• filter:
This deal has expired.

Troy-Bilt 2800-PSI 2.3 Gallons-Gpm Cold Water Gas Pressure Washer - $199 @ Lowe's - Today Only

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Based on reviews, it appears to be hit or miss.

Wish they had levels of expertise like Newegg to determine user error.

rated:
I dont like how the front looks, also where do you hang the wand? Im not taking it apart after each use.

rated:
they have hot water pressure washer?

rated:
Check out youtube for reviews.

Mine stop working every 10-15 mins of usage. Call customer service and no help.
Returned to Lowes after 2 weeks. There is a lot of options , get a better one.

rated:
Thanks OP. Got 6% cashback from another website plus 5% discount for using my Lowes card. Final price after tax for me was $190.00.

rated:
costco is selling a subaru 3100 psi pressure washer for $259.99 till May 21, 2017 if you shop there. i plan to buy this one.

rated:
$299 for me; now; here; fyi.

rated:
fatfatfatfatnow said:   costco is selling a subaru 3100 psi pressure washer for $259.99 till May 21, 2017 if you shop there. i plan to buy this one.
  Reviews are poor.  I love Costco and the fact that I can return anything anytime.  BUT, often I find items with poor reviews, like this one.  Returning things is a hassle, so I just don't buy unreliable items.

rated:
As I read through the reviews, I'm considering taking this one back. Many people report problems with the carb and no-start. Apparently Troy-Bilt and Briggs say its due to bad gas, and deny warranty coverage. No choke or throttle settings, so if it doesn't start on its own, gotta take it in for repair. Sounds like a hassle.

rated:
microkelvin said:   they have hot water pressure washer?
Yes, but you have to spend a little more money. Approx 20x this price.  

A $199 washer is a throwaway machine. You can't rebuild the pump, and the pump is probably a cheap design that will fail within 50 hours of use.
For a homeowner who uses it twice a year to wash 100 sq ft of concrete, that's good enough. For anyone with a decently long driveway, they'll probably be disappointed by the longevity of the pump.

rated:
I had a Troy Bilt mower that was junk. I really wish Lowes would stop selling the brand.

rated:
Great deal. I've had this unit for about two years, I think i paid around $250. I use it often and have no problems. the only time it stops running is when it runs out of gas!

rated:
cherry3m said:   As I read through the reviews, I'm considering taking this one back. Many people report problems with the carb and no-start. Apparently Troy-Bilt and Briggs say its due to bad gas, and deny warranty coverage. No choke or throttle settings, so if it doesn't start on its own, gotta take it in for repair. Sounds like a hassle.

I don't have this model, but I do have a similar Troy-built that's about 5 years old, that doesn't have a choke either. The solution is simple, you don't need a choke when starting it cold, it's already set too rich. When you are starting when it's already hot and have problems, pop open the air filter hatch and remove the air filter, it will start first pull, put the air filter back in and close the hatch on it. 

Basically, Troy-built doesn't think that people can handle operating a choke, so they got rid of it. That causes problems after running this thing for a few hours though, so you have to "un-choke" it to start. It's basically always "choked." I would rather have an actual choke, but they probably figured most of the people that use this aren't going to be pressure washing for hours and hours so they would never notice or need a choke. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017