Gold Star Starbucks members - Reload $10+ June 4–7 w/Chase Pay, and get 250 Bonus Stars

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Starbucks
Disclaimer
Offer valid 6/4/17–6/7/17. Gold Starbucks Rewards™ members load your Starbucks ® Card/App using Chase Pay and collect two hundred and fifty (250) Bonus Stars. Bonus Stars will be automatically loaded to this Starbucks Rewards™ account within 48 hours. These Bonus Stars cannot be combined with other offers, promotions or discounts. Bonus Stars do not apply towards Star Dashes. This offer is exclusively for Starbucks Rewards Gold Members. Limit one per person. Enjoy this offer one time. Offer good in the U.S. only. See full offer details here

*At participating stores. Some restrictions apply. See starbucks.com/terms for details.
Chase Credit Cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A.

Deposit products are provided by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.

Chase, Chase Pay, and the Chase Octagon are trademarks of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.  

linkymoo 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The app installed on my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 but the Chase Pay option inside the Starbucks app didn't appear no ... (more)

momoman (Jun. 07, 2017 @ 8:31a) |

I had to totally uninstall my Starbucks app and reinstall it for the Chase pay option to show up.

Stubtify (Jun. 07, 2017 @ 9:40a) |

That did the trick for my Samsung Galaxy S4.  I forgot to try that last night.  Thanks.  I already got the points using ... (more)

momoman (Jun. 07, 2017 @ 3:48p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That was fast.  I just reloaded yesterday right b4 I posted this.  Already got my 250 stars this morning.

I tried reload last night, bonus received!

Don't forget to remove your loaded card afterwards as it was shown the app was hacked.

forbin4040 said:   Don't forget to remove your loaded card afterwards as it was show the app was hacked.
  Great tip, will remove once I get the bonus today hopefully (just signed up).

Is there a way to remove Chase pay after reloading, I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

sandman512 said:   Is there a way to remove Chase pay after reloading, I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
  Go to your settings from your Starbucks app and click on Edit Payment Methods and delete. 

linrick said:   
sandman512 said:   Is there a way to remove Chase pay after reloading, I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
  Go to your settings from your Starbucks app and click on Edit Payment Methods and delete. 

  Thanks for the reply.  I tried that and it won't let me delete it.  FWIW, I can delete everything else exact Chase Pay.

sandman512 said:     Thanks for the reply.  I tried that and it won't let me delete it.  FWIW, I can delete everything else exact Chase Pay.

 

That's weird, I did it on my phone with no problem.  Try log on your acct. at Starbucks.com.  I'm pretty sure you can delete from there.

I appreciate the replies. It still didn't work, so I uninstalled the app., then reinstalled it and it was gone. On a side note, while reviewing my STARS, I noticed that 125 stars was used last week and NO one in my family used it. So, I called CS and they confirmed it was used at my local Starbucks at 6:58 am. I indicated that it was no one in my family who used it. The bottom line, somehow my account was hacked and my FREE reward was redeemed. Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks!

That was so fast!

Cannot even add Chase Pay to my app. I couldn't delete it when I had it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it was gone. When I try to add Chase Pay it errors out every time.

The Chase Pay app installed just fine on my phone. It refused to run when tapped because my phone is ROOTed. FYI.

ablang said:   The Chase Pay app installed just fine on my phone. It refused to run when tapped because my phone is ROOTed. FYI.
  Xposed Framework -> RootCloak

Reloaded yesterday -- got 250 pts overnight

jatan1986 said:   Reloaded yesterday -- got 250 pts overnight
Ditto.  And I never got any notification on this program from Starbucks or Chase.    

Thanks OP! I also wouldn't have known about this had you not posted it. Added $10 yesterday and the bonus got added overnight.

Added Chase Pay from the Starbucks App...got email from Chase that it was ready to use. Went back into Starbucks app to reload but encountered a server error and had to sign into the app. Once I did that, Chase Pay option was gone. I added my Chase credit card, but it doesn't say Chase Pay (like it did before). What gives? Will I still get the stars reloading with just the Chase credit card? How do I get the Chase Pay option back??

