Samsung - Buy a Galaxy S8, Get One Free After Rebate (T-mobile) - Samsung Financing Available

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/t-mobile-free-galaxy-s8-... 

"You will receive a rebate of up to $750 via your original method of purchase when you activate on the T-Mobile network through Samsung.com."

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S8
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just checked my credit card and $750 refund shows up at 06/04/2017. I only activated one S8 on T-Mobile. But still waiti... (more)

davegcar (Jun. 16, 2017 @ 11:52a) |

Samsung brought this deal back for father's day.

rjblt (Jun. 19, 2017 @ 11:47a) |

Were you able to activate without adding a new line?

rjblt (Jun. 19, 2017 @ 12:48p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you OP!!
This deal is much better than T-Mobile deal as the rebate will be in form of refund back to credit in 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS, NOT WEEKS OR MONTHS, NO REQUIREMENT OF SIGNING UP FOR NEW UNLIMITED LINE, Only activation required.
Too bad, no VR, but that's OK. Still have 4 that I don't use from the S7 deal last year.
2 FREE Tablets is a plus. Works better than getting 2 VRs.

Do we need to add a new line for this promotion?

It does not say anything about adding a new line. Only activation through Samsung.com is required.

Where are the two free tablets?

My bad, no tablets. Only free case with stand.

PatioFurniture said:   http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/t-mobile-free-galaxy-s8-... 

"You will receive a rebate of up to $750 via your original method of purchase when you activate on the T-Mobile network through Samsung. com."

I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger,
Don't forget about 2% S8 CB which would be $30 from  ebates, Samsung. com
So you also get 2,Galaxy S8+/S8 Entertainment Kit, plus 6 months of Netflix.

Thinking about this but there has been no real confirmation on the need to add a line vs adding it to an existing line.  The other deal site has a huge thread on this deal.

Step 2 clearly says activate a line on T-Mobile network. Doesn't this imply adding a new line?

ihaslittledolla said:   Step 2 clearly says activate a line on T-Mobile network. Doesn't this imply adding a new line?
  Some have been told different by Samsung CSR's.  But I would think a new line is needed.

Here's the official BOGO T&C. It says nothing about needing to add a line.

Samsung Galaxy S8 BOGO (T-Mobile Devices)
Terms and Conditions

Samsung GALAXY S8 BOGO OFFER: Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC res. For a limited time, subject to change, on Samsung.com only beginning May 17th 2017 at 2:00PM EST, purchase two eligible Galaxy devices (either Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+) designed for the T-Mobile network and activate at least one of those eligible devices on the T-Mobile network via Samsung.com, either at the time of purchase or within 14 days of your receipt of the eligible device, and receive a refund of up to $750 of the out-of-pocket purchase price of the lower priced eligible device (after any credits, rebates or other offers and excluding any taxes or shipping or other fees) to original payment method (“Refund”). Eligible devices are either a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ phone (T-Mobile versions only). Refunds will be on the lower priced device only and will be processed within 7 – 10 business days from the date on which the eligible device has been fully activated on the T-Mobile network via Samsung.com. Samsung will issue Refund to the same payment type used to complete the purchase. Monthly postpaid voice & data plan activation required on T-Mobile network on at least one of the two devices being purchased. Activation must be completed through Samsung.com. Qualifying purchases must be made on Samsung.com at full retail price, either through outright purchase or financed through the Samsung Financing Program. Full pre-rebate retail price of both devices, as well as applicable tax on the full retail price of both devices, is due at sale, unless purchase is financed.

Financing is offered for well-qualified consumers at 0% APR for 24 Months with Equal Payments: 0% APR from date of eligible purchase until paid in full. Monthly payment equals the eligible purchase amount multiplied by .04167 and rounded to the nearest penny. Last payment may be less. Total amount of payments will not exceed eligible purchase amount. Other transactions and fees affect overall minimum payment amount. Advertised payment amount excludes taxes, delivery or other charges. Limited time offer. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases. Minimum interest charge: $1. Standard Purchase APR: 29.99%. Prior purchases excluded. Account must be in good standing. Subject to credit approval. Samsung Financing Program Account issued by TD Bank, N.A.

Activation is subject to wireless customer agreement with T-Mobile. Deposit may apply. Fees may apply. Credit approval, taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restrictions may apply. See www.t-mobile.com for details on fees & charges. Offer Limits: May not be combinable with other offers, discounts or credits. Participation in this offer may make you ineligible for select other offers. Promotion, terms, and restrictions are subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

comodosky said:   

Even better, if you have a Discover card it's 10% CB through DiscoverDeals!! 

EDIT: DiscoverDeals excludes phones. *sad trombone*

horspowr1001 said:   Here's the official BOGO T&C. It says nothing about needing to add a line.

