• filter:

Up to $25 off at Amazon when you shop with Amex points

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
To Receive your Promotional Discount you must:
1. Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart.
2. Under "Choose a payment method," select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click "Use this payment method."
3. Enter the promo code AMEX17EVER in the box provided on the checkout page, then click "Apply."
4. Up to $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout.
As with previous promotions you need an Amex card that earns MR points not cashback. Also the MR points are only worth like .6 cents toward purchase so the trick is to just put $1 of MR points toward the purchase and you'll still get the discount. Bought a Roku tv and got $25 off purchase.

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Jul. 3, 2017 @ 1:01am
Member Summary

Amex points (1.17kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Worked for me !! thanks

saltlollypop (Jul. 05, 2017 @ 5:05a) |

" The promotional code you entered has expired. "

cuafe (Jul. 07, 2017 @ 9:14p) |

VegasVegan (Jul. 08, 2017 @ 12:08a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Not working for anything I've tried (including the echo)

rated:
I tried the above steps with the Amazon echo as well and it works for me. However, note that I have never gotten any promo with the amex mr points ever.

rated:
The echo was 129 the other day...

rated:
Nope; not working for me, either.

rated:
Worked for me. Thanks OP. The items in the shopping cart must be sold by Amazon, not a third-party seller. That's the key to make it work.

rated:
jjl44 said:   Worked for me. Thanks OP. The items in the shopping cart must be sold by Amazon, not a third-party seller. That's the key to make it work.
  I tried their echo so... Maybe I've used this offer in my previous life.

rated:
Not working for me. I might have used similar promo in the past, cant remember.

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

rated:
Be sure to first select an AMEX card linked to points as the payment type, and then select pay with points, and then apply the coupon code. That worked for me. The offer also combined with a previous credit from an Amazon sample box so my total paid was only less than $10 in points for $51 in cart value. I guess it can be combined with the Echo Wand credit too but I used that already. Combining with the promotional credit is a nice way to reduce the amount of points converted because the conversion rate is below 1c/point.

rated:
any idea when this expires? I have to figure out $50 worth of stuff to buy!

rated:
buy $50 worth of fidget spinners..haha

rated:
Amex Reward Dollars or Points?

rated:
Hmm, followed directions, but still didn't work...

rated:
Will this stack with all other promos? What about the chrome extension promo?

rated:
forbin4040 said:   buy $50 worth of fidget spinners..haha
  lol.... walmart selling those for $5.....

rated:
Everything in my cart is sold and shipped by Amazon but code does not work for me.
I have never used points before as payment

rated:
This deal worked for me when I bought a $50 Whole Food gift card. I applied only $0.01 worth of reward point.

rated:
Worked for me. Bought $100 Safeway gift card sold by ACI Gift Cards, Inc. First time using this type of promo.

rated:
Nah; still not working for me, even with all Amazon items, and using an AmEx card with Rewards. Strange!

rated:
Not working for me - but the code looks familiar and I have probably used it in the past. So, may be this is still an old code floating around?

rated:
Worked on one of my rarely used accounts. Bought $50 Starbucks GC, used $0.01 in points.

rated:
good idea to buy gift cards... just be careful with Sears/Staples GCs!!

rated:
If you buy $75 worth of stuff, can you combine it with the "Spend $50, get 2,000 points back" AMEX deal from here?

rated:
Thanks OP, with the wand and ama cash promos added to this, I picked up a Weller digital soldering station for a little over $40 and only used one cent in points.  Fantastic..

rated:
Worked for me just the way it was described. Add items to cart, change payment method, select "pay with points" and I used $1 worth of points and paid rest with credit card. $25 showed up as soon as I changed the payment method.

rated:
Seems to be hit or miss. Congrats to all of the people who got it to work. No luck for me. I seem to remember using a points offer a couple of years ago. So maybe that is the issue.

rated:
No go for me. Tried Starbucks gift card from ACI.

rated:
Still Thanks OP.not working for me.

rated:
Points only...Doesn't work with Everyday Blue Cash card...

rated:
Ooops, sorry, wrong thread!  Duhhhh   

rated:
Thanks, used $0.01 AmEx points, saved $25.

rated:
showing available to me but my 100k platinum bonus hasnt posted yet dang it! no points to spend (they are pending)

rated:
Could be this:

"5. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months."

rated:
How long will this promo last?

rated:
Google this exact phrase(include underscores) for link to terms:

"amex_evergreen_terms"

rated:
Thanks for the link

rated:
Any idea when this offer expires?

rated:
nice, I have about 2yrs of points saved up for something like this.

rated:
Awesome deal - just worked on a $50 Regal GC using the instructions from jjl44. Thanks OP.

Skipping 12 Messages...
rated:
cuafe said:   " The promotional code you entered has expired. "

Did you try the 30/60 deal here?
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575760

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017