• filter:

EOS Rebel SL1 with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Kit Black Refurbished $298.99 FS @ Canon

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-sl1-18-55-is-stm-...

"As the world's most compact and lightweight full-featured DSLR*, the new EOS Rebel SL1 is small in size but enormous in performance. With a newly-designed Canon 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and speedy Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor, it delivers images of extraordinary quality - ideal for those stepping up from a smartphone or compact camera. An impressive ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600) for stills and 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for video plus up to 4.0 fps continuous shooting make this camera the go-to for any photo opportunity, even in dim lighting or when capturing fast action subjects. And Hybrid CMOS AF II delivers accurate AF tracking during Live View shooting, helping ensure your photos and movies are crisp and clear. The EOS Rebel SL1 makes amazing movies with Canon EOS Full HD Movie Mode with Movie Servo AF, working in concert with Canon STM lenses for smooth and quiet continuous AF. In addition to its Optical Viewfinder, the EOS Rebel SL1 has a bright, wide Touch Screen 3.0" Clear View LCD monitor II, perfect for viewing a number of special scene modes and Creative Filters available in real-time display. Here is the DSLR you'll want to bring with you everyday and ignite your imagination!"

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I purchased this camera last year around the same price from Canon. Love it. Pair it with a few low-cost lenses (nifty-50 which goes for around $100) and others and you can do almost anything.

It is 4-5 year old technology (current Canon consumer DSLRs are in the 24 megapixel range) but if you are looking for a decent starting DSLR this is a good purchase for the price.

It's not a 70D or a $1500 DSLR but much better than any point and click!

rated:
mikemantis said:   I purchased this camera last year around the same price from Canon. Love it. Pair it with a few low-cost lenses (nifty-50 which goes for around $100) and others and you can do almost anything.

It is 4-5 year old technology (current Canon consumer DSLRs are in the 24 megapixel range) but if you are looking for a decent starting DSLR this is a good purchase for the price.

Much agreed. You would be very hard pressed to find a camera that has these features, specs and changeable lenses for anywhere near this price. The SL1 is smaller than the typical Rebels as well so its that much easier to justify getting rid of your point and shoot for a DSLR

rated:
mikemantis said:   I purchased this camera last year around the same price from Canon. Love it. Pair it with a few low-cost lenses (nifty-50 which goes for around $100) and others and you can do almost anything.

The MP is mostly a marketing thing. The sensor size is what counts, and this is an APS-C-sized sensor like any other Canon EOS Rebel or Canon EOS x0D or even the 7D II, and larger than 4/3 as well. This is a great value for the money. The photos you can get from something like this, especially in a dark (e.g. party) room are in a different league from what a cell phone or p&s will struggle to get. Not to mention you can take photos from an optical viewfinder, like on a pro D-SLR, and can focus and get shots that toys cannot.

rated:
New Canon T6 with 2 lenses, Canon Pro-100 printer and 50 sheets of Canon 11X17 paper was $349 after $350 rebate last week.
I'm sure it will show up again for a similiar price in another week or two.
I've bought the same deal twice in the last two months.

rated:
Total newbie looking to improve on cameraphone / p&s. Does this come with a good general purpose lens or do I need to purchase another lens to start??

rated:
The 18-55mm "kit lens" is pretty good to start out. I honestly use it 90% of the time unless I'm doing something specialized (formal portraits, night shooting, fast action).

Some may chime in saying its a "piece of plastic" or not good, but it is 100x better than your camera phone or point and shoot.

If you want another specialized lens, look for the "nifty 50" and spend the $100ish on it. It is a great fixed lens.

I have this camera (moved up from a T2i) and get it, you won't regret it.

Accessories are available on Amazon for very cheap as well.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017