a canvas tote bag with 2-3, or maybe 4 sandwiches.  I guess she went through the line a few times.  

this year, its from 4pm to 8pm. not much i can do as the wife at home will demand me to show up for dinner. what do u recommend from #1 to #6? they gave us some samples in the office last year. they were all yummy. their breads were the best. beat subway hand down.

rated:
microkelvin said:     this year, its from 4pm to 8pm. not much i can do as the wife at home will demand me to show up for dinner. what do u recommend from #1 to #6? they gave us some samples in the office last year. they were all yummy. their breads were the best. beat subway hand down.

I've only had the Roast Beef, Tuna, and Turkey.  I like the Turkey the best. 

rated:
Barbiedawl said:   I noticed you can place a "cash" order online. It doesn't show the discounted price but I wonder if they would ring it up for the $1 when you get there. Has anyone tried this?

As one would expect, you cannot do this.  Go wait in line for 15 - 20 minutes.

rated:
It's really good! Thanks OP.

rated:
I am assuming it is only one sandwich per customer at this price without having to go into the line again?

rated:
jw530 said:   I am assuming it is only one sandwich per customer at this price without having to go into the line again?
  limit 1 per customer. unless ur wifes working there.

rated:
microkelvin said:   
jw530 said:   I am assuming it is only one sandwich per customer at this price without having to go into the line again?
  limit 1 per customer. unless ur wifes working there.

It's one per customer, but if the store lets you, you can go through the line again. 

rated:
I grabbed a turkey..took 10 mins..tried to get ya to get cheese or pickle for up charge..never had jimmy johns. Employees all seemed really happy

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
tanner12oz said:   I grabbed a turkey..took 10 mins..tried to get ya to get cheese or pickle for up charge..never had jimmy johns. Employees all seemed really happy
  like the one got robbed at gun point.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017