• filter:

Bushnell Compact Folding Binoculars $13.99 at amazon.com + Bushnell $15 rebate form

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

bush (7.92kB)
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Bushnell Compact Folding Roof Prism Binoculars $13.99 + Bushnell $15 rebate form
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Powerview-Compact-Folding-Binocular/dp/B00CTUXKWY 

Center fold optics and 8x magnification. rubber cover. 378-feet filed of view. 7 ounces.

Rebate form for $15 available from Bushnell valid 6/8-22/2017. Rebate must be postmarked by July 22, 2017

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/01/15/48/85/44/11548854450._CB508893070_.pdf 

Member Summary

Bushnell (10.69kB)
Thanks Sdeout73
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the info! Love the rebates!!

smokeycatrules (Jun. 16, 2017 @ 6:37p) |

OctaneZ (Jun. 23, 2017 @ 8:02p) |

My order shipped yesterday.

marcopolomle (Jun. 23, 2017 @ 9:44p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Amazon advertises price after rebate as $1.01.

rated:
Even though I hate to play the rebate game because my batting average for actually collecting a check is dismal, I bit. TY OP.

rated:
Which model?

rated:
exbat said:   Which model?

camo...

ships in 2-5 weeks though

rated:
vickh said:   
exbat said:   Which model?

camo...

ships in 2-5 weeks though

Cheapest camo model seems to be 8x21, at $14.99. 3 colors and 7 different magnifications - OP really should have specified...

rated:
also at walmart

rated:
You can still use the rebate at Walmart. Their price is $15.99 and still a great deal!

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   You can still use the rebate at Walmart. Their price is $15.99 and still a great deal!
  Different model at Walmart
That deal is posted here
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1571740

rated:
8x21 black also available at Red's Gear at $15.99, no tax and free shipping.  Only three left, though.

http://www.redsgear.com/bushnell-powerview-binocular-8x21mm-roof...

Newegg has the same model for $13.99, but you need Premier to get free shipping.  No Shoprunner.

rated:
Even though I hate to play the rebate game because my batting average for actually collecting a check is dismal, I bit. TY OP.
Shingwedzi

I just don't buy anything with rebates anymore. It's all a scam-show; myself, I think that fighting morons for fifteen bucks (or 1500 bucks, for that matter) is just not worth the time and grief.

But as long as we keep biting, they'll keep throwing it out in front of us.

rated:
AusTexDealSeeker said:   Even though I hate to play the rebate game because my batting average for actually collecting a check is dismal, I bit. TY OP.
Shingwedzi

I just don't buy anything with rebates anymore. It's all a scam-show; myself, I think that fighting morons for fifteen bucks (or 1500 bucks, for that matter) is just not worth the time and grief.

if u dont receive rebates its because ur iq is too low. 

seriously, if u do it right and on time, u would get the rebates 99.9% of the time. i dont have to fight anytime. the other 0.1% was because i was late. i still called them anyway but they wouldn't budge. its my fault.

rated:
It's inane comments like that, that make one wonder about your IQ.

rated:
Deleted

rated:
ocean935 said:   It's inane comments like that, that make one wonder about your IQ.

its a fact. did they ever deny any of ur legitimate rebates? for what reasons?

rated:
OP please add “postmarked by July 22, 2017” so even if it ships in 5 weeks you’ll be fine.
You just have to BUY between June 8, 2017 – June 22, 2017 in order to be eligible for rebate.

rated:
Added.

rated:
AusTexDealSeeker said:   Even though I hate to play the rebate game because my batting average for actually collecting a check is dismal, I bit. TY OP.
Shingwedzi

I've done thousands of dollars in rebates over the years and almost never have problems.  The very few cases I had problems were resolved in my favor.  If you follow instructions to the letter and keep copies, they work.

