• filter:

HP F800X Full HD 1080p Dash Cam - $59.99 at Newegg

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C3DZ3218

Newegg ha the HP F800X Full HD 1080p Dash Cam on sale for $59.99 with free shipping. This is $20 cheaper than a month ago when it was last mentioned in the forums

• 2.7" Touch Screen
  • Full HD 1080p Resolution at 30f
  • 30-feet-per-second
  • 140-degree wide angle lens
  • 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixels
  • Micro SD/HC Card, up to 32GB
  • GPS Receiver Logs Speed and Direction

A credible Autocare Depot via eBay has the next lowest price for $79.99.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
ShoppingChick said:   

• 30-feet-per-second

That's only 20 mph.  Not fast enough to capture most driving.
Yes, I know they meant frames per second.

rated:
Is this dual cam, outside and inside captures? else pass ...

any idea on night or evening low light capture performance?

rated:
The pics clearly show that one side is lens and the other side is viewer so, it's not dual cam.

rated:
What's the benefit of dual lens?  For viewing the rear as well, or to prove that the driver was not distracted in the event of an incident?

rated:
FuriousGeorge11 said:   What's the benefit of dual lens?  For viewing the rear as well, or to prove that the driver was not distracted in the event of an incident?
Probably in case someone hits you from behind?

rated:
Or if you're using the vehicle as a taxi or ride sharing  service.

rated:
Thing is if you are hit from behind you are most likely NOT at fault. Dual camera is good if you are a cabby, trucker, or run a business from your car where recording faces in your care might be useful. However you aren't going to see squat out your back window from a camera mounted on the front window.

From looking at the videos (no depth reviews in english) it looks like a GOOD camera for $59. Youve got solid 1080p performance in the day and the night is colorful and detailed but the shutter is open for a significant amount of time causing lots of motion blur. There is plenty of detail to identify what happened but if you are looking for license plates, at speed you are only going to reliably see whats infront of you directly, and don't count on anything at night. The high shutter speed blurs everything if there is any motion. Again par for the course.

Having done dash cams for a while they tend to be plagued with the worst batteries, maybe a couple minutes of battery life. Harsh daytime temps are killer for a battery and after a passage of time that battery turns into seconds. After a year I have to plug it in if I need to mess with the settings or it will die before I can do anything. I won't consider them any more, my next will be capacitor based.

rated:
jeffmd said:   Thing is if you are hit from behind you are most likely NOT at fault. Dual camera is good if you are a cabby, trucker, or run a business from your car where recording faces in your care might be useful. However you aren't going to see squat out your back window from a camera mounted on the front window.

From looking at the videos (no depth reviews in english) it looks like a GOOD camera for $59. Youve got solid 1080p performance in the day and the night is colorful and detailed but the shutter is open for a significant amount of time causing lots of motion blur. There is plenty of detail to identify what happened but if you are looking for license plates, at speed you are only going to reliably see whats infront of you directly, and don't count on anything at night. The high shutter speed blurs everything if there is any motion. Again par for the course.

Having done dash cams for a while they tend to be plagued with the worst batteries, maybe a couple minutes of battery life. Harsh daytime temps are killer for a battery and after a passage of time that battery turns into seconds. After a year I have to plug it in if I need to mess with the settings or it will die before I can do anything. I won't consider them any more, my next will be capacitor based.

Helpful Review!

rated:
jeffmd said:   Thing is if you are hit from behind you are most likely NOT at fault. Dual camera is good if you are a cabby, trucker, or run a business from your car where recording faces in your care might be useful. However you aren't going to see squat out your back window from a camera mounted on the front window.

The camera is "evidence" when shit happen.  So if they claim you hit them despite it's from behind, you have proof.

Capacitor isn't great with heat either.  Most are made to properly pop/leak when it's too hot.  Battery is the cheapest way to go right now.  You won't find any cap for devices any time soon.

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   

Capacitor isn't great with heat either.  Most are made to properly pop/leak when it's too hot.  Battery is the cheapest way to go right now.  You won't find any cap for devices any time soon.

???  There are lots of capacitor dash cams.  G1WC, Rexing, SpyTec, to name a few.

rated:
Compact and tidy format with great resolution and width of view which makes is almost out of view tucked behind rear view mirror.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017