Low Voltage 1.2-Watt Black Outdoor Integrated LED Landscape Path Light - $2.79 @ Home Depot

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Low Voltage 1.2-Watt Black Outdoor Integrated LED Landscape Path Light-CY2001-08W - The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Low Voltage 1.2-Watt Black Outdoor Integrated LED Landscape Path Light - $2.79 (was $6.97) at Home Depot with free in-store pickup or free shipping on $45+.

• Warm white LED lighting
  • Attractive black finish
  • Output up to 100 Lumens

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks more like a spot or up light rather than a path light.

1.2-Watt Black Outdoor Integrated LED Low Voltage Landscape Path light-CW3001-08W - The Home Depot
Disclaimer
vadeltachi said:   Looks more like a spot or up light rather than a path light.
  More path light like. Same price.

vadeltachi said:   Looks more like a spot or up light rather than a path light.

It is a spot light and it have to be right next to whatever you try to light.... 100 Lumens is weak.

Looks like a hot deal to me.

Not solar. Low utility, and low light output.

Really?  what solar light can put out 100 lumens overnight?  at this price?

I have low voltage lighting currently, using regular bulbs. 4 spots, 5 walkway lights. Total of 135 watts that runs in the evening and shuts off around midnight. Figure average of 5 hours per day (more in winter, less in summer), x 365 days x 135 watts = 246 kilowatts a year. At $0.14 per hour, that's $34.49 per year for my lights PLUS the electricity to run the transformer.

Each spotlight (I have 20 watt) costs $4.09 a year to run. For $2.79 + tax per light, these breakeven in 8.7 months. 1 year manufacturer warranty, plus 2 years on my Citi card, seems like a nobrainer. Spots seem fine, the walkway lights are low and made of cheap materials.

Keep in mind two things. First, the connection to the landscape wiring will fail eventually. On my Malibu lights, I wire directly with wire nuts, tape, and then put a plastic bag over it and tape it. Lasts good. Second, these are permanent bulbs, so when they do burn out they are trash.

The house we bought has a whole bunch of broken landscape lighting installed, but the transformers appears to work fine. They're probably 15 years old.

The question is: if they're unregulated transformers, are they OK to use with LED lights? I measured the output directly at the transformers and it was around 13v.

Ah well, picked up 18 of the path lights and 10 spot lights. We'll see what happens.

Thanks OP!

In for 18.

I have 20 of each of these lights and agree with the comment abou the spotlights having a better build quality than the path lights. The 2.4 watt light (similar to a 20 watt regular bulb) are all metal. I'd recommend the 2.4 watt (at around $4) over the 1 watt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017