45lb CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Weight Plate $28.40 w/FS or $26.95 pickup @ Walmart ($26.95 @ Amazon, but limit 1)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Plate, Black - Walmart.com
Disclaimer
45lb CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Plate $28.40 w/FS or $26.95 pickup @ Walmart($26.95 @ Amazon, but limit 1)Walmart has 45lb CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Plates $28.40 with free shipping or $26.95 with the pickup discount.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cap-Barbell-OP-010/19226050?

Amazon has it for $26.95, but limits them to 1 per person .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000ATDSQ/

I got 4 from Walmart and decided to skip the discount and have them shipped. I fully expect the delivery person to defecate on my doorstep. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price - I've had to stalk craigslist for weeks to get $.50 per pound for used weights. I'd have jumped at this option - I did add just a pair of 45s last year that way.

I've had dumbbells shipped from Walmart, a pair of 30s. I had ordered 35s, which was a huge hassle to deal with. It would have been far easier to have picked them up, provided I caught the error then. The delivered weights were in fine condition, but the packaging was the same they'd do for anything that size and was DESTROYED. Just a single ordinary cardboard box. I don't think there had been any padding inside at all.

SlimTim said:   Great price - I've had to stalk craigslist for weeks to get $.50 per pound for used weights. I'd have jumped at this option - I did add just a pair of 45s last year that way.

I've had dumbbells shipped from Walmart, a pair of 30s. I had ordered 35s, which was a huge hassle to deal with. It would have been far easier to have picked them up, provided I caught the error then. The delivered weights were in fine condition, but the packaging was the same they'd do for anything that size and was DESTROYED. Just a single ordinary cardboard box. I don't think there had been any padding inside at all.

I stalked my local craigslist for quite a while and never found anything, unfortunately. I've had to buy all of my equipment new, so I'm constantly searching for deals.

I've had pretty good luck shipping weight, so far. I always feel sorry for the people that have to deliver it though.They sent my poor mail lady out by herself to deliver an 80lb weighted vest. Luckily, my wife was home and they team carried it to step.

MrChris said:   I fully expect the delivery person to defecate on my doorstep. 
  I'd avoid being home when these are delivered, or they ARE going to get dropped on your foot. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017