• filter:

Penzey's Spices Free Mexican Vanilla Extract Today Only 7/6 In Stores & On Line but Shipping Chgs Apply

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
To get your flat-out free $7.95 Mexican Vanilla Extract, just mention this Facebook post in one of our stores today. 

Online at penzeys.com, the Mexican Vanilla Extract is also free. Enter 92430C in the apply code box at checkout, but shipping charges still apply.  

To try to make this a bit more obtainable we've dropped our standard $30 spending minimum for free shipping to just $20 and included Alaska and Hawaii in this offer—I hope it helps. If you are spending $20 to get free shipping, be sure to enter 43258C in the apply code box as well for your free $6.95 value Vietnamese Cinnamon.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
For many years I have bought spices for our family and friends from Penzeys.  But lately Penzeys has begun filling my email with a constant barrage of anti-Trump political messages.  I find this abuse of my patronage as a customer and their political message offensive. As an example, below is an excerpt from the email message that I received in connection with their Free Mexican Vanilla offer.

The subject line was “Time to say we are sorry”

"Two years ago today, 7-6-15, our President rolled out his campaign including these words:  Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border.

It’s been said history is written by the winners. In my travels I've found it to be more often written by local historians. The history of this presidency has only begun to unfold, but the history of the election, and what the people of the United States were willing to turn a blind eye to, is already cast. No future historian of 21st century America will be so unaware of 20th century history as to not know exactly who the then candidate was channeling with the words "tremendous infectious disease" or the inhumanity he was willing to risk being set in motion to bring attention to his candidacy. History will not be kind.

Today, on this anniversary, it seems a good day to apologize to the people of Mexico and Latin America. That form of intentional racism designed to stoke fear and anger among voters should have raised huge red flags as to why this was not a candidate fit for the highest office in the land. For reasons we have yet to get to the bottom of, those red flags were never raised, and for that we are sorry. 

Words do so much all by themselves, but over the years we've found if you attach those words to something that's both really good and totally free, the message travels a lot further. So we are tying this message of apology to a $7.95 value Mexican Vanilla Extract. Vanilla, native to Mexico, may well be the greatest of all gifts from nature, and due to the world-wide shortage going on right now, one of the most expensive gifts as well. With the way Americans use Vanilla in the baked goods that share their love for those around them, Mexican Vanilla Extract also seems to be just the right reminder of how lucky we are to share a border with a country that has added so much goodness to all our lives." 

rated:
No Penzeys in my home. Ever.

rated:
I stopped buying Penzeys for the exact same reason.

I honestly couldn't care less about their politics, which is why I find it annoying to be constantly reminded of it when I just want some freakin' thyme.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017