• filter:

Dell Latitude E7250 12.5? Laptop, Intel i5-5300U 2.3GHz, 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR3 $459.99 by woot at amazon.com + FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Dell Latitude E7250 12.5? Laptop, Intel i5-5300U 2.3GHz, 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR3
$459.99 by woot
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-E7250-i5-5300U-Windows/dp/B071DX19JW 

• Get reliable performance from the Intel Core i5-5300U 2.3GHz dual-core processor.
  • 256GB Self Encrypted Opal Compliant Solid State Drive
  • 8GB DDR3 memory - For multitasking power
  • Connect to a broadband modem or router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the built-in 802.11ac wireless connection
  • Enhanced viewing with the integrated Intel HD Graphics
  • Bluetooth

CPU Intel Core i5-5300U
Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro
RAM 8GB
RAM Upgradable to  
Hard Drive Size 256GB SSD
Hard Drive Speed  
Hard Drive Type SSD Drive
Secondary Hard Drive Size  
Secondary Hard Drive Speed  
Secondary Hard Drive Type  
Display Size 12.5
Native Resolution 1920x1080
Optical Drive  
Optical Drive Speed  
Graphics Card Intel HD 5500
Video Memory  
Wi-Fi  
Wi-Fi Model Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0+LE
Mobile Broadband  
Touchpad Size 3.9 x 2 inches
Ports (excluding USB) Kensington Lock
Ports (excluding USB) Mini DisplayPort
Ports (excluding USB) USB 3.0
Ports (excluding USB) DC-in
Ports (excluding USB) Ethernet
Ports (excluding USB) HDMI-out
Ports (excluding USB) Headphone
USB Ports 3
Card Slots Smart Card
Card Slots SD/SDHC Card reader
Warranty/Support One year warranty on parts and labor
Size 12.2 x 8.3 x 0.83 inches
Weight 3.4 pounds
Company Website www.dell.com

Member Summary

Dell Latitude Laptop (108.82kB)
Thanks anticlawson
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
5th gen i5 this has gotta be a refurb right?

rated:
I was wondering same thing, refurbished SSD may not have as much life left.

rated:
2cheap2eat said:   I was wondering same thing, refurbished SSD may not have as much life left.
  Dell outlet refurbs (not to be confused with "Dell refurbished," their off lease resale store), are typically customer returns or never used off-lease items and are generally in almost new condition.  I have a Latitude e7450 that I got from the Dell outlet last year and it was obviously unused.  If this is a refurb you can safely assume the SSD has very little use if any.

rated:
The Amazon page says: Condition : New
How can this then be refurb, certified, used, etc?

rated:
tommytom02 said:   
2cheap2eat said:   I was wondering same thing, refurbished SSD may not have as much life left.
  Dell outlet refurbs (not to be confused with "Dell refurbished," their off lease resale store), are typically customer returns or never used off-lease items and are generally in almost new condition.  I have a Latitude e7450 that I got from the Dell outlet last year and it was obviously unused.  If this is a refurb you can safely assume the SSD has very little use if any.

I agree completely, I've bought dozens of refurbs directly from Dell and been uniformly pleased with the condition, and an SSD should be of little concern with this recent model machine. My main concern would be warranty; Dell off lease comes standard with 90 days, longer is an upcharge. Dell refurbs come standard with one year. I searched the page and couldn't find any mention, so I sent them an inquiry; lots of unanswered questions for that listing (they only make inquiries visible when you make one, or when your question is answered). In this case I might advise shopping a bit more, check the actual Dell refurb and off-lease sites for prices and availability before taking the plunge. Close to $500 for a two (soon to be three) generation old machine is pretty high to leave things like condition and warranty as unanswered questions.

rated:
Would be helpful to know the screen resolution too.

rated:
KidCharliemain said:   Would be helpful to know the screen resolution too.
  I added specs to post.

rated:
ctgolfer said:   
KidCharliemain said:   Would be helpful to know the screen resolution too.
  I added specs to post.

Thanks so much I scoured the page and couldn't find that info

rated:
Goudo said:   The Amazon page says: Condition : New
How can this then be refurb, certified, used, etc?

Can't be too new, win 8.1 turns me off in a hurry and shows it's age with that OS  

rated:
OP edit says Windows 8.1 Pro, but item page says Windows 10 Pro? Item page also does not list resolution so I would not presume 1920x1080.

rated:
This is a nice, solid Ultra Book.  Been using one for about 18 months from work (we were still handing out this model until about 6 months ago), and haven't had a hiccup.  Mine isn't 1920x1080 (I think it's 1366 x 768), and I'm not convinced this one is 1920 either.  That said, mine is configured exactly as shown in the thread title, and this is a decent machine for the mid-$400 range.  

Docking stations are inexpensive on eBay which makes it very easy to use external keyboard/monitor/mouse etc.There are a few models of E-series docks that fit this, some have USB 3.0 (and some don't) and some have two sets of DVI/DisplayPorts and others have one of each type.   So check the pictures carefully if buying a dock.  When sold by Dell the dock includes a 130W power adapter -- most of the second hand docks omit the adapter -- this is a very energy efficient laptop, so even a  90W power pack is sufficient to use with the dock (the dock fits some of their workstation class machines too, so they need the 130W power adapter to power the laptop and accessories).

rated:
Dead? Price: $624.11 & FREE Shipping

rated:
I got the laptop. Even with Prime, took 5 days.
Boxes come from Dell Outlet New. Unit looks clean. Box marked CTO ( Configure To Order ) so basically crap shoot and cannot trust exact specifications, especially from different sellers.
Came with Windows 10 Pro. Came with integrated webcam.

The only issue for me is with the screen resolution at 1366x768. I wished it were 1600x900.

Wifi is 11n not the stated 11ac. Not sure if complaining to Amazon will get me 11ac replacement module.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017