• filter:

10% to 20% Off Coupon + 8% Back in Rewards for Backstage Pass Members - AC @ Musician's Friend

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

MFcoupon (105.38kB)
Disclaimer
10% to 20% Off Coupon + 8% Back in Rewards for Backstage Pass Members - AC @ Musician's Friend 

Coupon: HEYJUNE

Having worked for MF's sister company for a few years I can confidently say that 20% is the biggest coupon you get from either company. You used to be able to haggle for better than 20% in store at GC but they have really quashed that for the most part these days.

Not everything is 20% off but they at least clearly mark them. I still remember in the days before working for them I would wait till the 18% deal with the MF card and max out.  It was about the best you could do when you are broke as a joke and 20 years old but still want to start a band. 

Happened to see a sweet deal on the Markbass Blackline Little Mark 250 250W Bass Amp Head Black - $251.99 after coupon!!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Appreciate the post. My issue lies with MF & Music123's coupons. Once again I decided to waste my time trying to purchase something from Fender, Epiphone or Line 6. The code wasn't permitted on any of those. This is typical everytime I try to use them so I usually don't bother. Once again I thought THIS time would be different

rated:
grumpyoldman said:   Appreciate the post. My issue lies with MF & Music123's coupons. Once again I decided to waste my time trying to purchase something from Fender, Epiphone or Line 6. The code wasn't permitted on any of those. This is typical everytime I try to use them so I usually don't bother. Once again I thought THIS time would be different
  Yeah those companies tend to not allow use of coupons since they want to control prices. Even on other sites you will not see their coupons work on those brands. Like Pro Guitar Shop runs a lot of 15% coupons and they never work on those brands either. The big names all know people want their stuff and don't want to lower the perceived price point of their products.

This coupon, from what I could tell, was limited to the items on the sale page I linked to. They put that little link at the bottom that says "Shop select gear". Kind of a bummer compared to 10 years ago but the musical instrument industry took a huge hit during the recession and all those open ended 18% MF coupons and 20%+ discounts in GC stores are nearly history.

For those brands you pretty much have to rely on them going on sale and try to catch the 2 or 3 times a year they discount stuff, which usually only happens to the same items every time. Meaning if you want a good price on that specific Fender or Epi you might be out of luck. I noticed the sales that MF and GC do are almost always on the same items. Their Black Friday flyer has been nearly the same, item for item, for the last 3-5 years or maybe more.

Anything specific from them you are looking for, I still am in the loop with how they do discounts and stuff and which things go on sale and not.

Another store to watch is Adorama, they blow out guitars when they get too old. I got GC to price match Adorama on a Fender Deluxe Tele when they discontinued them to put out the Elite series. Adorama had them for $1000, which is dang near cost for GC. I know cause I looked.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017