• filter:

3-Piece Cooks Cast Iron Skillets for $14.99 at JCPenney.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
JCPenney.com has Great Prices on Select Cooks Cast Iron Cookware on sale for the prices below after promo code 44FORYOUShipping is free.  

More deals in the official JC Penney coupon thread.
Member Summary

JC Penney (2.56kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How much worse can these really be than Lodge? I mean, isn't cast iron cast iron? It all just soaks in a ton of heat and distributes evenly?

rated:
I own Lodge cast iron and other brands skillets and pots, I honestly do not see much differences between them. They all works the same. Although I did not own this particular set, but I think it is most likely pretty decent and the price is quite cheap for all 3 pcs.

rated:
Search on Youtube for the method to polish a cast iron pan with a cheap pad (a few bucks only) on a electric drill. I did it on a couple cheap pans in just minutes and got really smooth cooking surface like Griswold.

rated:
Great Deal but backordered and it refused the promocode for me.

rated:
I find cast iron extremely difficult to handle. Everything sticks to it, food smells horrible and it is very difficult to clean. Bought once and returned it.

rated:
We purchased these before, great pans, but do re-season them, the seasoning that's on them is basically non-existent (you should probably wash them anyways which will remove some of the seasoning as well).

rated:
Cast iron and carbon steel cookware need to be seasoned all the time.

Every time I done cooking, I wash them in hot water with the help of a scrubber (Lodge brand) and/or a bamboo scrubber. Then I will dry it with a towel and put it on the stove with heat. Before the cookware get hot, I apply a thin layer of coconut oil and spread it with a paper towel(other people suggest using flax seed oil, but coconut oil works for me). When the oil starts to smoke, I remove the cookware from the stove and let it cool down.

It is not 100% non-stick like those non-stick cookware, but it is manageable. If it is seasoned well, you can pan fry an egg without sticking at all. The egg can even slide on the skillet. On top of that, cast iron cookware provides significant amounts of dietary iron.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017