Samsung Galaxy S8 BOGO (T-Mobile Devices)
Terms and Conditions

Samsung GALAXY S8 BOGO OFFER: Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC res. For a limited time, subject to change, on Samsung. com only beginning May 17th 2017 at 2:00PM EST, purchase two eligible Galaxy devices (either Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+) designed for the T-Mobile network and activate at least one of those eligible devices on the T-Mobile network via Samsung. com, either at the time of purchase or within 14 days of your receipt of the eligible device, and receive a refund of up to $750 of the out-of-pocket purchase price of the lower priced eligible device (after any credits, rebates or other offers and excluding any taxes or shipping or other fees) to original payment method (“Refund”). Eligible devices are either a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ phone (T-Mobile versions only). Refunds will be on the lower priced device only and will be processed within 7 – 10 business days from the date on which the eligible device has been fully activated on the T-Mobile network via Samsung. com. Samsung will issue Refund to the same payment type used to complete the purchase. Monthly postpaid voice & data plan activation required on T-Mobile network on at least one of the two devices being purchased. Activation must be completed through Samsung. com. Qualifying purchases must be made on Samsung. com at full retail price, either through outright purchase or financed through the Samsung Financing Program. Full pre-rebate retail price of both devices, as well as applicable tax on the full retail price of both devices, is due at sale, unless purchase is financed.

Financing is offered for well-qualified consumers at 0% APR for 24 Months with Equal Payments: 0% APR from date of eligible purchase until paid in full. Monthly payment equals the eligible purchase amount multiplied by .04167 and rounded to the nearest penny. Last payment may be less. Total amount of payments will not exceed eligible purchase amount. Other transactions and fees affect overall minimum payment amount. Advertised payment amount excludes taxes, delivery or other charges. Limited time offer. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases. Minimum interest charge: $1. Standard Purchase APR: 29.99%. Prior purchases excluded. Account must be in good standing. Subject to credit approval. Samsung Financing Program Account issued by TD Bank, N.A.

Activation is subject to wireless customer agreement with T-Mobile.  Deposit may apply. Fees may apply. Credit approval, taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restrictions may apply. See www.t-mobile.com for details on fees & charges. Offer Limits: May not be combinable with other offers, discounts or credits. Participation in this offer may make you ineligible for select other offers. Promotion, terms, and restrictions are subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

So if I get deal, have service for 1 month from tmobile and cancel following month, i should be able to get rebate,..... right?

dafish said:   
ihaslittledolla said:   Step 2 clearly says activate a line on T-Mobile network. Doesn't this imply adding a new line?
  Some have been told different by Samsung CSR's.  But I would think a new line is needed.

So both of the phone has to be activate it? or just one?

horspowr1001 said:   
comodosky said:   

Discover CB does not apply to phone.  Sorry.  Best bet is Ebates, which gives you 2%.

comodosky said:   
dafish said:   
  Some have been told different by Samsung CSR's.  But I would think a new line is needed.

So both of the phone has to be activate it? or just one?

Just one.  

I would be careful with Samsung rebates. I am still waiting for $200 cash back for signing up for Samsung pay

comodosky said:   
horspowr1001 said:   Here's the official BOGO T&C. It says nothing about needing to add a line.

Samsung Galaxy S8 BOGO (T-Mobile Devices)
Terms and Conditions

Samsung GALAXY S8 BOGO OFFER: Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC res. For a limited time, subject to change, on Samsung. com only beginning May 17th 2017 at 2:00PM EST, purchase two eligible Galaxy devices (either Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+) designed for the T-Mobile network and activate at least one of those eligible devices on the T-Mobile network via Samsung. com, either at the time of purchase or within 14 days of your receipt of the eligible device, and receive a refund of up to $750 of the out-of-pocket purchase price of the lower priced eligible device (after any credits, rebates or other offers and excluding any taxes or shipping or other fees) to original payment method (“Refund”). Eligible devices are either a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ phone (T-Mobile versions only). Refunds will be on the lower priced device only and will be processed within 7 – 10 business days from the date on which the eligible device has been fully activated on the T-Mobile network via Samsung. com. Samsung will issue Refund to the same payment type used to complete the purchase. Monthly postpaid voice & data plan activation required on T-Mobile network on at least one of the two devices being purchased. Activation must be completed through Samsung. com. Qualifying purchases must be made on Samsung. com at full retail price, either through outright purchase or financed through the Samsung Financing Program. Full pre-rebate retail price of both devices, as well as applicable tax on the full retail price of both devices, is due at sale, unless purchase is financed.

