SanDisk Ultra 256GB USB 3.0 Type A Flash Drive (SDCZ48-256G-A46) - $49.99 FS @ Best Buy - DotD

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

SanDisk256
Disclaimer
For one day only, Best Buy has the SanDisk Ultra 256GB USB 3.0 Type A Flash Drive (SDCZ48-256G-A46)  on sale for $49.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This is only $2.00 higher than Amazon's lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel

• 256GB Capacity
  • SanDisk SecureAccess Software
  • 5 Years Limited Warranty

Rated 4.8/5 stars with 765 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $63.59 from B&H.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It appears these drives have EXTREMELY slow write speeds. How low? So low that SanDisk doesn't disclose them on their site:
SlowDisk

They don't even mention the write speeds in their overview. Once you go to specs you see this:
Transfer speeds up to 100MB/s, write speeds lower2

Then when you follow the "2" note it still just says:
write speed lower and varies by capacity.

Very pathetic.

I bought one last time they were on sale. They are indeed very slow with writes. I'm using mine to permanently store MP3s, and only occasionally update it to write additional files. So, I don't mind so much. Good price for the capacity.

I would NOT want to to use this if I were writing large files to it on a consistent basis.

kdn102 said:   It appears these drives have EXTREMELY slow write speeds. How low? So low that SanDisk doesn't disclose them on their site:
https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-usb

They don't even mention the write speeds in their overview. Once you go to specs you see this:
Transfer speeds up to 100MB/s, write speeds lower2

Then when you follow the "2" note it still just says:
write speed lower and varies by capacity.

Very pathetic.

Sounds like they just painted the connector blue & called it USB3. 

kdn102 said:   Slowdisk

I'm totally stealing that joke. Their quality has been really disappointing as of late.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017