• filter:

Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone Service $63.35 at Amazon - ONE DAY ONLY

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Ooma Telo for $63.35 with Free Shipping. Lowest price per Camelcamelcamel

Link to OOMA 

• PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability
  • Integration with Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa
  • Caller-ID, call-waiting, call return, 911 and 911 text alerts
  • Online portal with call log, preferences and contacts
  • One-touch voicemail audio playback
  • Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
  • Fax mode
  • Live customer support
  • Choose any available area code
  • Ooma Mobile HD app for free outbound calling
  • Everyday low rates on international calling
  • Unlimited calling to over 60 countries with the Ooma World Plan
  • Free Ooma-to-Ooma calling worldwide

• Requirements

• High-speed Internet connection
    • Minimum 180 Kbps upstream network speed
    • Corded or cordless home phone, or optional Ooma HD2 Handset
    • Intended for residential use only

Member Summary

Ooma Telo VoIP (5.52kB)
Thanks Sdeout73
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Obihai gives you a separate Obihai phone number. Calls from one Obihai to other using this Obihai # are free and can be ... (more)

marcopolomle (May. 08, 2017 @ 10:18a) |

I have 2 lifetime tivos, but not going there either.

To answer your point... If I had to pay 5 or even 10 bucks a month, ... (more)

Technologist (May. 09, 2017 @ 8:31p) |

The point I was trying to make was why pay at all ?
I got one Obihai OBi200 and I was so satisfied that I bought another ... (more)

marcopolomle (May. 09, 2017 @ 9:30p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Monthly is about $4.50 for me. Had it for 3 years and counting. Best decision ever made.

rated:
Had ooma since day 1.
Just jumped to Obhi with google voice integration. Have not looked back since.
Same quality phone as ooma. Cheaper international rates.

rated:
Some questions:
I currently have Verizon FIOS VOIP home phone service and use their Simultaneous Ring (Multi-Ring) for both my cell phone and Nomorobo (free blocking service). Will Ooma's basic plan support this ?
Is there a monthly bill or can it be paid quarterly or yearly to reduce paperwork ?
I would want to port my Verizon number but want to make sure it can be ported first - is there a web page that allow me to see if my current number can be ported to Oooma ?

rated:
Looks like they also have plenty of used/returned items for about $45 through Amazon Warehouse Deals.

rated:
blueribb said:   Some questions:
I currently have Verizon FIOS VOIP home phone service and use their Simultaneous Ring (Multi-Ring) for both my cell phone and Nomorobo (free blocking service). Will Ooma's basic plan support this ?
Is there a monthly bill or can it be paid quarterly or yearly to reduce paperwork ?
I would want to port my Verizon number but want to make sure it can be ported first - is there a web page that allow me to see if my current number can be ported to Oooma ?

Just get an Obihai OBi200 and use Google Voice. You'll have to port your Verizon number to Google Voice.

Google Voice can ring up to 6 numbers simutaneously, has a spam call filter you can enable as well as block numbers manually, plus it has a bunch of other cool features. Everything is free minus the cost of the hardware upfront ($50 for the OBi200 + cost of phones if needed). Google Voice doesn't have 911 capability, but the OBi200 gives you the option to add it for $15/year if you want or need it.

Edit: the porting cost is also $20 I believe.

rated:
Trinimd1 said:   Had ooma since day 1.

Never had ooma but with Obihai OBi200 + Google Voice for free why would I even consider ooma ? 

rated:
obion app is not available on iTunes. anyone knows where to download?

rated:
Since this product is being compared to the Obihai products, here is a video about the Obihai Obi200:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7PvQKUbzo

rated:
jtroye32 said:   

Just get an Obihai OBi200 and use Google Voice. You'll have to port your Verizon number to Google Voice.

Google Voice can ring up to 6 numbers simutaneously, has a spam call filter you can enable as well as block numbers manually, plus it has a bunch of other cool features. Everything is free minus the cost of the hardware upfront ($50 for the OBi200 + cost of phones if needed). Google Voice doesn't have 911 capability, but the OBi200 gives you the option to add it for $15/year if you want or need it.

I have had the OBi200 and Google Voice for the last year but haven't figured out how to port my Verizon FIOS telephone number. Most reviews say it has to be ported to a mobile carrier first and then to GV.

rated:
I gave up to trying to port my spectrum number to Google voice but I also went with obihai. It's free unless you want e911 in which it is 4 bucks a month. Not sure how powerful three ooma is but three obihai 200 had no problem powering over my houses telephone lines and hitting all my phones.

rated:
blueribb said:   
jtroye32 said:   

I have had the OBi200 and Google Voice for the last year but haven't figured out how to port my Verizon FIOS telephone number. Most reviews say it has to be ported to a mobile carrier first and then to GV.

