Voting History
rated:

Wemo Switch Smart Plug (Certified Refurbished) $19.99 at ebay.com + FS
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was controlling a light on and off without any fuss. I'll buy more of these now I know they work so well.

Are these recommended for inductive loads (motors, such as fans) as well as resistive loads (light bulbs)?  A similar ancient product by X10 was resistive only, with a separate module for inductive loads. [Please, no need to tell me that X10 was carrier current signalling, and these are RF].

Down to $14.99!

PatioFurniture said:   Down to $14.99!
  That's a bit disappointing, but I guess it's a chance to dollar-cost average and buy two more.

I thought 19.99 was a good deal so I bought two. Now 14.99 and I'm looking for excuses to buy more. Green OP.

why wouldn't we go for the mini plug and only block 1 outlet for $5 less?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wi-Fi-Mini-Smart-Plug-Control-from-Anywh... 

Of my first two, one works and one doesn't. This isn't baseball, .500 sucks.

farbio said:   why wouldn't we go for the mini plug and only block 1 outlet for $5 less?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wi-Fi-Mini-Smart-Plug-Control-from-Anywh...

The OP is official Linksys Wemo.   This mini is NOT, it is some off-brand that uses it's own app to control the outlet.  If I have a house full of Wemo, I don't want to have to use a secondary app to control these off-brand plugs.

FJ  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017