• filter:
This deal has expired.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti PXOC 4GB GDDR5 Video Card $113.75 @Walmart

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Walmart.com has EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti PXOC 4GB GDDR5 Video Card (04G-P4-6251-KR) for $113.75. Must choose free store pickup to get price. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
As compared to $131.35 on Amazon nice.

rated:
IIRC, these do not require a 6 pin power cable, so they are powered from the motherboard only. That means it can turn your run of the mill prebuilt PC into a gaming PC easily. Better value is out there, but those cards require power cables.

rated:
ragedogg69 said:   IIRC, these do not require a 6 pin power cable, so they are powered from the motherboard only. That means it can turn your run of the mill prebuilt PC into a gaming PC easily. Better value is out there, but those cards require power cables.
 I'd be very wary of that. Many of those PC's have PSU's that are capable of 200W at best. I wouldn't load them with more than 130W, to be safe. That includes the CPU, power for the other chips on the motherboard, and whatever other accessories are attached.

This card draws max 75W. That doesn't leave much of a budget for the rest of the system.

Even a card that only needs power from the motherboard might overload a cheap Chinese PSU. A blown PSU often takes the rest of the system with it.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
ragedogg69 said:   IIRC, these do not require a 6 pin power cable, so they are powered from the motherboard only. That means it can turn your run of the mill prebuilt PC into a gaming PC easily. Better value is out there, but those cards require power cables.
 I'd be very wary of that. Many of those PC's have PSU's that are capable of 200W at best. I wouldn't load them with more than 130W, to be safe. That includes the CPU, power for the other chips on the motherboard, and whatever other accessories are attached.

This card draws max 75W. That doesn't leave much of a budget for the rest of the system.

Even a card that only needs power from the motherboard might overload a cheap Chinese PSU. A blown PSU often takes the rest of the system with it.

I've got a Dell that I got from a deal here a couple years ago. It was one of those Inspirons that came in a somewhat smaller case, with the hard drive cage blocking the space that would have been required for any larger cards. The 300W PSU it came with has handled a 750Ti before and a 1050Ti currently with no issues. You're probably right about 200W, but 300W is just fine in my case. Thing handles everything I play admirably.

rated:
out of stock

rated:
Same card at Newegg has a $20 MIR for a total of i$114 until 5/17/17

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017