You might try porting your Verizon FIOS telephone number to Tello and then to GV.
Tello is currently running a deal of 90% off with free porting till May 10th. This way you can port your number for a few cents by choosing a minimal plan (e.g. data only for $2 =1.8 cents)

rated:
seawolf21 said:   Monthly is about $4.50 for me. Had it for 3 years and counting. Best decision ever made.
  Can't complain about voice quality; however, you need to subscribe to Premier ($10/month) to get Caller-ID-name feature.

rated:
My problem is that to get internet only costs more than get internet and home line with free long distance from Comcast. So as of right now, there is no point to buy those devices, but may be in the future.

rated:
lepa71 said:   My problem is that to get internet only costs more than get internet and home line with free long distance from Comcast. So as of right now, there is no point to buy those devices, but may be in the future.
  Don't you have to lease the modem and set-top box?

rated:
jeffmd said:   I gave up to trying to port my spectrum number to Google voice but I also went with obihai. It's free unless you want e911 in which it is 4 bucks a month. Not sure how powerful three ooma is but three obihai 200 had no problem powering over my houses telephone lines and hitting all my phones.
  $1.50 a month for E911 with Callcentric.

rated:
lepa71 said:   My problem is that to get internet only costs more than get internet and home line with free long distance from Comcast. So as of right now, there is no point to buy those devices, but may be in the future.

You need to look again.  I pay $30 a month for Internet only.

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   

You need to look again.  I pay $30 a month for Internet only.

Those days are gone. Minimum now for Performance is $39.99

rated:
$30 is promotional pricing for spectrum, if you are a an existing spectrum or bright house owner you are SOL, $70 a month for 60 internet.

rated:
jeffmd said:   $30 is promotional pricing for spectrum, if you are a an existing spectrum or bright house owner you are SOL, $70 a month for 60 internet.
  If you want to play games with spectrum, you can swap between you and your spouse every year and keep getting the promo pricing each time.  Promo is tied to person, not house number.

rated:
will ooma or OBI work on R+

rated:
7 years ago this month, I switch to Ooma.  Saved nearly $6,000 over what my landline phone bill used to be.  Grandfathered in old plan (PAY NOTHING), still using the original equipment (HUB, although I never hooked up the scout and can let that go relatively cheap if someone needs one!).

BEST decision I ever made with landline phones!

Now I need a CHEAP 2nd cell phone, with cheap (or free internet).  I heard something about freedom pop.
  Is there a thread which has the cheapest plan avaliable?  I want cheap sim, (can unlock a tmobile phone to work on the plan), and cheap or free minimal calling, but some data and some text...

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

Never had ooma but with Obihai OBi200 + Google Voice for free why would I even consider ooma ? 

Had Ooma for 10 years, and bought it for my mother not long after I got it for myself.  Neither of us have paid a penny for phone service since, and except for a couple of hours years ago when the hosting service they use was out, have never had a problem.  Dam good reason I considered Ooma.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
blueribb said:   
jtroye32 said:   

You might try porting your Verizon FIOS telephone number to Tello and then to GV.
Tello is currently running a deal of 90% off with free porting till May 10th. This way you can port your number for a few cents by choosing a minimal plan (e.g. data only for $2 =1.8 cents)

Might be a good way to go - another is to port to a TMO Paygo plan and port out.  I was able to do the entire port, from Landline, without a single human involved.  If you do the TMO route, get the SIM that has no strings attached - buy $10 worth from callingmart - this will save you $3.50 because you will have $10 to give them, and not the $3.50 + $10 that is required if you pay TMO at the end.

rated:
kshell said:   
seawolf21 said:   Monthly is about $4.50 for me. Had it for 3 years and counting. Best decision ever made.
  Can't complain about voice quality; however, you need to subscribe to Premier ($10/month) to get Caller-ID-name feature.

I use Obihai with Simonics caller ID name feature ($6 one-time) on the GV.  I then have GV home # ring the cells (wife, mine), and the home phone (0ld panasonic) - and caller name Id pops on if possible -  LOVE IT - business names and schools usually are displayed.  

Haven't paid a cent for months and months now - can't believe I was paying the landline co $38/mo for just basic service no caller ID or LD!!  

rated:
cows123 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Had Ooma for 10 years, and bought it for my mother not long after I got it for myself.  Neither of us have paid a penny for phone service since, and except for a couple of hours years ago when the hosting service they use was out, have never had a problem.  Dam good reason I considered Ooma.

Good for you but not everyone has a time machine 

rated:
Friends in India are bugging me to get an Ooma/Obi for them so they can make free calls to the US. Read: bug me even more.