UPDATE:  Called Chase and they confirmed everything was setup correctly and is active to use Chase Pay.  They suggested I call Starbucks for assistance with the bonus stars.  Starbucks says if Chase Pay option is no longer there, then it means the promotion expired as it was limited quantities.  Looks like I lost out on this one.  

sandman512 said:   I appreciate the replies. It still didn't work, so I uninstalled the app., then reinstalled it and it was gone. On a side note, while reviewing my STARS, I noticed that 125 stars was used last week and NO one in my family used it. So, I called CS and they confirmed it was used at my local Starbucks at 6:58 am. I indicated that it was no one in my family who used it. The bottom line, somehow my account was hacked and my FREE reward was redeemed. Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks!
I've had the Starbucks staff mistakenly use a reward when I wanted to pay with my card through the app. Seems awfully coincidental (though certainly possible) that someone used your hacked account at your local store.  

jasmithvr6 said:   Added Chase Pay from the Starbucks App...got email from Chase that it was ready to use. Went back into Starbucks app to reload but encountered a server error and had to sign into the app. Once I did that, Chase Pay option was gone. I added my Chase credit card, but it doesn't say Chase Pay (like it did before). What gives? Will I still get the stars reloading with just the Chase credit card? How do I get the Chase Pay option back??

UPDATE:  Called Chase and they confirmed everything was setup correctly and is active to use Chase Pay.  They suggested I call Starbucks for assistance with the bonus stars.  Starbucks says if Chase Pay option is no longer there, then it means the promotion expired as it was limited quantities.  Looks like I lost out on this one.  

 Are you Gold Star with Starbucks?   If not, it doesn't work because the offer is for Gold Star Members only.

linrick said:   
jasmithvr6 said:   Added Chase Pay from the Starbucks App...got email from Chase that it was ready to use. Went back into Starbucks app to reload but encountered a server error and had to sign into the app. Once I did that, Chase Pay option was gone. I added my Chase credit card, but it doesn't say Chase Pay (like it did before). What gives? Will I still get the stars reloading with just the Chase credit card? How do I get the Chase Pay option back??

UPDATE:  Called Chase and they confirmed everything was setup correctly and is active to use Chase Pay.  They suggested I call Starbucks for assistance with the bonus stars.  Starbucks says if Chase Pay option is no longer there, then it means the promotion expired as it was limited quantities.  Looks like I lost out on this one.  

 Are you Gold Star with Starbucks?   If not, it doesn't work because the offer is for Gold Star Members only.

  Yes Gold Star Member.

forbin4040 said:   Don't forget to remove your loaded card afterwards as it was shown the app was hacked.
  FUD. App hasn't been hacked any more than any other app (or web site) requiring an ID and password where users keep using the same ID and password that they use for every other web site without ever changing them.

ablang said:   The Chase Pay app installed just fine on my phone. It refused to run when tapped because my phone is ROOTed. FYI.
The app installed on my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 but the Chase Pay option inside the Starbucks app didn't appear no matter what I tried.  I had no problem with my wife's iPhone 7 so I went that route last night and the bonus points appeared this morning on the account we share.
Off topic, but my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't support the new Alexa app for calls and messaging but my rooted S4 does.  I spent hours talking to Amazon, T-Mobile and Samsung to try to figure it out and the only difference between my 2 S4's are the Android 4.4.4 on my stock phone vs the 5.0.2 on the rooted phone. 
 

I had to totally uninstall my Starbucks app and reinstall it for the Chase pay option to show up.

Stubtify said:   I had to totally uninstall my Starbucks app and reinstall it for the Chase pay option to show up.
That did the trick for my Samsung Galaxy S4.  I forgot to try that last night.  Thanks.  I already got the points using my wife's phone but I'll remember this for future app problems.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017