• filter:

Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Perm Filter, 51 oz, White $9.82 + ship (reg $24), or free store pickup Walmart

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The way coffee should be made.
Fresh ground beans.
5-mins in the microwave for the water for optimal brewing temp.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bodum-Pour-Over-Coffee-Maker-12-Cup-51-oz/51823486 

• Brews in 3-4 minutes, will be ready to serve
  • Remove the filter from the carafe before serving and enjoy
  • Does not trap essential oils of your coffee in a paper filter, and makes a beautiful slow-brew
  • Includes a permanent stainless steel mesh filter; no paper filters or capsules needed
  • Stainless steel mesh filter
  • Mouth-blown borosilicate glass
  • Dishwasher safe

Member Summary

Bodum (13.89kB)
Thanks Sdeout73
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How does one keep the coffee hot after brewing?

rated:
White is not available to pick up at store.

rated:
How is this different that my drip coffee machine that does the "pouring" for me?

rated:
This seems to be similar to a Chemex but with a reusable filter.

rated:
scrab4deal said:   How is this different that my drip coffee machine that does the "pouring" for me?
  When making pour over coffee, you have far more control over the water temp and the speed at which you pour the water. This can have a surprisingly large effect on the taste of the coffee.

It's not unquestionably superior; some people might actually prefer the taste or convenience of their drip machine. If you're curious, I'd suggest going to a coffee shop that offers it and ordering yourself a pour over. If it tastes way better that what you're used to, well, you can fairly easily buy a few items and replicate that great coffee at home.

As far as this specific item goes, personally, I'm not a fan. It's thin and fragile, hard to clean and in my opinion, unnecessarily large. I'd recommend an inexpensive ceramic cone instead.

rated:
Ok people... Philz coffee does the pour over method and it's some of the best coffee around and many non lazy countries still use socks and / or cheese cloth for the pour over method, but some people like espresso and or drip...

The issue with Pour over is Bean grind and water temp has to be in a certain range, so don't expect do perfect this on your 1st try !! That being said it's worth trying more so since i am shipping my over priced full auto espresso machine off to be repaired in another state... Thanks Krups !!

Update they are sold out AND this is a 12 cup model, a bit of overkill

rated:
Anyone know how to get free shipping?

rated:
Amaz0n has priced matched WaImart on the white version, plus 15% off coupon. Hurry before they realize WaImart sold out and jack the price back up.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T9OC0X8 

ETA: not sure why Dilbertic said it is sold out, I'm seeing the 51oz in white in stock right now. Still, Amaz0n is cheaper if you don't mind the delayed shipping.

ETA: it is definitely OOS at WaImart now and Amaz0n removed the coupon.

rated:
Makes a great pot of coffee. ITs easy to use and easy to clean. playing with the amount of coffee and water, what type of coffee and hot hot you want it can be tricky but it teaches you a lot about the coffee.

rated:
One would use a microwave to reheat

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017