Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished) for $30 @ Staples

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Arris SURFboard SB6183 Refurbished Cable Modem
Disclaimer
Staples has Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished) on sale for $29.99.
Shipping is free for Reward Members (free to signup), otherwise you may select free store pickup where stock permits.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My 6141, model below this is already 'end of life' on Comcast systems. Tech told me that last week. Not that they won't work, as they should, but not sure if they give you a hard time activating one (say a backup) if they don't support it

This is a GREAT price.

Definitely an excellent price. Ordered 1. Thanks OP!

Excellent price, and excellent modem.

MeIsCheap said:   My 6141, model below this is already 'end of life' on Comcast systems. Tech told me that last week. Not that they won't work, as they should, but not sure if they give you a hard time activating one (say a backup) if they don't support it
 You just plug it in. I just started using a 6121 a few months ago, that I got cheap at a yard sale. No activation. It does lose connection a lot, but so did my previous Motorola SURFboard SB5100 (made by Zebra).  I read recently that the Arris modems are noted for this.  So I'm wondering what brand is better.

Edit: Seems maybe my 6121 is made by Zebra too. Confusing.

Slickone said:   
MeIsCheap said:   My 6141, model below this is already 'end of life' on Comcast systems. Tech told me that last week. Not that they won't work, as they should, but not sure if they give you a hard time activating one (say a backup) if they don't support it
 You just plug it in. I just started using a 6121 a few months ago, that I got cheap at a yard sale. No activation. It does lose connection a lot, but so did my previous Motorola SURFboard SB5100 (made by Zebra).  I read recently that the Arris modems are noted for this.  So I'm wondering what brand is better.

How can it work without Comcast propagating it?  They need to enter the MAC address in your account for it to work.

With Comcast, you can register the modem yourself (with your user name and password) when you first turn on the modem.

Dead ? shows $44.99 for me

ach1199 said:   
Slickone said:   

How can it work without Comcast propagating it?  They need to enter the MAC address in your account for it to work.

You used to.  Not anymore.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017