Financing is offered for well-qualified consumers at 0% APR for 24 Months with Equal Payments: 0% APR from date of eligible purchase until paid in full. Monthly payment equals the eligible purchase amount multiplied by .04167 and rounded to the nearest penny. Last payment may be less. Total amount of payments will not exceed eligible purchase amount. Other transactions and fees affect overall minimum payment amount. Advertised payment amount excludes taxes, delivery or other charges. Limited time offer. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases. Minimum interest charge: $1. Standard Purchase APR: 29.99%. Prior purchases excluded. Account must be in good standing. Subject to credit approval. Samsung Financing Program Account issued by TD Bank, N.A.

Activation is subject to wireless customer agreement with T-Mobile.  Deposit may apply. Fees may apply. Credit approval, taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restrictions may apply. See www.t-mobile.com for details on fees & charges. Offer Limits: May not be combinable with other offers, discounts or credits. Participation in this offer may make you ineligible for select other offers. Promotion, terms, and restrictions are subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

So if I get deal, have service for 1 month from tmobile and cancel following month, i should be able to get rebate,..... right?

You should wait after you received the rebate.

sekharnet said:   I would be careful with Samsung rebates. I am still waiting for $200 cash back for signing up for Samsung pay
  Same for me.  I got email confirmation of submission and approval.  Never got any money.  Frankly, that's the only thing holding me back from this deal.  Don't trust Samsung at all.

Would love to jump on this but nervous after seeing negative comments about the Samsung pay promotion.

Do you have to first purchase the phones then activate? This seems odd as I would think you could activate and buy at the sametime. Not feeling this is 100% certain.

This promotion is ALL about adding new lines. T-Mobile doesn't give a rat's ass about giving you a phone deal.

myisland said:   This promotion is ALL about adding new lines. T-Mobile doesn't give a rat's ass about giving you a phone deal.
  Just open a new line, and keep the new line for 4 months to qualify for the promotion.  The initial payment is about $220 for the down payment and taxes for both phones.  About 6 to 8 weeks and after you received $750 master gift card, then you could pay off the first phone.  

Sorry all, somewhat confused. So it must be a brand new line, can we not activate an existing T-Mobile line?

I must stop being an eager "early adopter" for new products. I'm going to wait since I have no reason to upgrade my phone other than the Samsung 8+ is "cool".
Must refrain from eating the marshmallow.

FWjunkie2 said:   I must stop being an eager "early adopter" for new products. I'm going to wait since I have no reason to upgrade my phone other than the Samsung 8+ is "cool".

Agree with that.  You got to pay to play.

FWjunkie2 said:   I must stop being an eager "early adopter" for new products. I'm going to wait since I have no reason to upgrade my phone other than the Samsung 8+ is "cool".

Resistance is futile.
TCB (topcashback) is also offering 2% for Samsung.com

tn4304 said:   
  Discover CB does not apply to phone.  Sorry.  Best bet is Ebates, which gives you 2%.

Crap.  Should have read that a bit closer

mosecho said:     Resistance is futile.
TCB (topcashback) is also offering 2% for Samsung. com

Nope for TCB:
Online Purchase
Please note; cashback not eligible on giftcards, home appliances products, mobile and mobile accessories products.
2%

Yes for ebates:
Cash Back Terms
Cash Back not available on gift cards, gift certificates, and home appliance.

More fuel for the fire............any risk takers

dafish said:   More fuel for the fire............any risk takers

" Samsung’s offer just requires that you activate one of the two S8s on an existing T-Mobile line through the Samsung website, after which the company will issue you a $750 refund to cover the second phone on your original method of payment within seven to ten days. "

Too bad I still haven't found a way to activate the phones on their site and both Tmobile and Samsung reps swear "activating" just means putting an active tmobile sim card into your phone and turning it on.

This deal obviously was not meant to go live, probably why it was pulled so quickly.

If you are having trouble with activation, the Samsung activation line is 866-265-4504.

The other problem is both phones are shipped network-locked by T-Mobile, and the "Device Unlock" app does not recognize the IMEI's of the phones shipped by Samsung. T-Mobile support says they cannot unlock phones that are not on the network. Hopefully you can take the one active SIM and unlock the second phone with it.

Activation's line told me the website for activation's is broken and they can't pull up orders. Try again in a few days. I said that makes no sense but she claimed that the new sim has to be activated on there site for the refund to be processed.

Anyone activated online on Samsung website yet?

Just checked my credit card and $750 refund shows up at 06/04/2017. I only activated one S8 on T-Mobile. But still waiting for the free "Entertainment kit" . Samsung Rep. said two weeks ago that it's not available yet and they'll ship out when it available.

Samsung brought this deal back for father's day.

davegcar said:   Just checked my credit card and $750 refund shows up at 06/04/2017. I only activated one S8 on T-Mobile. But still waiting for the free "Entertainment kit" . Samsung Rep. said two weeks ago that it's not available yet and they'll ship out when it available.

Were you able to activate without adding a new line?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017