TracFone LG Rebel + 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 Text/1200MB $49.99 FS @ Tracfone/eBay

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TracFone LG Rebel 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 Text/1200MB
Disclaimer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282399277161?

Specification

• 4G LTE
  • 4.5" touchscreen display
  • Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
  • 1.1GHz quad-core processor
  • 5MP camera/2MP front facing camera/video recorder
  • WiFi capable
  • Bluetooth v4.1 wireless technology
  • Access to over 1,000,000 apps and more on Google Play
  • MP3 player
  • Proximity sensor
  • A-GPS/GPS capabilities
  • Talk Time: up to 9 h
  • Standby Time: up to 9 days

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
OOS !

sumoposob (May. 14, 2017 @ 1:51p) |

I got my phone the other day, and much to my surprise it included​ a case, 12v charger and software bundle like a HSN or... (more)

Larryslug (May. 19, 2017 @ 7:52p) |

What is the best way to transfer number and units from my old lg fuel to this new Rebel and also retain the 1200 units t... (more)

foxhopper (Jun. 10, 2017 @ 9:29p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does anyone know which carrier network will this phone use? Verizon?

Does anyone know if I can buy this and then switch the service to my own unlocked iPhone?

The 1200/1200/1200 totals are for the 365 days, not per month, correct?

TrueMark said:   Does anyone know which carrier network will this phone use? Verizon?
  I believe it is AT&T.

This is a CDMA phone, so it uses Verizon.

prolyfik said:   
The 1200/1200/1200 totals are for the 365 days, not per month, correct?

correct

Thanks for the confirmation.

prolyfik said:   Does anyone know if I can buy this and then switch the service to my own unlocked iPhone?

AFAIK, the Tracfone minutes are tied to the Tracfone that you buy.  You cannot just switch the service to an non-Tracfone.  (Maybe you can but you won't get the double/triple minutes)  

This is such a great deal how can they even offer that lol 
At this price even as a backup it would work

prolyfik said:   Does anyone know if I can buy this and then switch the service to my own unlocked iPhone?

Most likely but check your phone here.
Also read here
You'll need a TracFone BYOP Activation kit which you can buy from Amazon/Walmart/Bestbuy where they are frequently on sale.
Also you can ask for help in this thread where tracfancier is very helpful in guiding through the process.

Here's what happened to me:

I bought a similar deal ($70) for my daughter 4 months ago with LG Sunset plus 1 year of service to include about 1300/1300/1300. 3 months later, the phone died so they replace the phone. During the time waiting for the phone replacement, I took the SIM card from the LG Sunset and place into an unlocked AT&T phone (LG E970) and it worked. Therefore in my case, the Tracfone SIM did work on a GSM unlocked phone so my guess is the SIM should also work on an unlocked GSM iPhone. However, I am not in anyway taking responsibility for this but merely stating the facts of what happened to me.

OverRuled said:   Here's what happened to me:

I bought a similar deal ($70) for my daughter 4 months ago with LG Sunset plus 1 year of service to include about 1300/1300/1300. 3 months later, the phone died so they replace the phone. During the time waiting for the phone replacement, I took the SIM card from the LG Sunset and place into an unlocked AT&T phone (LG E970) and it worked. Therefore in my case, the Tracfone SIM did work on a GSM unlocked phone so my guess is the SIM should also work on an unlocked GSM iPhone. However, I am not in anyway taking responsibility for this but merely stating the facts of what happened to me.

Yes, thing are as simple as that with GSM phones especially if no network change is required.
However, as Larryslug has said this is a CDMA phone so you'll need a TracFone BYOP Activation kit to transfer the service to another phone.

If I currently have an active Tracfone, is there an easy process to buy this deal and then transfer the minutes etc and phone number from my old account/phone to this new one?

I do it every year. You can then sell the old phone on eBay and cut your cost even further, It is not hard at all to sell a phone that is only a year old. I always include whatever extras came with the phone originally. Always have a new phone and plenty of minutes.

brownfam3 said:   I do it every year. You can then sell the old phone on eBay and cut your cost even further, It is not hard at all to sell a phone that is only a year old. I always include whatever extras came with the phone originally. Always have a new phone and plenty of minutes.

I have a several years old smartphone with Tracfone. Can I upgrade to this phone keeping my number and mins/texts/data and add on the 1200mins/1200texts/1200MB?  

Will this work for Uber or Lyft?

I heard some phones and/or carriers will not work with their app.

Nice deal

cmcdan1524 said:   Will this work for Uber or Lyft?

I heard some phones and/or carriers will not work with their app.

It might work but you would probably pay more for the data usage.

No tripple minutes for life, though - right.

pretty much last call for this one - only about 60 of these left with over 200 sold in the last 24 hrs. I just picked one up. I'll figure out how to merge my existing minutes after.

compfan03 said:   No tripple minutes for life, though - right.
  Yeah, i don't see that advertised anywhere either. Might not be worth giving up TMFL

Tracfone smartphones/byop are tmfl, unless you buy a smartphone only plan. Notice how this device is bundled with the equivalent of a 400 min year card?

Great news Larryslug. Thanks

Out of Stock

OOS !

I got my phone the other day, and much to my surprise it included​ a case, 12v charger and software bundle like a HSN order gets. It is a tmfl phone, assuming Tracfone doesn't stop allowing smartphones to use regular airtime cards in the future. Honestly though I'm to the point I can just pay $50 to extend my service a year.

What is the best way to transfer number and units from my old lg fuel to this new Rebel and also retain the 1200 units that comes with the new Rebel?

I have been searching Howard Forums and everywhere else but having a hard time finding anything specific.

Thanks in advance. I'm having some health problems and my brain isn't working at top speed lately...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017