• filter:

Frontier Air One Way from $20 travel 8/15-10/4 (plus optional fees)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

One Way From $20 (12.58kB)
Thanks ChrisJohnson00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just my personal experience from flying Frontier ATL to SLC a few times last year; it is horrible. 2 of my flights were delayed for 9 and 11 hours respectively, other flights were delayed between 30 and 80 minutes, which I accept as part of flying. Not due to bad weather, but for a lightbulb the first time, and no reason given for the second. Seats are the least comfortable seat on a major carrier, thin padding, no amenities. And Fees! Carry on bag fees, seat fees, it never ends. ATL desk could not print my TSA Pre Check on boarding passes, so I had to wait in the long security lines.

I still fly them occasionally due to the very large price difference between other carriers, but it is never a pleasant experience. $20 flights include ATL to a variety of destinations in TX, but not Dallas.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   https://www.flyfrontier.com/ways-to-save/online-deals/

MUST PURCHASE BY JULY 6th

what kind of "optional" fees? i am sure $20 doesnt include airport charges, government taxes and fees.

we all know about extra fees for bags and such. but saying $20 just for a tix without airport & gov taxes and fees is like bait & switch.

rated:
Price includes all taxes. If you carry no larger than a backpack and do not even need water in the flight, $20 is all you pay one way!!

rated:
ranayak said:   Price includes all taxes. If you carry no larger than a backpack and do not even need water in the flight, $20 is all you pay one way!!
That's how I fly!
The trick is trying to get both outgoing and returning flights at $20.  Very tough.
However, sometimes you can "hack" 2 one way fares by using their Denver hub.  Also tough.

rated:
I've heard quite a few terrible reviews about Frontier (like above), but I've flown with them at least 12 times in the last 2 years and have never had an issue. Yes, if you're not careful fees do add up, but always pay for your luggage when you book because then it's cheaper. Also, don't take a carry-on because you have to pay for that so just pack the biggest bag (under 50-lbs.) that you can. Also, sometimes it's cheaper to sign up for their Discount Den program, but rarely. I purchased tickets to Orlando last year and by signing up for the Discount Den it saved our group $300, I only used it that one time though so I never renewed. So, as with any airline it's hit or miss, they do run these promotions quite often though so if you sign up for their email you can price compare.

rated:
anticlawson said:   I've heard quite a few terrible reviews about Frontier (like above), but I've flown with them at least 12 times in the last 2 years and have never had an issue. Yes, if you're not careful fees do add up, but always pay for your luggage when you book because then it's cheaper. Also, don't take a carry-on because you have to pay for that so just pack the biggest bag (under 50-lbs.) that you can. Also, sometimes it's cheaper to sign up for their Discount Den program, but rarely. I purchased tickets to Orlando last year and by signing up for the Discount Den it saved our group $300, I only used it that one time though so I never renewed. So, as with any airline it's hit or miss, they do run these promotions quite often though so if you sign up for their email you can price compare.

I have flown on Frontier at least 12 one way segments now and very pleased.   I never buy the seat in advance, just check in the day of and get assigned a seat. most of the time I've gotten a window or aisle, only once was I stuck in a middle seat. 

Ice water is free if you don't want to spend the $2-3 on a coke. A checked bag is $25 in advance (when you book the ticket)  My last RT to FL from the Northeast was $116 including a cked bag each way.

rated:
this sale sucks

rated:
SAT -SFO requires overnight stay in Denver each way.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017