Yes, it can be a pain but it can also be worth it.  Just yesterday I got a $350 rebate in the mail.  After that rebate and selling the accompanying printer which I didn't need, I got a brand new Canon DSLR and a telephoto lens for well under $200.  Sure I had to jump through a few hoops, but for a deal like that it was well worth it.

rated:
jhd3rd said:   
Shingwedzi

I've done thousands of dollars in rebates over the years and almost never have problems.  The very few cases I had problems were resolved in my favor.  If you follow instructions to the letter and keep copies, they work.

Yes, it can be a pain but it can also be worth it.  Just yesterday I got a $350 rebate in the mail.  After that rebate and selling the accompanying printer which I didn't need, I got a brand new Canon DSLR and a telephoto lens for well under $200.  Sure I had to jump through a few hoops, but for a deal like that it was well worth it.

and they questioned my iq when i said mail in rebate wasnt a scam unless he didnt know how to follow directions.

people still make money out of those printer/camera combo deal? i am stuck with 5 printers/papers that noone is willing to pay even at 20% of what i listed. 

rated:
microkelvin said:   
Shingwedzi

seriously, if u do it right and on time, u would get the rebates 99.9% of the time. i dont have to fight anytime. the other 0.1% was because i was late. i still called them anyway but they wouldn't budge. its my fault.

I like how you question my IQ when you can hide behind your computer screen -- I'd bet six hundred dollars that in real life you're a total candy-ass, never say a word to anyone. Moron...

rated:
Amazon's prices keep changing. I just ordered from Walmart, via "aSavings,"one of their third party sellers. Total was $15.95, no shipping charge and no sales tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushnell-PowerView-8-x-21mm-Binocular...

rated:
AusTexDealSeeker said:   
microkelvin said:   
Shingwedzi

I like how you question my IQ when you can hide behind your computer screen -- I'd bet six hundred dollars that in real life you're a total candy-ass, never say a word to anyone. Moron...

and u still get ur rebates denied? 

rated:
I also never had any problems with any of my rebates throughout all the years I have been doing them. I always keep a copy and set a date to remind myself to check/followup in case the rebate doesn't come. However, it comes 100% of the time that I do them.

On the flip side, I worked as a buyer on the retail side of the business and can tell you that only 25% of all people actually submit a rebate. Companies make money from the 75% of the people who forgot or didn't bother to send it in or didn't send it in on time. Logically, there is really no reasons any company would want to "fraudulently" or "accidentally" lose/deny legitimate rebate claims. I mean, why fight the 25% of the people who remember to cut the upcs, fill out the forms, make copies, and mail it in. They are the ones who will mostly likely leave you a bad reviews if anything goes wrong. There is no point because companies already made a bunch of profit from the 75% of consumers who didn't bother.

rated:
Rebates is like flipping houses for a profit. Sometimes the economy sags and you're stuck. Anyone that says they get 100% is an outlier and statistically irrevelant even if true.

Yes 75% don't submit.. that is called slippage in the biz. Companies rely on people's laziness to make the purchase work overall. They aren't really giving anything away.

The motivation for rejecting rebates: Companies HIRE processors. Which are you going to hire, the one with a 17% reject rate, or 21%? So long as both Company and processor have plausible deniability (heck, semi-plausible), this system perpetuates.

rated:
lexcurat said:   Rebates is like flipping houses for a profit. Sometimes the economy sags and you're stuck. Anyone that says they get 100% is an outlier and statistically irrevelant even if true.

Yes 75% don't submit.. that is called slippage in the biz. Companies rely on people's laziness to make the purchase work overall. They aren't really giving anything away.

The motivation for rejecting rebates: Companies HIRE processors. Which are you going to hire, the one with a 17% reject rate, or 21%? So long as both Company and processor have plausible deniability (heck, semi-plausible), this system perpetuates.

you dont read or you dont know what ur saying? nobody said rebate centers denied 100% or how many submitted. 

rated:
deal dead from Amazon

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   Amazon advertises price after rebate as $1.01.

