This deal has expired.

Staples, another $5 free reward (YMMV)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Today I got another email from Staples giving out a $5 certificate
Subject - SURPRISE! $5 Staples gift reward inside.
Check your emails.

As a side note, I have not shopped in a Staples in about 30 days so this might trigger it.
Exp 5/18

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

Staples (10.27kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I got this email a minute after my rewards for the month,
I shopped there at least a dozen times in the last month, and also did dot com order as well

rated:
I haven't shopped since I used the last mystery coupon and the last mystery coupon before that and I got one

rated:
When they did this a few months ago, I mentioned that I used to get hadn't gotten any of these emails in almost a year, and went onto the website to find in their settings I was opted out of emails for some reason. And in going through my email account, I found that I had been receiving daily emails from them until one day in June of last year when I bought a Target e-gift card on their website, and somehow after that day, I never got another email from them ever again. I opted back in and I've now gotten this and the cleaning products one from a week or so ago, so apparently that did the trick... but my point is, if you have a Staples account and don't get these, I'd check on that.

As another data point, the only thing I've bought at Staples in the past few years are gift cards from American Express offers (which I haven't had one since last June) and uni-ball ink pens (and I've only bought THOSE when I get emails like this and the mystery offers).

rated:
Got it too. But it won't let me apply it to a $9- ink purchase. The fine print does not have any minimum or ink restriction. So why wouldn't it work?

rated:
Something weird happened today when I used this $5 coupon. I bought a ream of Hammermill paper that had a $5.30 rebate. I used the 1 cent after Easy Rebate and $5 Rewards coupons and paid the other thirty something cents with a credit card, but when I got home I realized my sales receipt did not have a barcode printed on it. It had the up and down lines but no numbers under that. I called the Staples store to ask them what's up and I gave him the last four digits of my payment card and a few minutes later he read me the barcode number over the phone. Let's hope it works. Maybe Staples is not allowing you to monetize gift rewards anymore. Has anyone else ran into this?

Another thing I noticed is that after the cashier scanned my Rewards card, all available rewards showed in the device where you normally sign your name after using a credit card at the register.

The only reason I go into Staples these days is to redeem these free $5 Rewards coupons they periodically send out.

Here is a good way to use the $5 gift rewards this week: Buy Scott paper towels (8 Mega rolls) that are on sale for $5.99 normally $9.99 making them $1.07 out the door.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Something weird happened today when I used this $5 coupon. I bought a ream of Hammermill paper that had a $5.30 rebate. I used the 1 cent after Easy Rebate and $5 Rewards coupons and paid the other thirty something cents with a credit card, but when I got home I realized my sales receipt did not have a barcode printed on it. It had the up and down lines but no numbers under that. I called the Staples store to ask them what's up and I gave him the last four digits of my payment card and a few minutes later he read me the barcode number over the phone. Let's hope it works. Maybe Staples is not allowing you to monetize gift rewards anymore. Has anyone else ran into this?

Another thing I noticed is that after the cashier scanned my Rewards card, all available rewards showed in the device where you normally sign your name after using a credit card at the register.

The only reason I go into Staples these days is to redeem these free $5 Rewards coupons they periodically send out.

Here is a good way to use the $5 gift rewards this week: Buy Scott paper towels (8 Mega rolls) that are on sale for $5.99 normally $9.99 making them $1.07 out the door.

Did the rebate form and rebate receipt print out?

rated:
george2001 said:   
MrVietnam said:   Something weird happened today when I used this $5 coupon. I bought a ream of Hammermill paper that had a $5.30 rebate. I used the 1 cent after Easy Rebate and $5 Rewards coupons and paid the other thirty something cents with a credit card, but when I got home I realized my sales receipt did not have a barcode printed on it. It had the up and down lines but no numbers under that. I called the Staples store to ask them what's up and I gave him the last four digits of my payment card and a few minutes later he read me the barcode number over the phone. Let's hope it works. Maybe Staples is not allowing you to monetize gift rewards anymore. Has anyone else ran into this?

Did the rebate form and rebate receipt print out?

Yes, they both printed out.

rated:
If the item is 5 dollars then item plus tax is $5.30. If you use coupon, item is free with no tax.

rated:
I haven't received any coupons or deals for months.  Checked my account an I too had be "unsubscribed" from coupon notifications.  Thanks for the tip.

rated:

I had the same problem with my receipt not showing the 17 digit transaction code at the bottom.  A store manager was able to reproduce the number and I used it for my rebate submission. The submission worked fine.

However, the $5 rewards by email does not show a coupon code.  Printing out the coupon is pointless as it does not show my rewards number or coupon code.

rated:
got it last two times. I rarely shop there anymore only with these

rated:
I got the $5 we missed you card.. but I let it expire, doh!
I got the 5 ream case for $1 ($3.40 after tax) anyway recently. I'll probably spend the rebate card on groceries right away.
The reason I don't buy paper all that much anymore is I have 25 reams warehoused from previous deals! I only put 6k copies/prints on my laser so far. I'll try to split and give away 5 reams soon! Who couldn't use free paper...?

rated:
So what did people buy with it? I didn't make it to the store to buy the paper, so ended up buying a LED bulb for a dollar. Most were out of stock or not available.

rated:
I bought some magnets

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017