• filter:

La Crosse Technology WT-3143A-INT 14-Inch Atomic Wall Clock, Black $18.30 (or less) Amazon Prime

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Lowest price for this model according to 3XCamel

Note: This is an extremely accurate clock with radio technology built-in. I bought 3 of the smaller ones back in 2006 and they're still going strong. They adjust for DST too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002WZRJK 

A.mazon Warehousedeals has them for $16.47 with damaged boxes.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have never had the La Crosse "radio" atomic clock ever set itself. Must be no transmitter near D.C. or Baltimore. Having owned several devices, it has never worked here.

rated:
Gethome said:   I have never had the La Crosse "radio" atomic clock ever set itself. Must be no transmitter near D.C. or Baltimore. Having owned several devices, it has never worked here.
  I'm in the Philadelphia area and they work in my basement too

rated:
Even if you live close to the transmitter, ( I am in CO) location within a room is important. I have one up against a cinder block wall, that never gets the signal. Move it a few feet nearer to a window, and it is fine. The material in the wall it is mounted on seems to decrease the sensitivity of the VLF antenna in the clock?

rated:
blueribb said:   Lowest price for this model according to 3XCamel

Note: This is an extremely accurate clock with radio technology built-in. I bought 3 of the smaller ones back in 2006 and they're still going strong. They adjust for DST too.

if they auto change time based on atomic radio. what prevents them from auto adjust for DST? do u have to list it like an addtional feature?

rated:
My atomic clock is always 6 minutes off. Not sure how to fix!?

rated:

missed the title but it's good to repeat it in ur content.

Exclusively for Prime Members
This item at $18.30 is reserved for Prime members. 

rated:
microkelvin said:   

if they auto change time based on atomic radio. what prevents them from auto adjust for DST? do u have to list it like an addtional feature?

Every time you change the battery, you press a button for your time zone.

rated:
bjamm said:   My atomic clock is always 6 minutes off. Not sure how to fix!?
Contact the manufacturer

rated:
Gethome said:   I have never had the La Crosse "radio" atomic clock ever set itself. Must be no transmitter near D.C. or Baltimore. Having owned several devices, it has never worked here.
  You have to go to a place not infested with politicians. They pull the signal right out of the air.

rated:
bjamm said:   My atomic clock is always 6 minutes off. Not sure how to fix!?
  Depending on the type you may need to pull off the minute hand and re attach it to the correct time. Some clocks have a nut holding the hands on and you would have to unscrew it to get the hands off.  

rated:
In for one at $17.22. Thanks!

rated:
Looks good, but one question: Does the second hand make an audible tick tick sound as it sweeps? Or is it quiet? (Need a silent clock to put in the bedroom)

rated:
MGR said:   Looks good, but one question: Does the second hand make an audible tick tick sound as it sweeps? Or is it quiet? (Need a silent clock to put in the bedroom)
  It makes a very quiet click sound but I can't hear it unless I'm within a few feet. (this is with an older model though)

rated:
MangoGT said:   In for one at $17.22. Thanks!
  $20.67 + tax now.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017