• filter:

Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit $99 @Homedepot

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Homedepot has Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit on sale for $99.
Free shipping or free store pickup.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Drill-Driver-and-Im...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Includes 2 compact LITHIUM batteries, charger and carrying bag.

rated:
I just recently bought this one from Lowe's. Does anyone have any opinion which one is a good deal? I am not a big do-it-yourself guy. But still believe it will be nice to have a set at home. Not sure which one to buy. Is it better to wait until Black Friday sale, as I do not need one right away.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-2-Tool-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Li-ion-Brushed-Motor-Cordless-Combo-Kit-with-Soft-Case/50074325

rated:
JKdeals said:   I just recently bought this one from Lowe's. Does anyone have any opinion which one is a good deal? I am not a big do-it-yourself guy. But still believe it will be nice to have a set at home. Not sure which one to buy. Is it better to wait until Black Friday sale, as I do not need one right away.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-2-Tool-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Li-ion-Brushed-Motor-Cordless-Combo-Kit-with-Soft-Case/50074325 

return that sh1t now. Perhaps the Porter Cable is arguably better, but they have a very limited selection of tools otherwise. You will be much happier with the choice of tools from Ryobi. I was never a fan of their tools when they came in blue, but they are much better imo. They have never changed their battery style which is very convenient, unlike every other tool company out there. I am a Milwaukee guy for 90% of my tools, but I have several Ryobi items because they aren't the bottom of the barrel & the price is right. I own the hybrid power fan (much better than Milwaukee), chemical sprayer, higher end model blower, & pole saw. All have been positive experiences. 

If you don't need an over-powered 18v set, then also look at the Milwaukee M12 line. It is sold out online, but in-store you can get the 2494-22 (drill & impact) plus extra 6ah battery (normally $90), all for $99. If you decide you don't want the extra battery & return it, the set will cost you ~$55. That kit will handle 90% of home-owner tasks. 

Porter Cable use to have a better tool to go along with their name, but that has changed. They said they would be releasing updated wood-worker type equipment at Lowes, but that never materialized. They are slow to come out with anything new, which may not directly effect you, but if there is less popularity in a platform, the more likely it will change or go away.

rated:
10% off movers coupons still a thing?  Or was that for in store purchase only...  I used a couple, but it was 2-3 years ago and don't remember now.

Eh... nevermind.  google results say it's no longer a thing.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
JKdeals said:   JKdeals;19892902 said:

If you don't need an over-powered 18v set, then also look at the Milwaukee M12 line. It is sold out online, but in-store you can get the 2494-22 (drill & impact) plus extra 6ah battery (normally $90), all for $99. If you decide you don't want the extra battery & return it, the set will cost you ~$55. That kit will handle 90% of home-owner tasks. 

LINK to that Milwaukee M12 package deal (at HD).

JKdeals: do you know from experience that HD will accept a return of the "free" battery only, and offer a refund of ~$45? I'm very tempted but I'm curious if it's a YMMV sort of thing...

rated:
exbat said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
JKdeals said:   JKdeals;19892902 said:

LINK to that Milwaukee M12 package deal (at HD).

JKdeals: do you know from experience that HD will accept a return of the "free" battery only, and offer a refund of ~$45? I'm very tempted but I'm curious if it's a YMMV sort of thing...

I have done this before with other tool sets + free item deals. 
When it rings up, the "free" item doesn't ring up as $0.00, it rings up prorated based on the price of the tool set and the price of the free item combined. So if tool set is say, $200, and free items range in price from $50-90, and you only want the tool set, get the $90 item when you purchase. Then return the extra item to get the max discount off the overall purchase. 

rated:
JKdeals said:   I just recently bought this one from Lowe's. Does anyone have any opinion which one is a good deal? I am not a big do-it-yourself guy. But still believe it will be nice to have a set at home. Not sure which one to buy. Is it better to wait until Black Friday sale, as I do not need one right away.

I purchased this kit 3 years ago and have really enjoyed using it for all kinds of DIY home and auto tasks.  The Ryobi eco system is great for someone who needs tools, but doesn't have enough projects to justify the switch to Dewalt or Milwaukee, and doesn't care for the single use Harbor Freight electronics.  I think I am up to 8 Ryobi tools now, no complaints about any of them other than the OG string trimmer I got when it was NiCD.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
 edit 
edit

Showing me this package not sold in store and as stated oos online.

rated:
Any idea?

rated:
Good.Thanks OP.

rated:
I actually purchased this over the weekend and with the purchase of this kit, you actually get to pick one free item. They are running a ryobi days instore promo. You can get an extra

18-Volt ONE+ Compact Lithium-Ion Battery (2-Pack)
or
ONE+ 18-Volt Compact LITHIUM+ Battery
or something else.

rated:
retrac said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
 edit 
edit

I would go in-store. HD may have stopped any online purchases in-store as well to prevent people from buying up all the stock. My local HD also said it didn't have any, but there were plenty on the shelf. I bought 2 sets yesterday.

While doing so, someone else was just buying the kit based on the reccomendation of the HD employee. I stopped the guy and asked him where his free battery was? He looked at me confused, and I directed the employee to go get a battery. He looked more confused than the customer. I brought him to the endcap and showed him their promotion. I should have asked the guy for one of the smaller batteries now that I think about it.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
retrac said:   
MeIsCheap said:   
 edit 
edit

I would go in-store. HD may have stopped any online purchases in-store as well to prevent people from buying up all the stock. My local HD also said it didn't have any, but there were plenty on the shelf. I bought 2 sets yesterday.

While doing so, someone else was just buying the kit based on the reccomendation of the HD employee. I stopped the guy and asked him where his free battery was? He looked at me confused, and I directed the employee to go get a battery. He looked more confused than the customer. I brought him to the endcap and showed him their promotion. I should have asked the guy for one of the smaller batteries now that I think about it.

Great info. Thanks MeIsCheap!

rated:
Thanks MeIsCheap! Picked up your suggested Milwaukee M12 combo getting free 6 Ah battery. Receipt shows the extra battery refund price of $46.87. That makes the combo set $52.13 + tax if one was so inclined. I would think the Ryobi deal would be much the same. I wanted to do the Ryobi also but my store is out of the free 2 compact batteries. I would return the combo and keep the batteries on this one. Will go to another HD to get this.

rated:
Purchase of the Ryobi driver and impact does not get a free item. Other purchase does.

My store has the driver only for $99 with a free item but the combo kit is excluded. 

Had them ring it up just to be sure. Was pricing as $99 + $49. 

rated:
Stubtify said:   Purchase of the driver and impact does not get a free item. Other purchase does.

My store has the driver for $99 with a free item but the combo kit is excluded

Don't know which one you're speaking of but I did the Milwaukee combo and received free battery. The Ryobi had several combos and single tool displays at my store all showing a free item under $79.99 with purchase.

rated:
retrac said:   
Stubtify said:   Purchase of the driver and impact does not get a free item. Other purchase does.

My store has the driver for $99 with a free item but the combo kit is excluded

Don't know which one you're speaking of but I did the Milwaukee combo and received free battery. The Ryobi had several combos and single tool displays at my store all showing a free item under $79.99 with purchase.

I updated my post to be clearer. I'm talking about the kit in the OP.  Rrobiy 18V ONE+ Driver & Impact. 

The Ryobi display was clear, the Driver is $99 and you get a free item. The Driver/Impact combo is $99 and you don't get a free item. I even asked the Ryobi Rep. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017