I don't have a clue how they will use it. Apparently, I need to set it up before I send it to them.
Google has not been my friend.
Would someone here please post a 101 on the required steps? Or point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
cows123 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

yep. sort of waste to read about what everyone got when it STARTED, not NOW. great if you don't pay anything, but maybe comment on the service IF your were paying ~$5 a month. I pay $3.99/mo to Tivo, but no one would care, because you can't get that anymore. 

rated:
 Obihai stading 4.6 starts which is higher than Ooma's 4.3, similar price at 78USD, nice choice. https://www.amazon.com/OBi200-1-Port-Adapter-Support-Service/dp/...

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
marcopolomle said:   
cows123 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

yep. sort of waste to read about what everyone got when it STARTED, not NOW. great if you don't pay anything, but maybe comment on the service IF your were paying ~$5 a month. I pay $3.99/mo to Tivo, but no one would care, because you can't get that anymore. 

I bought Microsoft shares when it went public, and I don't need to worry about how much my phone bill is. 

rated:
Technologist said:   7 years ago this month, I switch to Ooma.  Saved nearly $6,000 over what my landline phone bill used to be.  Grandfathered in old plan (PAY NOTHING)

I've been using Ooma for many years and am quite happy with it. I do pay the taxes and fees shown below. Are you saying that the earlier customers do not have to pay these taxes/fees? Does Ooma subsidize them or is there some regulatory magic that the earlier devices weren't considered telephone service? Just curious.
Regulatory Compliance Fee: $1.98
911 Service Fee: $1.79
Federal Universal Service Charge and Regulatory Fees: $0.33
State 911: $0.60
Total: $4.70

rated:
ocean935 said:   Friends in India are bugging me to get an Ooma/Obi for them so they can make free calls to the US. Read: bug me even more.

I don't have a clue how they will use it. Apparently, I need to set it up before I send it to them.
Would someone here please post a 101 on the required steps? Or point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

You go to the Oooma website and register the equipment -- there is an ID on the bottom of each box -- you include your billing info and you select the phone number that you want to use from a list that are available for your area code.
There are also several things that you set up that are part of the free 90 day trial of Premier, like forwarding your voice mails, notifying you if a 911 call is placed, adding a second number.   You can review what features are part of the Premier service vs basic service on the Ooma website, but you will automatically be signed up for the Premier trial and it will continue to be billed to you at $9.99 per month until you cancel it.
Once you have completed the registration/activation, you plug the box into an open port on your router (or you buy the version that includes a wireless/bluetooth dongle if you don't want to use it near a router) and you plug a phone into the phone port.  
That's it.   It is then ready to go.

rated:
ocean935 said:   Friends in India are bugging me to get an Ooma/Obi for them so they can make free calls to the US. Read: bug me even more.

Thanks.

It's exactly same as registering Obihai for yourself (use your friend's Gmail address or create a new one).
Once registered you can take (send) it anywhere.

rated:
Thanks much. Is it similar with Obi?
And after I am done, can the doodad travel the world for "domestic" calls to the US?

rated:
ocean935 said:   Thanks much. Is it similar with Obi?
And after I am done, can the doodad travel the world for "domestic" calls to the US?

Obihai gives you a separate Obihai phone number. Calls from one Obihai to other using this Obihai # are free and can be done from anywhere in the world.
I don't think you can use GV number to make calls from anywhere in the world (only US).

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
marcopolomle said:   
cows123 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

I have 2 lifetime tivos, but not going there either.

To answer your point... If I had to pay 5 or even 10 bucks a month, I'd be very happy with Ooma.  I'm old, and have been paying for phone service for forever.  so next to free would be great.  Amortizing the cost of my ooma, it is nearly free.  at 5 bucks a month, still nearly free.

Now back to my question above... can comeone point me to a good freedom pop thread, if that is a good way to go with a spare tmo phone that I want to use as an emergency phone, or for texts and some light surfing?

rated:
Technologist said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
marcopolomle said:   
cows123 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

To answer your point... If I had to pay 5 or even 10 bucks a month, I'd be very happy with Ooma.  I'm old, and have been paying for phone service for forever.  so next to free would be great.  Amortizing the cost of my ooma, it is nearly free.  at 5 bucks a month, still nearly free.

Now back to my question above... can comeone point me to a good freedom pop thread, if that is a good way to go with a spare tmo phone that I want to use as an emergency phone, or for texts and some light surfing?

The point I was trying to make was why pay at all ?
I got one Obihai OBi200 and I was so satisfied that I bought another one to use as dedicated FAX (from the money I saved by NOT buying ooma)

For FreedomPoop this and this is a good thread with lot of useful info and this is the one you want to buy

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017