Where do you see it coming up as $1.01 on Amazon? Are you using a coupon code? Cheers

rated:
if you are willing to pony up a few dollars more, ~$4, you could get the 12x25. Already using a few sets that our family owns, I guess I wouldn't get the most bottom of the barrel, especially for $4. Yes, if you get the $1 model, it is better that any no-name brand, but you get better magnification, and better aperture so it is better for lower light situations.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   if you are willing to pony up a few dollars more, ~$4, you could get the 12x25. Already using a few sets that our family owns, I guess I wouldn't get the most bottom of the barrel, especially for $4. Yes, if you get the $1 model, it is better that any no-name brand, but you get better magnification, and better aperture so it is better for lower light situations.
Binocular noob here. What's the difference between the 12x25 and 12x32? Should I Spring for the bigger aperture? Then I see a 10x32 too, and even a 10x42, and I get completely confused...

I don't know anything about this stuff. I'd love to use this as an opportunity to get something decent for me and my son to use when camping, at events, etc., but I have no idea what's practical, too much, or too little given the $15 discount.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   if you are willing to pony up a few dollars more, ~$4, you could get the 12x25. Already using a few sets that our family owns, I guess I wouldn't get the most bottom of the barrel, especially for $4. Yes, if you get the $1 model, it is better that any no-name brand, but you get better magnification, and better aperture so it is better for lower light situations.
Not better magnification: higher magnification, which can be a big negative.Higher magnification has its down sides -  

• The image is less bright
  • It has a narrower field of view
  • The bigger the magnification the more difficult it is to hold still (above 12x a solid tripod is usually needed)

rated:
chrispitude said:   Binocular noob here.

The first number shown on a binocular is the magnification.           
An 8x21 magnifies 8 times, so the subject appears 8x bigger or 8x nearer. Similarly - 

• an 8x40 magnifies 8x
  • a 10x50 magnifies 10x
  • a 12 x 50 magnifies 12x and so on

7x or 8x is ideal for general purpose and bird watching.

The second number is for relative brightness. Most modern binoculars operate perfectly in daylight and even twilight, only if used at dusk or almost darkness does brightness become a real concern.

• A bigger lens can give a brighter image (An 8x40 gives a brighter image than an 8x30, a bigger lens however means a bigger heavier binocular which possibly will be more expensive)
  • More powerful binoculars are less bright (e.g. a 20x50 will be darker than a 10x50.  A little extra magnification loses a lot of brightness, for instance a 10x50 can be four times as bright as a 20x50 and a 7x50 will be nearly eight times as bright)
  • Brightness is also affected by better quality lenses, prisms and coatings

For normal daylight conditions most binoculars are fine!

rated:
Academy Sports has the 8x21 at $11.48 or $13.48, and 10x50 at $16.99, 12x50 at $19.99
Check your local Academy store

rated:
B&H has 8x21 for $17.49 shipped without sales tax outside of NY and NJ. Net cost would be $2.49 plus 49 cent stamp.

rated:
Thanks OP. Got 10x32 from B&H. Hopefully it will be in stock in time for the rebate.
Final price will be about $15. Good deal.

rated:
whuhoyo said:   Academy Sports has the 8x21 at $11.48 or $13.48, and 10x50 at $16.99, 12x50 at $19.99
Check your local Academy store

My local store has 12x50 for $49.99.  How do you get $19.99 price?

rated:
Same for me with the Academy Sports for the 12x50 at $49.98.

rated:
chrispitude said:

7x or 8x is ideal for general purpose and bird watching.

I tried watching my pärrot with them and all he did was give me the stink eye. Then he went back to writing on his novel. ("Edmund, a Pärrot's Tale." A huge, roller coaster of a novel in four hundred sizzling chapters.)

rated:

rated:
Thanks for the info! Love the rebates!!

Skipping 2 Messages...
rated:
My order shipped yesterday.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017